13 replies to this topic

#1 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 21 November 2003 - 04:12 PM

I just watched the plane take off from Teeside Airport (could see it from my house), and was wondering what you all think of this.

I think it's ridiculous, it's cost millions, has used up thousands of Policemen and women and the poor people who live on the roads that Mr Bush was going to drive down have had to park their cars miles away and walk home. The Americans don't seem to have to do this when Tony goes over there, so what's the deal?

#2 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 21 November 2003 - 04:34 PM

America does many of the same things, but they don't seem to get the same amount of press coverage. We haven't really had a large state visit since after 9-11, so it hasn't been noticed that much. Security in DC is very tight, and it just doesn't appear to be, since they don't want to disrupt things too much.
:)
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#3 MuDsHoVeLeR

MuDsHoVeLeR

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 11:40 PM

yes, trust me. security in dc is tight. i live about 30 minutes away, we've got hummer's with .50 cal machine guns atop them as well as personnel fired anti air missles surrounding the pentagon, you can't even put your car on a number of streets without proper ID, etc. etc.

#4 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 22 November 2003 - 12:33 AM

If he had not attacked Iraq then no one would care about all the resources used for his visit... but he did, and how he is the human enbodyment of war. Such a creature will never be welcome.

#5 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 12:37 AM

I don't know if I'd call him the human embodyment of war, but I don't feel like debating it. He's a good leader, and he had the interests of the Iraqi people in mind when he did it.
:)
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

#6 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 22 November 2003 - 01:32 PM

If you look over the world there are some big people.

John Paul is the embodiment of religion.
Bush is the embodiment of war.
Madona is the embodiment of music.
Bond is the embodiment of movies.
Kofi Annan is the embodiment of sense.

Bush declared war on Afghanistan and Iraq. No one else alive is causing more war than him. Kind of makes sense that he's the embodiment of war.

#7 Agile

Agile

title available

• Project Team
  • 944 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 01:43 PM

No one else alive is causing more war than him

not Osama Bin Laden or any other terrorist leaders of course :rolo:
Posted Image

#8 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 06:24 PM

There is a reason for the war on terror, and that's to make the ENTIRE world safer. This isn't just about the US, this is about destroying terrorists and threats to world peace and stability.
^_^
Posted Image

#9 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 22 November 2003 - 07:16 PM

Osama Bin Laden is the embodiment of Terror.
There are plenty of covert ops people who could have been used, no need to rip up a whole country.

World peace can not be achived by winning a war.
Look at Japan. Once thay could no longer spend there money on war thay had alot of funds for schools, hospitals and such.
Here, Britain is spending loads of money on war while my little bro has no Science teacher in his school and theres no fire fighters for 30 miles.

#10 Agile

Agile

title available

• Project Team
  • 944 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 07:47 PM

thats rough. I go to an inner city high school and theres overcrowding but every one has a teacher.

And I don't think a few covert ops guys would do the trick. If Saddamm died, one of his crazy sons or some other nutjob would take over. The place needs a real government
Posted Image

#11 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 08:13 PM

I think that the removal of Saddam was enough to launch this war. We removed a major threat to world stability, and eventually the country will settle down under the new democratic government. Things will get better they are just going to be worse for a time. Sometimes things need to be worse for them to get better.

My view on this whole thing, in a nutshell.
^_^
Posted Image

#12 MuDsHoVeLeR

MuDsHoVeLeR

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 09:47 PM

No one else alive is causing more war than him

True if you exclude, say, the entire continent of Africa.

And if your government is spending THAT much money on war (that they can't fund a fire department) they seriously need to rethink some of their policies...

#13 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 22 November 2003 - 09:48 PM

We don't have any of the problems that Detail mentioned around here.
We have enough teachers and the nearest fully manned fire station is about a mile away.

#14 genobreaker

genobreaker

Infantry General

• Hosted
  • 1,223 posts
  • Projects:Yuri's Revenge: Zero Hour
  •  Revorian Loyalist - 10th

Posted 23 November 2003 - 06:37 AM

8 hour State Visit Costs a Million
Become the Ultimate General - Mod Demo is Available!
Posted Image
Prepare your weapons technology against the worlds most powerful generals.
FREEDOM STUDIOS: http://www.freedomstudios.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users