Fade to White Script....

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Cammy

Cammy
  • Hosted
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 06:24 PM

An interesting thing is that you simply told the GLA to build a demotrap near a tech building

I never did this :p This is what they do since i got ZH from the Beginning, i never changed anything a Faction should build, except for the ICBM and the M1A2 :) Nothing else is changed in that kind of scripts...

#22 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 16 August 2004 - 07:17 PM

Hmph?! Damn I must have been blind as hell..

Interesting, the more I delve into the scripting engine, the more things are being revealed.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#23 Cammy

Cammy
  • Hosted
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 08:56 PM

hehe :) Could you find what's causing my Lag so far? I experienced something today, i just switched off the Dynamic Detail Setting and it was not that much lagging anymore. But with my 2.145Mhz AMD and the GeForce FX 5.600 (256MB RAM) and CPU RAM of 768 it should run smooth in ANY Setting.... :p

#24 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:28 AM

Okay right I've found the solution. You have to place the script in the PlyrCivilian folder, AND in every other player's folder.

The scripts in the skirmish player folders should not refer to the Local Player, but to This Player.

To clarify, put this script into the PlyrCivilian:

Script Name : Nuke White Flash
Script flags\evaluation: Active, every frame

***IF***
Player <Local Player> has completed using Special Power 'SuperweaponNeutronMissile'
*OR*
Player <Local Player> has completed using Special Power 'Nuke_SuperweaponNeutronMissile'

***THEN***
Fade (0-1) from 0.00 to 1.00 adding toward white. Take 10 frames to increase, hold for 4 fames, and decrease 10 frames.

Put the following script into EVERY skirmish player folder:

Script Name : Nuke White Flash
Script flags\evaluation: Active, every frame

***IF***
Player <This Player> has completed using Special Power 'SuperweaponNeutronMissile'
*OR*
Player <This Player> has completed using Special Power 'Nuke_SuperweaponNeutronMissile'

***THEN***
Fade (0-1) from 0.00 to 1.00 adding toward white. Take 10 frames to increase, hold for 4 fames, and decrease 10 frames.

You will note that the difference between these two is only that the latter one refers to This Player. We need to put this into EVERY player's folder in case the faction captures the nuke at some point. The nuke general has a special nuke special power.

Interestingly enough, <Local Player> refers to the human player only as it seems. Didn't know this. Quite interesting..............

(cammy, I've seen you wanted to make the white flash for the meteor strike. For this to work with these scripts, your meteor projectile(s) need to have a SpecialPowerCompletionDie module as it signals the game when this special power has been fired, the script catches this and voila! you have a white flash)

I'll try to find out what causes the lag yet. BTW are you sure that these are the original scripts.. they seem so much harder! Its probably my decreasing ZH playing talents though.

Edited by Mithril, 17 August 2004 - 11:28 AM.

-ComradeJ

#25 Cammy

Cammy
  • Hosted
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 01:31 PM

It's working now :) Thx a lot for the Support :) Something else... as you have seen, i wanted to use this Script for my Meteor Strike, but this One is for Russia and i didn't create any Scripts for them yet and it's also a Gen-Power (so any other Faction can't get it) do i need to make them first before i can enable the Flash for it? Or am i able to just use the Nuke Flash Script in any folder refering to the Meteor Strike? Because i added the SuperweaponDie Module Tag already to the Meteor Projectiles but this seems not to be the last Thing i have to modify :ninja:

#26 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 04:34 PM

Depends on what you refer to. If you put the white flash script into..SkirmishAmerica for example, and refer to <This Player>, it will only work for the american AI opponent. If you put it into any folder (except neutral) and refer to <Local Player>, it will only work for the human player. Thus you should combine both by putting your meteor strike white flash script into your SkirmishRussia (assumed name) and referring to This Player, then put another one of those into the PlyrCivilian and refer to Local Player.

It's simple. And complicated. So: Simply complicated :ninja:

-ComradeJ

#27 Cammy

Cammy
  • Hosted
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:15 PM

Ah, okay :) Thx again. Hmmm.... One more Thing, you know the in WB the Button "AddSkirmishPlayers", right? :ninja: So, how do i get WB to insert Russia too, just creating the "RussiaSkirmish" Scriptfolder or what do i have to do?

#28 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 05:09 PM

There is a tut about this in case you want to look at it.

Yes, basically, just add it in there, call it SkirmishRussia. You will have to modify each map to get this to work - unless you want to replace another player.

Edited by Mithril, 19 August 2004 - 05:09 PM.

-ComradeJ

#29 Cammy

Cammy
  • Hosted
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 12:26 AM

WTF? :) Are you kidding me? :p EVERY MAP? Holy S*it....No.... :sad: I see a lotta Work comin' my Way... :) Btw, do i getting Trouble if i start scripting Russia now? Because I'm not complete finished with them yet, but i can set almost anything, only SW is missing, i can re-enter all this to the Scripts then, right?

#30 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 09:21 AM

Rule of thumb:

+If you want to script an AI for a faction that has been added in the PlayerTemplate.ini by the means of INI coding, you will have to edit every map for it to work+

You will not get into trouble if you start scripting the basic stuff - I advise not advancing into the brutal difficulty unless everything that could affect it (most of the coding and balancing, skins and artistic stuff doesn't matter most of the time) is complete or nearing completion, or if you know exactly what you will do with it later on.

Edited by Mithril, 20 August 2004 - 09:22 AM.

-ComradeJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users