#1 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:45 PM

After 2 hours of work today, the forums are finally back online. If you find any problems, please let me know. Everything should be restored exactly as it was before the move, but if not, I'll certainly see about fixing it.
:p
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#2 Natus

Natus

i maid a telescope with my smarties toob

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts
  • Projects:Ex mapper, GCII Fanatic and sound tech.
  •  "Go fudge yourself you smarmy overly-camp handsome barstard" - Neil Faz

Posted 21 September 2004 - 11:13 PM

Everything seems find to me, some things take a lil bit of time to load, but bloody smooth job so far.
Natus 3.4

Corrupt program now requires constant reboots and does not function at all in majority of instances. Designed with a web browser component to replace AOL, it has exceeded our expectations by being more crashy and unreliable and with worse tech support. We didn't think it was physically possible! A general product recall is advised; when it does function it seems to require background processes Girl 0.1Beta to stave off further crashes. Will someone PLEASE remove that code, and insert Backbone 1.9 in its place? That's assuming we even bother to continue this prog.

#3 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 22 September 2004 - 02:58 AM

Seems to be working fine here...

#4 the_kid

the_kid

L337 Pwnerer of N00bs

• Project Team
  • 1,734 posts
  • Projects:freelancing between what interests me
  •  + TRIPLEhelix

Posted 22 September 2004 - 02:59 AM

yeah, good work... and remember to take your time when restoring everything, its better to have it done right the first time than have errors to fix later...

#5 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:12 AM

This is 100% restored, and took probably 4 hours of time total. My first attempt failed, so I restarted, and got this working. I wrote a handy little script that I will use from now on for prepping the db for restoration, and then go ahead and do the restore. It still takes a couple hours to get everything loaded.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

#6 Stino

Stino

AKA Stink_o

• Hosted
  • 1,421 posts
  • Projects:Blitzkrieg II:The Finest Hour (BlitzII:TFH)
  •  Doer of Things

Posted 22 September 2004 - 06:52 AM

MM is the man again.
Posted Image

#7 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:29 PM

What about the hosted sites? If I get the order I can upload something ..
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#8 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:36 PM

Fluf wont be restored.

This is not the uber server, this is a temp server.

#9 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:45 PM

This is 100% restored, and took probably 4 hours of time total.  My first attempt failed, so I restarted, and got this working.  I wrote a handy little script that I will use from now on for prepping the db for restoration, and then go ahead and do the restore.  It still takes a couple hours to get everything loaded.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You were lucky to get it working on your second attempt... I already bypassed my 10th attempt and nothing yet :p :p
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#10 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:51 PM

This is a shared server, so i expect the server techie has put some limit on to make sure it always runs smooth. Upload a temp page saying PPM will be back soon, that should lift a small weight from your sholders, till you can talk with mastermind about his sneeky scripts.

#11 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:58 PM

I'm gunna speak to the guy when hes online. I set up a new account. Didn't fix the problem.

#12 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...

Posted 22 September 2004 - 07:23 PM

I believe you may have some way to access these files by browsing your home dir.... or using the Disk Usage thing from your CPanel...

Edit: nvm... Hybrid would need root access to remove the file and he doesnt have it since its a shared server.

Edited by Banshee, 22 September 2004 - 07:25 PM.

Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#13 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 07:33 PM

I'm on MSN all the time, and I can use AIM. If you need help with a hosted site, talk to me, and I can see what I can do. If forums are a problem, I've got a script or two that makes the work easier, and then just requires some manual upload work.
Posted Image

#14 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 07:38 PM

Actually, I also have one... my problem was the program I used to gzip it. It created a gzip file that lightly modified the sql file. So, it complained at the first line. However, if you have a script that can restored zipped (not gzip) sql files, please post here. It would be very nice because of official gzip program (looks like a MSDOS stuff) is terrible to be used.
Project Perfect Mod

Posted Image

#15 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 22 September 2004 - 07:57 PM

I use WinRAR to open gzip files.
I've found that WinRAR has been very handy over the years.

#16 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 11:32 PM

WinZip opens gzip files.... but it doesnt gzip it back O.o... but this problem is solved now. I used the crappy gzip official program to gzip the database and I managed to restore it in the server. Now I need to finish uploading the files and I'll need these 366mb to upload the attachments.
Project Perfect Mod

Posted Image

#17 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 01:52 AM

That works I suppose. My method was to unzip it, and then split the file with a script and restore the parts. I'll probably write a script do do all the work restoring, but that is a bit down the road, as this method worked for now. I'll work out that script, and test it out for when we relocate again, and I will make all the code available for hostees to use if need be.
Posted Image

#18 juanmanuelsanchez

juanmanuelsanchez

title available

• Hosted
  • 381 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 04:04 PM

and when are the web sites coming online?

Edited by juanmanuelsanchez, 23 September 2004 - 04:05 PM.

#19 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 04:27 PM

I don't know that all of game-mod will be restored yet. This is temporary hosting. ETA on the new server is next week, probably around 9/30 or later. I don't know when we plan to restore everything, but it likely won't be until after that.
Posted Image

#20 MagicGangsta

MagicGangsta

title available

• Project Team
  • 409 posts
  • Projects:In The Shadows - Project Leader

Posted 23 September 2004 - 06:04 PM

to save you guys the trouble, dont restore our site on the temp server.
save it for the real server when its available.
ive added a place holder to www.itsmod.com until then.
besides im working on a total site redesign, which will take me a few weeks, so no rush.
good work on the restore so far tho :p
www.itsmod.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users