• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Cammy

Cammy
  • Hosted
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 10:51 PM

I got a serious Problem.... :(

I wanted to make a Fade to White Screen when hitting the Enemy with the Nuke, i searched many Times, tried a few Things and finally talked with DeeZire to help me out, i got a Script Code from him, but it isn't working... nothing happens when i drop the Nuke, i put it into the correct Folder, that's not the Problem... look here

"Nuke White Flash AI C C C"

-Script Flags-
Is Active

***IF***
Player Player <'This Player'> completed using Special Power 'SuperweaponNeutronMissile'

-Actions if true-
Fade (0-1) from 0.00 to 1.00 adding toward white. Take 10 Frames to increase, hold for 4 Frames, and decrease 10 Frames.

What else should i do? :( I really want this get to work!

#2 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 11 August 2004 - 10:58 PM

In which folder is it in? PlyrCivilian? That's where it should be in. I've done the same thing once, with the identical script EXCEPT that I've put

Player Player <Local Player> completed using Special Power 'SuperweaponNeutronMissile'

instead of This Player
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#3 Cammy

Cammy
  • Hosted
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 11:23 PM

I got this from DeeZire and he has it in China Nuke Gen, there is what i put it in, but it still don't work :( Because i found the same Script in it's Pro:Gen Mod for ZH.

#4 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:48 AM

Hmm DZ always does arcane WB things :rolleyes:

I suggest you try it the other way: (I should really make a tutorial or download about this now that I think of it..)

1. Place the "fade to white" script in the PlyrCivilian folder

2. Make sure that it refers to the <Local Player> instead of <This Player>. If you put <This Player> and the script is in the PlyrCivilian folder.. guess what happens, if the civs would fire a nuke they'd get the flash..

One of the few ways to affect the human player is <Local Player>. :p

-ComradeJ

#5 Cammy

Cammy
  • Hosted
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:19 PM

Okay...

I'll trust you... ;) If it doesn't work now either I'll be back and punish you :p :rolleyes: Hehe Thx anyway ;)) I'll try it right now :)

Still... Nothing happens :( I did it in the PlyrCiv Folder as you said and tried to launch the Nuke In-Game, puff... nothing happened, absolutely nothing, this is really frustrating... and i did delete the tmp_Chunk File too...

Edited by Cammy, 12 August 2004 - 08:28 PM.

#6 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 07:53 PM

Hmm are you sure that you have used the correct special power? See if you can find a difference between the attached script and the one you've got (import it into your regular .scb, it should go into the neutral folder, it would function in the PlyrCivilian folder though.

Attached Files

Edited by Mithril, 13 August 2004 - 07:54 PM.

-ComradeJ

#7 Cammy

Cammy
  • Hosted
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:01 PM

Sure i did, for Testing Conditions i used it with a few more Specialpowers to see it would work there, but it still doesn't :( I will try the One from you now, and then i hope it will work perfectly....

Btw, i encountered serious Problems with the Performance of the Gameplay since i enabled the missing Upgrade Scripts and Specialpowers for all the Faction, what can i do? Will it help if i increase the Frame-Check of them? The Game always starts to lame after a few Minutes of Playing... this really sucks, cause i can't play against 3 Hard Enemys at once without getting Performance Probs after a while... and i thought it can only be because of the Scripts.... anything else can't be the Prob!

#8 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 09:09 AM

Check your scripts with the Script Debugger to see which scripts are causing the lag. It'll lag even more in debug mode, but it enables you to see the scripts that have advanced to the Actions if true tab.

If you can find out what the problem is.. please report :laugh:

-ComradeJ

#9 Cammy

Cammy
  • Hosted
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 11:31 AM

I tried the Script Debug, but as i started ZH, nothing happened... i thought there would be some Window or something like that, but.... nothing again... :(

#10 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 10:11 PM

Hmm just to check off these things,

a) have you copied the file to the main game directory?

b) have you attached "-scriptdebug-" to the shortcut?

