Photo

how to edit a unit/squad to be transportable?

transport

Best Answer Gambit, 15 April 2023 - 11:08 AM

Hello brother.

So first, look into the transport entity Data\attrib\ebps\races\space_marines\troops\rhino.rgd (for example), for the squad_hold_ext extension. Therein, as acceptable_type_01, you will see the type_transportable\transport_infantry.lua type. Other tranports may have acceptable_type_02, acceptable_type_03, etc (you can add more if you like yourself manually).

So these are the transportation types each transport can carry.

Now go to look into a squad, say Data\attrib\sbps\races\space_marines\space_marine_squad_tactical.rgd. In the space marines squad, you will see the same transport_infantry type in the squad_transportable_ext, meaning that the Rhino can transport them.

So in order to make a squad transportable by a specific transport, just look into the transport's squad_hold_ext, and use one of the acceptable_type_01, _02, etc, for the squad in question as well, in its squad_transportable_ext.

NOTE 1: The activate_transport_ability boolean setting of the squad, is associated with modifiers_no_squad / modifiers_squad_01, etc, of the transport entity (look into the of the squad_hold_ext  of the Rhino). If you have set it to true for the space marines, then once embarked, they will enable the modifiers that follow. For one squad, the modifiers_squad_01, for two embarked squads the modifiers_squad_02, etc.

This is for example for enabling the on-transport weapons, once a squad is inside. But it is a bit advanced, as it involves hardpoints.

NOTE 2: Not only transport entities can use the squad_hold_ext, but also structures. See for example the Orbital Relay of the Space marines.

Go to the full post

4 replies to this topic

#1 SteamRevora

SteamRevora
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2023 - 05:17 AM

I cannot believe that the search cannot find the word  transport, this question must be already answered somewhere
(hmm any word i type in cannot be found, search is not working?)

In looking at Corsix Studio, trying to edit a unit / squad to be transportable (sbps  squad_transporable_ext).  

I would expect  looking at a transportable unit should reveal the values, but the units transportable / non transportable Im looking at, seem identical in that area
so... how do I make a squad transportable with a rhino or repressor etc?

Thanks

Edited by SteamRevora, 15 April 2023 - 05:37 AM.

#2 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 15 April 2023 - 11:08 AM   Best Answer

Hello brother.

So first, look into the transport entity Data\attrib\ebps\races\space_marines\troops\rhino.rgd (for example), for the squad_hold_ext extension. Therein, as acceptable_type_01, you will see the type_transportable\transport_infantry.lua type. Other tranports may have acceptable_type_02, acceptable_type_03, etc (you can add more if you like yourself manually).

So these are the transportation types each transport can carry.

Now go to look into a squad, say Data\attrib\sbps\races\space_marines\space_marine_squad_tactical.rgd. In the space marines squad, you will see the same transport_infantry type in the squad_transportable_ext, meaning that the Rhino can transport them.

So in order to make a squad transportable by a specific transport, just look into the transport's squad_hold_ext, and use one of the acceptable_type_01, _02, etc, for the squad in question as well, in its squad_transportable_ext.

NOTE 1: The activate_transport_ability boolean setting of the squad, is associated with modifiers_no_squad / modifiers_squad_01, etc, of the transport entity (look into the of the squad_hold_ext  of the Rhino). If you have set it to true for the space marines, then once embarked, they will enable the modifiers that follow. For one squad, the modifiers_squad_01, for two embarked squads the modifiers_squad_02, etc.

This is for example for enabling the on-transport weapons, once a squad is inside. But it is a bit advanced, as it involves hardpoints.

NOTE 2: Not only transport entities can use the squad_hold_ext, but also structures. See for example the Orbital Relay of the Space marines.

Edited by Gambit, 15 April 2023 - 11:11 AM.

-In search of Papasmurf...

#3 SteamRevora

SteamRevora
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2023 - 01:15 PM

Thank you very much, this is good information! 
 I will check that and let you know how it goes!

#4 SteamRevora

SteamRevora
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2023 - 05:19 PM

Brother Gambit

It looked like it was setup properly from the get-go, meaning transport ( Repressor / Rhino ) and transportees,  (Marshal, inquisition command ) had their respective correct selections

transport_adepta_sororitas.lua / transport_inquisition

but the game was not seeing it.

I switched the transportees to another type that the transport had (it could transport 3 different types) and it worked for that.

I could not figure out why the original selections (transport_adepta_sororitas.lua / inquisition) failed and I switched back to them and they now could be transported.

What solved it ultimately was RE-SELECTING the original transporter type ( transport_adepta_sororitas.lua / transport_inquisition.lua)  from the dropdown list for the respective transportees!

---------------------------------

>>If you have set it to true for the space marines, then once embarked, they will enable the modifiers that follow. For one squad, the modifiers_squad_01, for two embarked squads the modifiers_squad_02, etc.<<

I think you mean THIS for the transported squad 
I wondered what the true/false thing meant now i know!

Also in following th rabbit trail I learned about the NR spots (and make a "clown car" if so inclined)

Marshal

Squad transportable_ext

Active_Transport_ability    false   [ probably nothing happens when embarked]
NR Spots 1
type_transportable\transport_adepta_sororitas.lua

Inquisition command squad

Squad transportable_ext

Active_Transport_ability    true  [THIS one is set for true, i have to investigate what happens]
NR Spots 1

type_transportable\transport_inquisition.lua

>>as it involves hardpoints.<<

Yes, a lot of secret stuff" hidden in hardpoints

Another question, brother,  Corsix Studio has capability of changing of LUA to RDG,  but i have never been able to get that function to work as it gives a pile of errors that i can only OK out of.
Is there a way of getting that to work as in browsing mods I'm seeing a lot of .LUAs that must have been left behind  before converted to RGD or are they just text dumps to better investigate issues but not deleted?

Again thank you very much for answering !

Edited by SteamRevora, 15 April 2023 - 05:26 PM.

#5 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 16 April 2023 - 01:54 PM

Very good progress brother, nice initiative.

Yes, a lot of secret stuff" hidden in hardpoints

All the weapons of an entity, as well as other ticks are implemented in hardpoints (like the visual changes of the wargear, etc).

But it is really quite straightforward to understand how they work.

Just one thing to remember: Once you get to the NEXT hardpoint, there is no turning back.

Say for example, you perform the research that gives commanders plasma pistols (upgrading their bolt pistols).

Regrettably, you cannot revert back to bolt pistols - there is no "negative" hardpoint modifier.

Another question, brother,  Corsix Studio has capability of changing of LUA to RDG,  but i have never been able to get that function to work as it gives a pile of errors that i can only OK out of.
Is there a way of getting that to work as in browsing mods I'm seeing a lot of .LUAs that must have been left behind  before converted to RGD or are they just text dumps to better investigate issues but not deleted?

Ah, I do not know this answer to this one.

I have never messed with the change - in fact when I need to perform multiple changes in Cosrisx, I resort to macros.

Brother Thudo may know the answer, or brothers Kasrkin84 or Fuggles.

-In search of Papasmurf...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users