• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Stealthy

Stealthy

title available

• Hosted
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 04:53 AM

hey guys, just wanted to show you the concept art of a Ghost unit for my other mod: Galactic Defense

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Guest_Shifty_*

Guest_Shifty_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2004 - 05:45 AM

youre working on two mods?????? :rolleyes:

#3 Guest_Guest_MetriodSun_*_*

Guest_Guest_MetriodSun_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2004 - 06:12 AM

Cool, m8

#4 darknes53

darknes53
  • New Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 10:17 AM

Cool.
Looks sort of tron-ish. I like it...

#5 Guest_shifty_*

Guest_shifty_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2004 - 10:56 AM

is this sortof like an I Robot mod

#6 Gatecrasher

Gatecrasher
  • New Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 04:37 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or StarCraft.... :laugh:

#7 Stealthy

Stealthy

title available

• Hosted
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 05:16 PM

Heres the fixed version: Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2004 - 06:39 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or StarCraft.... :laugh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dude... wtf? I made the fixed one, last night and gave it to Neo

#9 Stealthy

Stealthy

title available

• Hosted
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 07:25 PM

which one???

Edited by Stealthy, 13 August 2004 - 07:33 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Godwin

Godwin

title available

• Hosted
  • 491 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 07:49 AM

have you ever read the starcraft manual as to what ghosts are? im sure of one thing, they do not wear baggy pants
Posted Image

#11 Stealthy

Stealthy

title available

• Hosted
  • 261 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 01:38 PM

They do now :p. The point of concept art is so that modelers know what they look like so they can do there magic. There are plenty of ghost concepts that blizzard has, reason we're changing them a bit is so GD doesnt get sued. And they want to use there own personal taste. Plus, this ghost looks a hell of alot cooler then the original
Posted Image

#12 DMX

DMX
  • New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 08:16 AM

Posted Image

NICE

#13 Guest_shifty_*

Guest_shifty_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2004 - 12:19 PM

what is a ghost :p

#14 Gatecrasher

Gatecrasher
  • New Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 02:12 PM

what is a ghost  :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I like the Firebat the most. :)

#15 Paranoid

Paranoid

title available

• New Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 08:56 PM

firebat is black... but yeah, whatever... eh, they're pretty good i suppose, more than what alot of people around here can do (not trying to offend anyone) And yeah, personally, the ghost looks really bad with baggy pants in comparison to what i think it'd look like, cuz ghosts are special ops guys, they have to be sneaky, baggy pants rustling against each other wont help much, i can see it now, your sneaking into the enemy base to set a nuke beacon (what ghosts are used for mostly in starcraft) your setting up behind a big building , you hear guards walking by, so you freeze, but as u do this, your pants rustly together, they hear, then next thing you know, your eating lead... YAY! wasnt my story fantastic? but yeah, seriously, i dont recomend baggy pants when trying to sneak into a military facility....

Edit: and what the hell is up with glowing green things for spies and the like nowadays? it really looked gay in, for example, splinter cell, you have glowy lights on u, ur hiding in the shadows, sum1 walks rite by u, nearly touching u, "oh, its probably just the wind" i mean, what the hell... lol

Edited by Paranoid, 16 August 2004 - 08:58 PM.

#16 Stealthy

Stealthy

title available

• Hosted
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 09:59 PM

well i mean the sources i used for the firebat werent black. But anyway, in the starcraft universe, the firebat used mostly Red and yellow:

http://drelb.free.fr/firebat.gif

http://www.nafent.co...oys/firebat.jpg

http://sclegacy.com/...nit-firebat.jpg

http://www.needcoffe...ges/firebat.jpg

*In some cases, firebats had GREY not black on there suits. But that was only to make the suit "less heavy" then what it currently was so that the firebats could move around faster.

So anyway, would you rather run into a base wearing tight leather pants that sqweek as you move around, or mid lvl baggy pants (in which ninjas used during the 800's-1600's because it was there best choice for stealth). The baggy pants the ghost is wearing is not leather. Its all cloth and its extremely light making it easier for him to run around.

And that thing on his face is called a "Visor". The purpose of that was so that you can change your vision and to zoom in on certain things. (Thermal Vision, Night Vision).

Edited by Stealthy, 17 August 2004 - 05:24 AM.

Posted Image

#17 Gatecrasher

Gatecrasher
  • New Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 12:17 AM

I must agree that the giant headlights on Sam Fisher's face most likely made him stand out like an Albino man at the Apollo.

#18 Stealthy

Stealthy

title available

• Hosted
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 01:36 AM

bump..

Edited by Stealthy, 17 August 2004 - 01:46 AM.

Posted Image

#19 Stealthy

Stealthy

title available

• Hosted
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 01:45 AM

Edit: and what the hell is up with glowing green things for spies and the like nowadays? it really looked gay in, for example, splinter cell, you have glowy lights on u, ur hiding in the shadows, sum1 walks rite by u, nearly touching u, "oh, its probably just the wind" i mean, what the hell... lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

btw, I have taken ninjitsu lessons for 4 almost 5 years. The biggest mistake of any student would be to show themselves to there enemy. The first rule is to catch them by surprise, thats why in all of these stealth games: SplinterCell, Thief, Hidden & Dangerous...you are always facing the back of your enemy. Only a moron would attack from the front where you can be spotted, be wise and go around back.

Also, the ghost have the ability to cloak themselves (meaning you see nothing temporarily). Thats why he has all of those glowing things on him (the visor is to change views) but i forgot what there called in the starcraft world.
Posted Image

#20 Guest_Guest_Ben_*_*

Guest_Guest_Ben_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2004 - 02:02 AM

Well since registration doesn't work I guess I'll be posting as Guest_Ben for a while...

So in this mod, will the Ghost's weapon do any damage, or will it totally suck like in Starcraft?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users