American Anti-Infantry Defence ?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Hornet

Hornet
  • New Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:57 PM

Are there going to be any new anti infantry measure like machine gune post of any thing as the patriot is very lame against infantry?

#2 ComradeJ

ComradeJ

Comrade Jamgee

• Project Team
  • 2,067 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert: ReGeneration

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:11 PM

The Fire Base covers that =/
You cannot compare pissing to thinking
- SoulReaver

#3 Hornet

Hornet
  • New Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:14 PM

O yeah true o well. Any way looked in the tech tree on the main site and saw the usa laser turret it says its underground or something does that mean it will pop up out of the ground like the same sites did on the playstation or was it the pc on the first cnc? Will look cool if it does :dry:

#4 Lt.Zack

Lt.Zack

title available

• Hosted
  • 384 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 09:31 PM

that defense has been dropped....I would like to have a new defense for USA but a laser turret is in use by Gen. Towns so it has to be something other than a bunker (fire base) or a EMP something as SupW gen has that...GLA was going to get a hydra defense thing but a new model is needed the one now is not good enough

#5 Marcjs

Marcjs

Lord Of Change

• Project Team
  • 569 posts
  • Projects:Only War

Posted 13 July 2004 - 10:52 PM

good old fasion pillbox could do
or a m21 sandbag implacement

Edited by Marcjs, 13 July 2004 - 10:53 PM.

Men who do nothing but dream should just stay in their dreams forever !!!!
Be Afraid Rodger Smith this dream isnt going to end till i bring your life to a end !!

YE GUILTY

#6 Slayer

Slayer
  • New Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 12:13 AM

We have sort of a pilebox to the GLA, stelth bunker to be exact.

#7 Paladin327

Paladin327
  • New Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 01:01 AM

How about something like a sntry drone gun that has a faster rate of fire on an armoured bunker of emplacement (like the barrel is out of the bunkerand it rotates so much

#8 coolfile

coolfile
  • Hosted
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 01:16 AM

a guard tower with spotlight and machine gun
Do you know Chinese Kung-Fu?

#9 Lt.Zack

Lt.Zack

title available

• Hosted
  • 384 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 05:04 AM

I like the sentry drone idea small defenses with a machine gun, I like...now anyone want to make the model ?

#10 Marcjs

Marcjs

Lord Of Change

• Project Team
  • 569 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 09:23 AM

heres a idea though its would be hard to do coding wise the patiorts get a upgrade which puts a large microwave dish on it like the one on the chinese ecm tank when a enemy man comes into range it fires a conctrated beam of microwave raditon at his head which frys his brain makes him go crazy and attack his team mates and u of course but it attacks the nearist enemy to him and his health goes down with time after i while it kills him or her
Be Afraid Rodger Smith this dream isnt going to end till i bring your life to a end !!

YE GUILTY

#11 Lt.Zack

Lt.Zack

title available

• Hosted
  • 384 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 11:00 PM

lmao now that is something I know we cant do, lol

#12 Marcjs

Marcjs

Lord Of Change

• Project Team
  • 569 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 08:30 AM

shame it would be well cool
though nothing is impossible if u put ur mind to it
u could make it so that if any men that are hit by the weapon automatly surrender and slowly die to prevent u getting a army of black lotus's

Edited by Marcjs, 15 July 2004 - 08:59 AM.

YE GUILTY

#13 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 15 July 2004 - 09:03 AM

Its possible if you put a preffered against line in the patriot, a special deathtype for the weapon and make a new variation of infantry unit for every infantry unit.. That variation unit will spawn when it is hit by the special deathtype, it has a fireweapon update so it kills stuff around it, a WanderAIUpdate and a lifetime update. That would work, but it's probably not really worth the effort of having to make a variation of every infantry unit.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#14 Marcjs

Marcjs

Lord Of Change

• Project Team
  • 569 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 09:05 AM

on the reborn mod there was a special power for the progandder center which allowed u to take over the unit using shear shock couldnt u just edit that into a weapon type and make it a upgrade for the patiort or some other building

Edited by Marcjs, 15 July 2004 - 10:24 AM.

YE GUILTY

#15 Marcjs

Marcjs

Lord Of Change

• Project Team
  • 569 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 10:46 AM

got a easyer idea why not a upgrade which reduces the scatter for the patiot missle defence against infantry this makes it much more effective against infantry

Edited by Marcjs, 15 July 2004 - 10:47 AM.

YE GUILTY

#16 Lt.Zack

Lt.Zack

title available

• Hosted
  • 384 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 01:12 PM

that take over a unit thing in reborn is the defector logic which is still in the game, you know yuri mind control stuff....I dont plan to ever use defector logic at all in the mod so that is dead....

#17 Marcjs

Marcjs

Lord Of Change

• Project Team
  • 569 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:24 PM

bit negative there oh i think u need more modelers

YE GUILTY

#18 Lt.Zack

Lt.Zack

title available

• Hosted
  • 384 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:41 PM

:p just saying that I dont plan on ever using defector (really doesnt fit)

#19 Paladin327

Paladin327
  • New Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:45 PM

Got a new 1 here, 2 sentry drone guns with the rate of fire in the reborn mod, next 2 each other, with 2 tow missile packs (like the mammoth from renegade) on each side, and 1 TOW launcher on top with a rotating turret. the guns pivot so they can attack aircraft, but to a limited effect. this will be basically a cheap turret 2 stop stupid early rushes of HUMMVEES and infantry, it wont stop everythin, but it will slow down an attack long enough to get help there, but in bulk, they could kick some ass!

#20 Hornet

Hornet
  • New Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:27 PM

I dont like mind control stuff it made yuri'es revernge suck it was too easy as yuri all you did was take over your opponents army instead of defeating it. How about somthing like a neutron cannon or if u made it big it could be a kindda super weapon.

:p How about a multi morter cannon that has like 5 barrels fires them up and has a slight scatter area so its effective on infanty and make it some against them??

What you think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users