Just an idea

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pink Maggit

Pink Maggit
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 04:35 AM

Ok, this mod is gonna kick ass! BF:V was a realative flop compared to 1942 but all the potential is there and the modders are gonna save it. And this Mod is on the top of my list to watch. Having said that I had an idea:

I just glanced through a thread below that talked about implimenting NPC's for effect (i.e villagers, chickens etc.) and that made me think, that would be a really cool idea for a map or even a game mode. Pillage (spelling?) basically you have a town all walled in and stuff and then you have one side guarding it and the other team trying to kill the villagers and steal gold and stuff. It could be done I guess like an objective map (DC Weapon Bunkers, Battle of Britain etc from DC/1942). The defending teams tickets would go down every time a villager was killed or a treasure chest of gold was stolen while the attacking sides tickets would be bleeding the whole time but get a boost from killing a villager/stealing valuables. I'm not sure if that kind of ticket bleed would be possible but I think the general idea of this mode of play would be pretty cool. Maybe that's just me.

Anyway keep up the good work guys and don't quit, I'm looking forward to this mod too much (as are a lot of people I'm sure) to see it die.

Oh, and I'm sorry if something like this was posted already possibly in that other thread, I'm not sure I only glanced through it

Edited by Pink Maggit, 21 July 2004 - 04:36 AM.

#2 Stealthy

Stealthy

title available

• Hosted
  • 261 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 04:55 AM

well we appreciate your dedication to the mod. Your ideas have been stated before but your the first to mention anything about stealing i believe. Although your description falls into siege, we will definatly have peasants walking around in towns, castles, and villages. As well as Chickens, Dogs, or Cats. I also want the horse to feel alive (The actuall horse vehicle). SO when not in use, you will see it shake its head a few times, move its legs a bit when its in the stables, mabey have it stand on its hind legs for a few seconds and mabey have you make some noises, like sneezing or crying. Well, we have a pretty big update comeing soon so keep your eyes peeled. Its always nice to see another person interested in our mod :p
Posted Image

#3 Pink Maggit

Pink Maggit
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:00 AM

Yeah, really glad to see an original mod. I play BF with a fairly large clan and the ones that have seen my post about this mod on the clan forum seem to think it looks pretty awesome too.

Really hope everything goes as planned.

Edited by Pink Maggit, 21 July 2004 - 05:01 AM.

#4 Gatecrasher

Gatecrasher
  • New Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:14 PM

Simlpy by adding chickens: automatically the greatest mod ever.

#5 Stealthy

Stealthy

title available

• Hosted
  • 261 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 03:46 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users