#41 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 24 March 2005 - 11:39 AM

My Raven Transport, laden with NEXUS railgun infantry (Codename: EXECUTIONER) is counter-attacking a huge incoming Allied Legion force. Thankfully those Pulverizers are too caught up in their orders to bother shooting back, but a pesky Rocketeer somehow manages to knock the Raven down to very low health. Thank God it made it home before it was wasted, or that woulda been 10 infantry and a transport down the drain.

It wouldn't have mattered. The forces at my base staved this attack off, and then I used only half of my total forces (mostly Executioners) to eradicate all four Allied bases at the other side of the Heck Freezes Over map. The other half just stood at my base...including five Centurions, who only saw action when the enemy attacked.

Attached Thumbnails

• incomingallied.jpg

#42 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:42 PM

Behold. The NEXUS Core.

This building is essentially NEXUS' construction yard. However, it serves one other function...

Centurion Siege Crawlers, NEXUS' most powerful land-based unit, will be disabled if this building is destroyed, since NEXUS AI is needed to maintain their control banks.

But of course, if you are a NEXUS Subroutine (AKA: Commander), you might already know that little point :p

But for Commanders of the Allied Legion and Freedom League, the NEXUS Core is tougher than your Construction Yards. You didn't think NEXUS was gonna make it easy to shut its most powerful unit offline, did you? :)

Attached Thumbnails

• nexuscore.gif

#43 Natus

Natus

i maid a telescope with my smarties toob

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts
  • Projects:Ex mapper, GCII Fanatic and sound tech.
  •  "Go fudge yourself you smarmy overly-camp handsome barstard" - Neil Faz

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:01 PM

A NEXUS battle I had. It seems the map No Wimps gives the AI free reign to create havoc. Alot of fun.

Attached Thumbnails

• rs191.jpg

Natus 3.4

Corrupt program now requires constant reboots and does not function at all in majority of instances. Designed with a web browser component to replace AOL, it has exceeded our expectations by being more crashy and unreliable and with worse tech support. We didn't think it was physically possible! A general product recall is advised; when it does function it seems to require background processes Girl 0.1Beta to stave off further crashes. Will someone PLEASE remove that code, and insert Backbone 1.9 in its place? That's assuming we even bother to continue this prog.

#44 Natus

Natus

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:02 PM

Cont

Attached Thumbnails

• rs192.jpg

Natus 3.4

Corrupt program now requires constant reboots and does not function at all in majority of instances. Designed with a web browser component to replace AOL, it has exceeded our expectations by being more crashy and unreliable and with worse tech support. We didn't think it was physically possible! A general product recall is advised; when it does function it seems to require background processes Girl 0.1Beta to stave off further crashes. Will someone PLEASE remove that code, and insert Backbone 1.9 in its place? That's assuming we even bother to continue this prog.

#45 Natus

Natus

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:02 PM

Cont

Attached Thumbnails

• rs193.jpg

Natus 3.4

#46 Natus

Natus

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:04 PM

Cont

Attached Thumbnails

• rs196.jpg

Natus 3.4

#47 Natus

Natus

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:05 PM

Cont

Attached Thumbnails

• rs1910.jpg

Natus 3.4

#48 Natus

Natus

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:06 PM

Cont

Attached Thumbnails

• wow.jpg
  • HAHA.jpg

Natus 3.4

#49 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:21 PM

Nice screenies there mates! w00t!

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#50 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:39 PM

Very nice :) Also good scoreline :)

I guess you were playing orange...jesus, lightblue built a fuck of a base there! What happened to Red base? it's all strung out to hell.

And blue got h4xx0r3d :p Nicely done mate!

#51 Natus

Natus

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:46 PM

Red Base found out why I am one of the best remaining infantry commanders going lmfao. Dropped their power and airlifted troops in while a bunch of simple robot tanks ran a decoy on the eastern fringe and drew away their armour. By the time the tanks returned the CY and WFs were gone so I layed down the tanks with the airtransports on suppressing fire and finished the base with dual Volkovs lmfao
Natus 3.4

#52 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:52 PM

Ahhhh, dual volkovs.

Hooligan knows all about how nasty that can prove if they get into your base, don't you, Hool? :p

That was a long time ago, back when the imbalance was MASSIVE. I said, I bet I can beat u using only infantry.

And I did. Snuck them in with a 70-strong Eradicator force. Before he knew what'd happened half his base, including CY was missing in action.

Still, NEXUS infantry hold a huge advantage in that Raven transport...10 Executioners literally rule over anything on the floor.

#53 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:09 PM

Some more I just recently took (today in fact)

In one screenshot, you see one of the four NEXUS bases I took on. In the other, you see my naval bombardment of Purple Base ^_^

Attached Thumbnails

• NEXUSBase.jpg
  • SeaRaid.jpg

#54 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:11 PM

This is what purple looked like BEFORE I threw my carriers at it. Incidentally, I didn't lose any carriers to this base. I did lose a few gunboats though.

In the other shot, you see what my defence array looked like at the end of the battle. I also had a shitload of units around it (as you'll see later), but this defence wouldn't stop the AI attacks...I needed all those units there to make sure I was safe while i managed other areas of the battle.

Attached Thumbnails

• PurpleBase.jpg
  • MyDefenceGrid.jpg

#55 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:13 PM

Stormbringer once more proved effective. This and my own defence made my base totally impetrable to AI attacks. If only the AI had sense to send its hovering tanks over the water...if it had, I would have been officially SCREWED.

Attached Thumbnails

• Stormbringer.jpg

#56 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:15 PM

The next 2 pics show the main body of the attack force that creamed 3 out of the 4 AIs. Those Elite Decimators saw action at all three bases, and so they're elite. Pulvs provided the air support that Decims lack, and the fusion cannons...well, they owned too! ^_^

Attached Thumbnails

• DecimSquad.jpg
  • FusionBattery.jpg

#57 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:17 PM

Smells like....

Victory ^_^

Attached Thumbnails

• Victory.jpg
  • w00t.gif

#58 lee_newsum

lee_newsum
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 02:44 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by lee_newsum, 20 April 2005 - 02:45 AM.

#59 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 20 April 2005 - 12:40 PM

lol, nice kills man :p
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#60 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 08:19 AM

LMFAO with a defence grid like that, he couldn't lose! :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users