• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Stealthy

Stealthy

title available

• Hosted
  • 261 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 02:10 PM

hi guys, i have some good and bad news to bring you today (ill start with the bad). As some of you know, we've been having problems with a couple of our members lately causing two of our most important teamates to leave DoC. Now ill say it again, we're not dead and we're not giving up on DoC. But because, we are going to put DoC on a hold until BF2 comes out, there wont be much progress on this mod until that happens.

Now, heres the good news. I will be starting a new mod (probably sometime next week) based on the French and Italian front of WW2. The mod is going to take place from (1939-1943). This is going to be done as an expansion for FH (Forgotten Hope mod) so of course, it will be on the bf1942 engine. Battles will take place in the deserts of libya, Tunisia, and Kasserine pass to the landings of siciliy all the way to the invasion of Yugoslavia and greece. There will also be maps based on the french front of the war such as Blitzcreig and more.

Now, im going to need some members to help out with this so if you think you got what it takes, post here with your Aim name (must have aim), Job desription, some reference work, and any experiences if applicable.

Sk8bar and I will be leaders of this mod (that is if he would join me in making it :grin: ).

Now, this mod will not start until next week but we need members none the less. Why next week you ask? its because of that damn hurricane francis, its heading towards my state and its basically going to hit us. That meaning i probably wont have electricity for about a week or a few days. But plz keep in touch if you are willing to join. Im sad that these two members are leaving us, but i hope they know that they will be deeply missed. Now, onward to the future project!
Posted Image

#2 Earl of Essex

Earl of Essex
  • New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 03:29 PM

well im gonna try to be the mapper

#3 bdizzle

bdizzle
  • New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 01:27 AM

fuck why did it have to die. we were doin good. for the love of god plz come back. cant we still keep goin.

#4 Freise

Freise
  • New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 02:08 AM

aw.... you guys cant quit now...

Think about it: bf2 comes out in 2005... thats next eyar so people are gonna have to wait for that, then they have to wait for you to develop it, thats like another five months or something depending on the team and stuff, i doubt this mod will come back after that kind of a "hold"

Can't you guys find new people? i mean u guys have like 4-5 months of progress dont ya?
all that down the drain.. shame shame :sad:
:D :) :sad: :sad: :sad:

#5 Uncle_Sam

Uncle_Sam
  • New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 04:15 AM

:D
sad
very sad :sad:

#6 DoNtShOOtMe

DoNtShOOtMe
  • New Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 04:12 PM

better to have found out now that it wasn't going to work than a year down the road.

#7 Uncle_Sam

Uncle_Sam
  • New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 11:46 PM

of course it's better. This way, we are only sad. But if we had knew alot later, we might of been alot sadder and frustrated. but i'm sure the reasons were serious enough for the mod to "stand-still" till BF2. and anyway, the BF2 will have alot of cool features to implement (destructable scenery, commander mode, even more caracter personalisation and alot more). btw, an expansion to FH does seem interesting too. i always loved FH, and adding more teams and maps on different fronts is good; i'll probably be like the road to rome exp., only better.

Edited by Uncle_Sam, 04 September 2004 - 11:51 PM.

#8 Airibis

Airibis
  • New Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 06:32 AM

DoC is back

But either one of two things

we make it for BFV

or work on all models all classes

and wait till BF2 comes out this winter, and release it as one of the first complete BF2 mods.

#9 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2004 - 09:48 AM

I think its better when you do the mod for BFV, because iam not going to buy BF2 :p

#10 Shifty

Shifty
  • New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 10:24 AM

ye my pc probaly wont be able to run bf2 i better start saving :( :(

#11 Stealthy

Stealthy

title available

• Hosted
  • 261 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 02:44 PM

personally im up for anything. Either we continue working on DoC, or we wait. Its up to you guys.
Posted Image

#12 Uncle_Sam

Uncle_Sam
  • New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 06:01 AM

personally im up for anything.  Either we continue working on DoC, or we wait.  Its up to you guys.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i say you first make it for BFV, make it a classic, then maybe consider porting to BF2. A bit like FH, GC, DC; they still use the BF42 engine but are soo much more fun and professionnal than any BFV mod up to now. Even tho i stopped playing DC after 2 weeks, I own BFV but almost exclusivelly play FH and GC. If you could make it like they did, with alot of polish and innovation, i'll be bound to be perfect.

#13 DMX

DMX
  • New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 02:45 PM

he jo who make the mod now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users