Hello All

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lion

Lion
  • New Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 03:49 PM

Hello everyone! Sorry i havent registered before, i never quite got around to do it.
Some of you already know me (thudo, mithril, akkrand), and others maybe from playing my Advanced AI Mod.
In any case, i hope to be helpful and also get my scripting skills up while im at it!

As my first question, what is the best program/way to open stuff in .big files and how do i put them back into the game (add to the existing file or create a new big or something)
i desperately need to edit a lot of ini files for the next version of my mod and im getting really mad at sending more and more files scattered (extracted) all over the place instead of one .big file

Thanks!

#2 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution

Posted 27 August 2004 - 05:48 PM

I personally like to use FinalBig for extracting files from INI's. You can get it here

http://gendev.origin...ction=file&id=7

If you want to add your edited ini's to the game put them in the corresponding directory in your Generals/Zero Hour folder under Data\INI and Data\INI\Objects (FinalBig should extract them all to here if you select to extract to your Generals Folder)

For creating a new big, open up FinalBig, Select New, then do Add Directory/Add File and then select your edited Directory/INI to add to your .big file.

#3 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 27 August 2004 - 05:53 PM

Welcome at last! :p

Yes FinalBIG is what you'll want to use. It's simple and quick.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users