Suggestion Thread from PII

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Gatecrasher

Gatecrasher
  • New Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 05:15 PM

Howdy howdy howdy, I've been polling the lads on the Phaze 2 forums asking them what they would like to see, etc. and I've got a thread for ya.

-Boiling oil to pour on people (not sure about the physics of this one)
-"crazy scottish guys with big swords"
-night maps that make use of flaming arrows and artillery (ala Timeline)
-secret passages into some castles as its hard to lay siege to a place if you've only got 5 guys on your team (small get-together servers)
-arrows that have big bullet-drop
-drawbridges
-TaNk demands a "Conan the Barbarian" class while I myself have always been a bigger fan of Kull the Conqueror
-instead of health boxes that you stand next to to get healed, for Christians it could be a Cross, Muslims it could be that crescent moon thing, and Vikings a sort of Pagan shrine, possibly of a hammer? I'm not familiar with Norse worship.
-Christian Crusader Knights such as the Templars, Hospitallers, Teutonic Knights, and Knights of Santiago (pics can be provided if necessary)
-Some sort of use for chickens/cows/barnyard animals (possibly for throwing like in Quest for the Holy Grail
-A "Trojan Bunny Rabbit"

#2 Combat Shotgun

Combat Shotgun
  • New Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 05:25 PM

boiling oil - going to be in game
scottish (celts) and claymores will be in a later release of the game
night maps - awesome idea
secret passages - awesome idea
arrows with drop - going to be in game (archer will prolly be the hardest class to use because were going for realism, so youll be able to look up at a 45 degree angle and get a crazy arc on you arrow and have it come down on the unforntunate victim ^_^ )
drawbridges - going to be in game
-in placement of health boxes we will be using farms to heal troops
-we do intend on having NPC villagers as well as animals (especialyl chickens)
-knights may be considered for a later relase (we will have rideable horses in our first release)
- no conan class or trojan rabbit.. sorry :p

#3 Stealthy

Stealthy

title available

• Hosted
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 09:06 PM

about the norseman religion. Im not too sure what they believed in but i heard rumors of them being orthidox :p

Pagan was more of an Asian religion

And we have a night map coming in our first release (But that still lies secret to the public ^_^ )
Posted Image

#4 Combat Shotgun

Combat Shotgun
  • New Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:55 AM

wow i totally forgot about that.. yes , yes we do have a night map :grin:

#5 Gatecrasher

Gatecrasher
  • New Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 05:09 AM

One more suggestion - Perhaps a special kit that makes you look like the Black Knight from Quest For the Holy Grail, maybe even a "None shall pass!" soundbyte.

If you need testers, both myself and the entirety of the PII clan would be glad to help.

#6 Stealthy

Stealthy

title available

• Hosted
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 05:11 AM

well if we were making a Everquest mod we would add that. But seeing as this mod is going for realism, well you know the answer :grin:
Posted Image

#7 Combat Shotgun

Combat Shotgun
  • New Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 10:32 AM

a mini mod :grin:

#8 Stealthy

Stealthy

title available

• Hosted
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 12:37 PM

well once we release, the fans can do that. But DoC is based on 100% historrical Accuracy and Realism. :grin:
Posted Image

#9 hl_hunley

hl_hunley
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 01:53 PM

about the norseman religion.  Im not too sure what they believed in but i heard rumors of them being orthidox  ^_^

Pagan was more of an Asian religion

And we have a night map coming in our first release (But that still lies secret to the public  :sad: )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm from sweden so I know quite a bit about the Norse... They believed in the Aesir Gods (Thor, Loke, Odin, etc..) Odin was the god of wisdom and was the mightiest of the Aesir Gods, Thor was the god of thunder (he was the one with the hammer Mjolnir), but the Norse also believed strongly in courage in war and they had (like the Greeks) a mythology of there own with dragons, demon-like warriors and different monstrous stuff.. :)
Later on though, they gradually converted to Christianity (which most scandinavians still call themselves, although not many are deep believers who pray and such..). With Christianity I mean we are Protenstants. I think less than one percent of the Scandinavians are orthidox.. :grin:

btw, keep the ideas flowing guys!

Edited by hl_hunley, 02 August 2004 - 01:55 PM.

#10 Stealthy

Stealthy

title available

• Hosted
  • 261 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 03:07 PM

ya i really never knew about the religion of the norse. Thx for clarifying that though :grin:
Posted Image

#11 Anti

Anti
  • New Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 03:19 PM

Rofl, i want a trojan bunny and the black knight. And we could have like a servant class, that carrries coconuts. And a three headed warrior. And a deadly rabbit. And knights that say knee whenever you pass.

#12 Stealthy

Stealthy

title available

• Hosted
  • 261 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 03:22 PM

:grin:
Posted Image

#13 Anti

Anti
  • New Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 06:26 PM

I watched monty python and the holy grail last night.

#14 DoNtShOOtMe

DoNtShOOtMe
  • New Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:46 PM

I watched monty python and the holy grail last night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh you did, did you? Well your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of eldenberries!

#15 Anti

Anti
  • New Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:19 PM

Oh you bastard!
lol
um...
Well...
Damn, I can't think of a comeback tot the truth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users