#1 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 30 July 2004 - 03:20 AM

I'm sure you are anxiously awaiting the release of Defcon. For you I've got some good news and some bad news. The good news is the beta is going very well, and the AI is performing nicely. The bad news is I still don't have a firm release date. The AI is approximately 2/3 done, which is the last major obstacle to release. I'll have some new media available in the near future which will showcase the different units, and provide some hints at gameplay features. Also a note, I'll be looking for staff in the very near future to begin work on the second release of Defcon.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#2 Guest_Unknown_*

Guest_Unknown_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2004 - 07:49 PM

Are you going to make an AI that is going to play better than the original GEN/ZH AI? If not, maybe you can release just the mod first and then later release the mod with the AI.

#3 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 10 August 2004 - 04:12 PM

The AI should be better than the Gen/ZH AI. It is now done, I've just been bogged down with RL issues to try and get a final version ready for beta testing and release. Hopefully I can do that by about Friday of this week.
;)
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users