I've read in the official WB manual that the script debugger does not work on all machines. No reason was given. Hmm at the present state I suggest you see if the above applies and try the thing on a different map. Not much to do to hold onto without the script debugger..

-ComradeJ

#11 Cammy

Cammy
  • Hosted
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 02:20 AM

I've read in the official WB manual that the script debugger does not work on all machines

This will be my Problem i think :( I did everything right, Particle Edit works fine too, but Scriptdebug doesn't...
Could you check my Script-File for me?

#12 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 09:05 AM

Your .scb? Sure.. attach it here, if its too large mail it to mithril42[at]hotmail[dot]com

-ComradeJ

#13 Cammy

Cammy
  • Hosted
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 11:46 AM

Many Thx :p Cause it's really frustrating having a CPU which is double of the Power ZH needs and you play with that Hell of a Lag... :(
I send it to ya, it's too big to attach :)

EDIT: Couldn't send, Mail Delivery Failure....

Edited by Cammy, 15 August 2004 - 12:17 PM.

#14 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 07:07 PM

Hmm very stupid question: did you replace [at] with @ and [dot] with .

..okay it is a VERY stupid question, just joking :p

Ahm..well let me see..the regular ZH .scb is around 2MB in size. The forums should allow you to attach about 400k if I am not mistaken. If you zip the .scb will it be smaller than that?

EDIT: Uhm.. I've received an email now, with your skirmishscripts.. Thus all of the above is not neccessary :)

Edited by Mithril, 15 August 2004 - 07:25 PM.

-ComradeJ

#15 Cammy

Cammy
  • Hosted
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 08:26 PM

I hope you can find the Error, because without I'm starting to get crazy :p Okay.. don't laugh, this is not funny :) :D

#16 Akkrand

Akkrand
  • New Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 11:04 PM

With regards to the script debugger not working;
I found that the debugger never worked for me, I created a shortcut, added '-scriptdebug' to the shorcut, nothing!
But something that I don't believe I ever saw anybody say - although it said in the Worldbuilder manual - is to add "-win -scriptdebug" to the command line. Then the game runs windowed, and the debug window dialog pops up.
Could just be me, could be my OS (XP Pro); maybe it doesn't like opening dialog windows in fullscreen applications... I dunno. Just a thought, give it a try.

Cheers,
Lord Akkrand

#17 Cammy

Cammy
  • Hosted
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 12:44 AM

I have XP Pro too as well, i hope it will work with the Win Tag :D But i don't understand why the Particle Edit Command is working, it runs ZH in a Window and you got everything you need... really confusing... :)

Thx a lot, it works now :p But I'm just confused with it :p

Edited by Cammy, 16 August 2004 - 01:07 AM.

#18 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 09:06 AM

*hits his head so hard he falls down unconscious* Damn! I forgot to say that lol..

Thanks for finding this out, too, Akkrand :p

@Cammy, I'll look at your scripts as soon as I posess the time - as I understand it I should look out for performance issues and try to get the white nuke flash to work..

Edited by Mithril, 16 August 2004 - 09:06 AM.

-ComradeJ

#19 Cammy

Cammy
  • Hosted
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 02:31 PM

Yes, you got that right :p
Maybe you can find something that causes this massive Lag :(

#20 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 06:11 PM

Right I've had a glance through your scripts - there are no phenomenas that I call stray scripts - they appear to be pretty robust.

An interesting thing is that you simply told the GLA to build a demotrap near a tech building - I tried to get the AI to build structures dynamically at places but ALWAYS failed - once I get more time I'll analyze this further :p

Haven't been able to see if the white flash works yet as I've been going through it with the script debugger, takes a long time, when the AI finally built a nuke and the timer was at 0:06, their power was cut off and they never built more power :)

I'll have another look at it soon, in the meantime you can try and see if it lags with the original ZH AI too..

-ComradeJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users