• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FishSlayer242

FishSlayer242
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 01:50 AM

Greetings old souls,

I recently downloaded BFME 1 and love it to death. However, suddenly, midway through the good campaign, the command points (CP) allotted to Rohirrim of any kind went to 20, even though it states on the stables they are worth 15. The same issue with Gondor forces as well. Units were worth more than stated, so I lost valuble ranked units.

I was so puzzled I even started counting batallions and using a calculator. Confirmed - I slaughtered my whole army and then started from scratch in the same game and wallah...rohirrm cost 20 CP. Never had this happen in my years past of playing this game. Any advice to salvage my enjoyment would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

#2 Sire_Faramir

Sire_Faramir
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 05:25 PM

Hi

Have you played some  kind of  custom map with custom command points? Custom maps tend to do this kind of effects if you dont reboot the game after playing them. 

Also In old versions rohirrim were actuallly worth 20 cp. Maybe for some strange reason you have accidentally reverted to an older patch?

Edited by Sire_Faramir, 27 April 2023 - 06:03 PM.

#3 FishSlayer242

FishSlayer242
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 10:11 PM

Wow, never thought that this was the older version. It's bizzare because I started off with Rohirrim worth 15 CP and after Minas Tirith, it reverted to 20 command. Is there anyway to fix this? 

#4 FishSlayer242

FishSlayer242
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 10:12 PM

Sorry, forgot to mention, No, I haven't played any custom maps. Just the Hard campaign. 

#5 Sire_Faramir

Sire_Faramir
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 02:10 AM

i mean, this is just an hypotesis.

First: does the problem occour also in skirmish mode/other campaigns other than the current one? If it does you may have something wrong with the game files: either wrong patch/mod or corrupted installation. If it doesnt maybe is just the save file that got corrupted

Second what patch are you on? If you are here you  probably are on 1.06 (t3A standard patch) but maybe for some reason you updated/ reverted to older patch or installed mod?

Anyway if the problem remains after reboot and it appears in every game you probably need to reinstall at least the last patch

To be sure: while normal rohirrim should cost 15, Archer rohirrim cost 20. (but you probably knew cause you said "every kind of rohirrim", is just to be sure)

Also are you sure heroes doesnt mess up the count ?(some heroes are worth 5 CP)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users