• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Akkrand

Akkrand
  • New Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:44 AM

Hey,
Anyone know how to get the AI to repair a chinook or commanche? Barring the first hurdle of identifying that they are damaged, I realised I can't think of any action or commandbutton that tells an aircraft - or a tank for that matter - to return to the factory for repairs.
This would be quite useful, if at some point I can identify that a unit is at X% health, telling a chinook to repair when its damaged, or a commanche, will save the computer a lot of money in the long run.
Also if anyone else has some idea how to identify when they are damaged, I'm still trying to figure out how to do this - would be good to send <20% health china tanks back to the nearest propaganda tower...

Cheers,
Lord Akkrand

#2 Lion

Lion
  • New Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 07:13 AM

Well i could swear theres a condition "when health greater/less/equal than x%"
for healing them i dont know if that can be done but maybe an ambulance at base and it gets told to move that way (afterall USA doesnt barely have uses for AI ambulances). Im positive about it working with listening outposts/attack troop crawlers in case you want to do it with a helix...

another plan would be go a little further with mod by creating an AI pool of resources, which i had in my plans for quite a loonnng while (more details on that when i finish brainstorming it)

#3 Akkrand

Akkrand
  • New Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 08:19 AM

Yeah but I've never seen a script with the health % condition activate. I think the problem lies in that the script uses Object <This Object> rather than Team <This Team>... Doesn't seem to apply to a team, even if the team consists of a single unit... or at least it has been that way every time I've tried to test something using it... :(

Cheers,
Lord Akkrand

#4 Lion

Lion
  • New Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 08:28 AM

Maybe you could detect if the unit was attacked... to prevent it from returning immediately ater it receives a hit, that could add to a counter or a timer could go off so the timer has to expire or the counter reach x before it returns or something like that... wont be ideal but might help (that is if ambulances can get air targets like a listening outpost)

#5 Akkrand

Akkrand
  • New Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 08:34 AM

I will try that. Also will test if the ambulance can heal it; if it can't, its all a bit moot for my current 'project'...
Thanks. Will post details on loading transports when I make sure I know one of mine that works flawlessly...

Cheers,
Lord Akkrand

#6 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution

Posted 30 August 2004 - 09:34 AM

Im afraid to say you might be working on a moot point since by looking at the Ambulance's Code you will find.

Behavior = AutoHealBehavior ModuleTag_23
    HealingAmount     = 8
    HealingDelay      = 1000; msec
    Radius            = 100.0f
    StartsActive      = Yes
    KindOf            = VEHICLE
    ForbiddenKindOf   = AIRCRAFT
    SkipSelfForHealing = Yes
  End

Comanche's and Chinooks do have the KindOf = AIRCRAFT and so will be forbidden healing from the Ambulance. Bizarely there is no way to repair Comanche's and Chinook's.

#7 Akkrand

Akkrand
  • New Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 09:43 AM

Bugger.

#8 Guest_TheDemoN_*

Guest_TheDemoN_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2004 - 11:32 AM

You can repair your aircraft, give a unit the propaganda ability like have an offier with it, like thte speaker towers BECAUSE that does heal aircraft :grin:

#9 Guest_TheDemoN_*

Guest_TheDemoN_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2004 - 11:33 AM

i meant Officer there OR just give the ambulance the propaganda power

#10 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 30 August 2004 - 12:32 PM

I think yer looking to have the aircraft (Chinook, Comanche) come back to the airfield, land on it to heal up, then return to combat? That should be possible although not many times do I ever do that myself (time consuming). On occasion I will if its an Elite Aircraft which I need quickly repaired.

Nevertheless.. something to try:

Script the Chinnok/Comanche to guard the combat zone.
Under the Behavior tab attach a script that calls up a script after 10% damage to the Team..
Now write the script to:
1) return to the nearest Airfield in "my inner perimeter"
2) set a 60 <tweak this> second timer
3) enable the next script
write another script that is NOT active
*IF*
timer is expired
then <this team> Guard Combat Zone.

Mind you, you'll have to write a few reset scripts to start the cycle over.

A script would be needed similar to one where you ask a ground-based vehicle to head to the nearest WarFactory to repair at it then jump back into combat.
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#11 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 30 August 2004 - 02:29 PM

Does that actually work? I tried it in the defcon AI but it didn't work of course. The human player has to have helicopters selected and then click the airfield for it to repair. The AI could do this with a commandbutton.. I wonder if you could use the attack\move commandbutton on an airfield and if it would still repair.. BUT then it would of course attack units in its wake! Unless you only tell it to do that once it is in MyOuterPerimeter..
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users