Photo

nice job/ideas

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lathow

lathow
  • New Members
  • 27 posts
  • Projects:Storys and conep art for game ideals.

Posted 08 July 2004 - 07:24 AM

omg Thats some of the coolest models and skins i've seen for a medieval mod!
^^ its me engi from the seige mod ^^ i love the spikes on the new catapult! Nice little touch there! i really like the castle! WAY more cooler then the skinny ones :S
u should make a castle where theres water around it, and a rounded base

|||
|||
|||
//\
///\
////\
/////\
//////\

that gose into the water ^^ so ladders would have to be droped and leaned over the water to get on the walls ^^ i donno how the ladders work for u guys so it may not work ;) and will engganeers be able to build seige weapons or do they spwan? maby a suggestion if enganeers, maby make a tree that can be choped down for a number limit, and u have to have a certian number of choped wood to build a seige weapon!? if they build them. what are your ideas for seige spwaning/building anyways? Also for horse's are you planning to have just lances, or multi choice with sword and board or others? ^^ very interested ^^
^^ ttul :lol: btw i like the bow too :D

Edited by lathow, 08 July 2004 - 07:26 AM.

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2004 - 02:03 PM

Neo3275:for some reason i cant register so

Yea the models and skins are finominal Keep it up ill enjoy playing this

#3 Stealthy

Stealthy

title available

• Hosted
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 03:26 PM

omg Thats some of the coolest models and skins i've seen for a medieval mod!
^^ its me engi from the seige mod ^^ i love the spikes on the new catapult! Nice little touch there! i really like the castle! WAY more cooler then the skinny ones :S
u should make a castle where theres water around it, and a rounded base

|||
|||
|||
//\
///\
////\
/////\
//////\

that gose into the water ^^ so ladders would have to be droped and leaned over the water to get on the walls ^^ i donno how the ladders work for u guys so it may not work ;) and will engganeers be able to build seige weapons or do they spwan? maby a suggestion if enganeers, maby make a tree that can be choped down for a number limit, and u have to have a certian number of choped wood to build a seige weapon!? if they build them. what are your ideas for seige spwaning/building anyways? Also for horse's are you planning to have just lances, or multi choice with sword and board or others? ^^ very interested ^^
^^ ttul :lol: btw i like the bow too :D

Well lets take this slow (Btw, i was also in siege mod for about a year. I dont think i remember you but you probably joined when i left)

About the Castle....We already have a moat being worked on that will Surround the castle and block off any intruders (If you fall into the water {Depending on what type of armor your wearing} you will start to sink and begin Drowning.

There is also a drawbridge that is connected to the moat and enables players to walk over to the other side. It blocks off intruders from coming in forcing them to destroy the gate. The team on the otherside who start in the castle can raise and lower it anytime they wish.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are Siege weapons in which spawn inside of the Siege Factory. But the Sapper (Engineer) can Deploy a unique siege weapon that he carries, or Pushes around {Depending on what army your playing as}

Siege weapons in DoC normally take about 3-5 people to control. But siege weapons deployed by the sapper only takes one person to use.

(Your idea about lumber will be complicated to code and im not even sure if its possible, but it would be a great feature to have seeing as how one of our buildings is called the lumber mill.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The horse will have several new animations. Each individual legs will move but in a natural rate, the head will bob, the back will also move naturally and we are going to try and have the hair sway in the wind (Prolly flag animation?).

Only specific classes are allowed to ride horses (Anyone can ride the supply vehicle). The General and Footman are the only classes capable of riding the horse while the Archer and Sapper are disallowed (English longbower on a horse would be ridiculus. And a sapper on a horse? the dagger has little range and he wouldnt be able to hit anything)

Your question on will players see there real weapons while on the horse instead of just a lance is yes. If you are a swordsman for the english you will see your warsword or Morning star. And if your a Frankish Footman you will see either your Bearded axe or Morning star. General classes are the only classes that carry a Lance.

Thx for your interest in DoC and keep coming back for more updates ;)

Edited by Stealthy, 08 July 2004 - 03:27 PM.

Posted Image

#4 lathow

lathow
  • New Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 09:59 PM

i really like the idea of muliplue persons haveing to push it aronud and deploy it very more real then 1 person pushing a massive seige tool to get over walls...that made me laugh so hard the 1st time i saw it. the ram was cool but i did'nt see the point in haveing 4 people to push it if only 1 guy was needed to make it move. Gate seige battles, i was wondering if any of u thought of those buckets u can poor down on ground infantry and seige weapons attacking the gate. maby useing that naplam the F1-phantom uses, it burns nice ^^.

horse's able to carry flags? interesting but i dont see the point yet. hair sway in the wind reminds me too much of...love books. hate thos. ;) maby dangalys like alittle chainmail that flaps around, and ropes that sway when the seige weapons move and attack. but hair.. :S ill worry about getting twigs, and bugs in it too much then fighting. they did'nt even have much shampoo back then did they?

I was wondering on the ball on chain weapon. will attacks be just a press of a botton? example: if i pressed a botton it would attack, but if i held it could it keep spinning around and around to do armor pearceing dammge? sort of like a dammge bar that increase's with certian weapons to do lighter and heaveryer attacks. a ball on chain weapon on a horse going as fast as he could spinning it around and around would be scary ^^ :lol:

on your castle part, not sure what u ment by the bridge. it will have a door to lower? and a inner door to raise? or just the draw bridge door?

^^ fun fun :D

#5 Stealthy

Stealthy

title available

• Hosted
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 10:31 PM

-For the Battering Rams, We are going to be having about 6-8 people pushing it. The more people push, the faster it will move (Thats the way it will be for all of the siege weapons). We also want to try making it so that all you have to do is slam the battering ram into the door and the door would take dmg. Rather then having one person attack and the others push.

-Yes, we will be having the Hot pot of Oil Feature (Wouldnt be medieval without it ;) ). The idea was stated on our last forum and i was thinking to myself (That would be sexual intercourse awsome to drop a bunch of hot oil on top of people trying to bust in to your castle). We wanna give defenders alot of things to work with making it harder for the attackers to get in. (Thrown Boulders, Mounted Crossbows, Oil Pots, Trebuchets, etc)

-What i ment by hair swaying is that the hair moves when riding the horse. Making the hair a solid object would be really stupid and unrealistic imo. We wanna try to produce a great feature with the horse, almost making it look and feel alive, as if its an actual human player (Of course you would control it). I think sieges horse model looks pretty good but it was horribly done (Coding and Animation wise). I dont blame them though. That was before the sdk was released so they really didnt have much to work with.

-No, the only thing that the horse will co-encide with are the player weapons (Lances, Swords, Axes, Shields, Maces, Flails, Morning stars, etc) The flag will not be considerd a weapon seeing as how it is only used to heal and replenish ammunition.

-Well i like your idea about the Flail spinning around repeatedly, although it would be really cheap in battle. So the physics on that will work likes this: Left click: Attack; (HOLDING)Right click: Flail spins but no dmg, is seen to taunt the player. The maces and Morning stars will act the same way.

-There will be a collaboration of all of those types of gates.

Hope this answered most of your questions
Posted Image

#6 lathow

lathow
  • New Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:02 PM

o it dose thanks ;) taunting sounds fun too :lol: Btw nice job moongoose! i like the hut :D i know imm gonna be a theif and there gonna like like..o a hut to hide in! *lathy jumps out* BLAH! *noobie dies* HAHahahaha. ^^

#7 Stealthy

Stealthy

title available

• Hosted
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:52 PM

lol nice, especially now that we are implementing assassins ingame ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users