the_kid

L337 Pwnerer of N00bs

• Project Team
  • 1,734 posts
  • Projects:freelancing between what interests me
  •  + TRIPLEhelix

Posted 14 January 2004 - 05:37 AM

my goal is to get into West Point

me too... for the most part, if i don't get in, I'll take anywhere (almost anywhere) that will take me.

No way man, you can't wage a war without infantry

very true... and that is like i would like to be a ranger or green barret one day...

too many people get caught up in gaming strategies... cuz if game studios made 100% realistic warfare... skirmishes would last about 40 hours... people get cought up in the tank rush, and superweapons... in reality, its infantry that win the war elspecially in modern and WWII warfare. A squad of elite soldiers carry out a mission, and like Ho chi minh said "In open battle, the elephant would crush the tiger. Yet if the tiger evvery once in a while crept out of the jungle to tear chunks off the elephant's hide, the elephant would slowly bleed to death."
History showed Ho to be correct.

#22 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 14 January 2004 - 09:38 AM

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

- Albert Einstein

Thats my view too.

I dont think there will be many infantery left to fight.

#23 Skywaters

Skywaters

Schnell, Schnell, Kartoffelkopf!

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Projects:Command Imperium
  •  Eccentric Philantrophist

Posted 14 January 2004 - 01:11 PM

Within 50 to 100 years, we will most likely reach the maximum carrying capacity of the earth, which will bring on famine, and reduce the population to a reasonable size.  Current estimates put that at around 7 billion people, with the peak sometime in the next 50 years at around 9 billion.
:)

Don't be limited to just a 2D opinion of the world in that it has space and it will soon be full. Australia might look small but it's holding 19 Million people and there's still TONS of space.

It's just my honest opinion, but this whole idea that we will one day fill up the world and there'll be no space kinda bugs me

However on the same note I am a Christian and IMO God would return long before his people would suffer so harshly (Unless the Antichrist shows up, but that's something different altogether)

No offence intended to you at all with the Above MasterMind

Onto another point that just sprung to mind..

No doubt we've all heard the phrase that "Money is the root of all evil". Take this odd hypothetical that I was thinking about while typing this and modifying some games..

"If Money is a base of corruption, a base of temptation why not abolish money altogether? If No-one has money, then no-one has leverage over someone. A system would surely work where people are evenly distributed what they need depending on their requirements and status (Like if you have Kids, families to support etc.)

The whole idea of Corruption is intertwined in Leverage. We want to have leverage and the advantage over someone, but if we remove the possibility of leverage and the "reward" then what can you gain."

No doubt people will find holes and mega amounts of problems, but that's cool. I welcome any opinions both Postive and Negative on the Above..

On a Side Note Detail: What you posted reminded me ALOT of the idea of the Patriots in Metal Gear Solid 2...
Posted Image

#24 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 14 January 2004 - 02:04 PM

If you look at Tokyo, it reached it's limit a long time ago. Since than thay have extended the ports to make more space. The same could be done with underground areas.

Thay say "absolute power corrupts; absolute". You only need a tiny bit of power to corrupt most people. If you some other network leaders, thay mention world domination alot, thinking there network can go that far.
Man invented money as a tool of power, so calling it the the root of all evil is like passing the blame.

#25 Skywaters

Skywaters

Schnell, Schnell, Kartoffelkopf!

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Projects:Command Imperium
  •  Eccentric Philantrophist

Posted 14 January 2004 - 03:03 PM

I didn't call it the root of all evil, however it is a foundation for the beginning of corruption or at least a tool...

Toyko yes, but remember The world is bigger than just 7 continents...
Posted Image

#26 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 14 January 2004 - 03:45 PM

The problem isn't with running out of space. We have plenty of room on earth, the problem is in agricultural production. There is only about 21% of the Earth's surface that is fit for agriculture, with another 28% that could be used, but is likely too infertile to be fit. What we need to do is learn to be more efficient with our resources, and use them more wisely. I'm a Christian, but I don't see God as fixing this, he put us here to make our own destiny, and that is what we are doing. Besides, the book of Revelation speaks of him bringing calamity upon the earth at the end of earth, not saving us. I know that this sounds very pessimistic, but I am a scientist at heart, and this is what science says. Earth can only support so many people, and we are fast approaching that number.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#27 MuDsHoVeLeR

MuDsHoVeLeR

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 07:45 PM

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

- Albert Einstein

Thats my view too.

I dont think there will be many infantery left to fight.

Detail, the point of that quote is that there will ONLY be infantry left to fight. It's a hyperbole emphasizing that if we wage a massive technological war we'll wipe each other back to the stone-age, the idea isn't that all the soldiers will be killed-- after all, who would use the sticks and stones?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users