• Please log in to reply
980 replies to this topic

#881 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:18 AM

Actually Bob, there is a "semi" readme for PR 7.0. It's in the folder called "Images and Replacer Files" but it isn't very good.

#882 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:20 AM

Mainly because all credits are given in the game itself. Also mainly because there's not much to say about installing it :ninja:.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#883 livewire

livewire
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 07:46 AM

yea...i got a prob....wen i try dwnld it wit mod toaster 2..it fin dwnldin and then wen it loads it says techinical difficulties...it happens wit other mods....wat do i do?

#884 Karlos Vandango

Karlos Vandango

I Post Every Second Of My Life

• Project Team
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester Project Raptor
  •  The Posting Maniac

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:31 PM

complain to the mod toaster people not our proplem
did you install microsoft net framework?
Posted Image

#885 livewire

livewire
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:37 PM

yep...and the downloads all finish..but when i load up a mod like PR it goes then frezzes up and says,,,techinical difficulties....

#886 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:17 PM

Mod Toaster doesn't always work. See the "New to the Forums" pinned topic for other mod switching techniques.

#887 sath

sath

Death is here!

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  runabout boy

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:31 AM

me's gots problem too

you know when you have the build qeue on a buiding or unit if it permits while playing right? well i encountered somthing dodgy involving trying to cancel something on an arms dealer and instead it says something to do with artillery strikes from the sea and upon clicking one of the boxes it comes up with a power plant and i can't cancel units! :p
When someone opens up a can of kick butt, then the best thing to do is to open up a can of baked beans

Remember! If you smoke weed you’ll get high, if you smoke a reed you would die

Apparently Donkeys kill more people every year than air-plane crashes

#888 Bob

Bob

Marine Corps Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV)

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor, ZH Maps
  •  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Posted 02 April 2006 - 05:51 PM

1.) Which GLA general were you playing?

2.) What unit were you building, and then trying to cancel, when this bug occured?
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#889 sath

sath

Death is here!

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  runabout boy

Posted 09 April 2006 - 03:26 PM

i was on gen challenge with demo gen, this also happened with the infantry gen so it is likely that branches to the other gens

with demo gen i was trying to cancel some scorpions on an arms dealer
for infantry gen i was trying to cancel some mini gunners
When someone opens up a can of kick butt, then the best thing to do is to open up a can of baked beans

#890 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:33 AM

That is the most bizzare thing I have ever heard.

#891 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Projects:The Ziggurat generally, Apocalypse in particular.
  •  Refuses to be beaten by Vortigern.

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:25 PM

I second that. I also have a bug- a minor one, but still a problem - with the SW general's GGAM's they often fire SAM's at ground units, and its annoying because the SAM's suck and are really slow :huh: but the SSM's are awesome. :wub:
Of course I don't look busy; I did it right the first time.
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#892 Karlos Vandango

Karlos Vandango

I Post Every Second Of My Life

• Project Team
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester Project Raptor
  •  The Posting Maniac

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:02 PM

i was on gen challenge with demo gen, this also happened with the infantry gen so it is likely that branches to the other gens

with demo gen i was trying to cancel some scorpions on an arms dealer
for infantry gen i was trying to cancel some mini gunners

that is the most weairdest bug ive seen yet any chance of a screenie?
Posted Image

#893 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:22 PM

I tried and I couldn't find it.

#894 spartan 117

spartan 117

zealot

• Project Team
  • 377 posts
  • Projects:doing maps and missions together with jsmooth13 and 00nobody
  •  mapper

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:51 AM

lol, this one happens all the time, sometimes it chnages the units picture into an arti barrage or shit like thta.
but u'll end up producing the unit although u didn't want it.

this bug really needs to be fixed coz it's so goddam freakin annoying

What unit were you building, and then trying to cancel, when this bug occured

it happenes with all gens except for usa as far as i recall

(china, inf, tank, nuke, gla, toxin, demo, stealth) but not the usa sides and it isn't a specific unit, it can happen when producing a tank o arti or infantry or upgrade, actually everything
Posted Image

#895 sath

sath

Death is here!

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  runabout boy

Posted 18 April 2006 - 04:25 PM

one less problem blasted like a target at a fair ground :)

#896 caltor

caltor
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 06:21 PM

I downloaded PR 7.0 recently. I have noticed a few things you can look at and possibly fix.

1. The bombing that I think all USA generals and USA has (the ball-shaped scatter bombs from general's promotion), only can be activated by the super weapon general. The rest of them there is no way of activating the power because there is no icon on the right of the screen, and there is no icon when you click on the strategy centre either.

2. When playing the AI laser general, the mammoth laser tank is spelt "mammtoh".

3. When playing as the tank general, all AP gattling weapons are basically useless to infantry. The AP gattling base defence, the AP gattling tank, and gattling cannon on a helix, etc takes forever to kill infantry. The regular gun that comes automatically on the helix kills infantry effiently though. (Also when you build the AP gattling tank, the war factory doors open instantly)

4. When playing as the airforce general, on the screen just before the game starts, you have the M1 Abrams tank still listed, even though you can't build it.

5. When playing as the airforce general, at the starting of the game, building jets and helicopters takes the regular time to build. I noticed, (there is no upgrade for this) that later in the game, all aircraft start to build instantly. Also, king raptors damage AP gattling base defences a very small amount.

6. Last, when playing as any GLA general or regular GLA army, the upgrade picture for the powerplants is a camo picture. When you click it, the box in the right has a picture of control rods.

I just thought you might want to know some of these that I picked up on. Some of these don't affect game play, but I thought you might want to know them. I do enjoy playing this mod though. Good work.

Caltor

#897 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  • Projects:00 Nobody Maps
  •  Mapper and Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:48 PM

I downloaded PR 7.0 recently. I have noticed a few things you can look at and possibly fix.

1. The bombing that I think all USA generals and USA has (the ball-shaped scatter bombs from general's promotion), only can be activated by the super weapon general. The rest of them there is no way of activating the power because there is no icon on the right of the screen, and there is no icon when you click on the strategy centre either.

2. When playing the AI laser general, the mammoth laser tank is spelt "mammtoh".

3. When playing as the tank general, all AP gattling weapons are basically useless to infantry. The AP gattling base defence, the AP gattling tank, and gattling cannon on a helix, etc takes forever to kill infantry. The regular gun that comes automatically on the helix kills infantry effiently though. (Also when you build the AP gattling tank, the war factory doors open instantly)

4. When playing as the airforce general, on the screen just before the game starts, you have the M1 Abrams tank still listed, even though you can't build it.

5. When playing as the airforce general, at the starting of the game, building jets and helicopters takes the regular time to build. I noticed, (there is no upgrade for this) that later in the game, all aircraft start to build instantly. Also, king raptors damage AP gattling base defences a very small amount.

6. Last, when playing as any GLA general or regular GLA army, the upgrade picture for the powerplants is a camo picture. When you click it, the box in the right has a picture of control rods.

I just thought you might want to know some of these that I picked up on. Some of these don't affect game play, but I thought you might want to know them. I do enjoy playing this mod though. Good work.

Caltor

1. It's there, but you built the GPS Station first, didn't you? it can be activated by clicking on a GPS station after buying the power unless you built it after getting the generals power, then it has a tab.

2. The toll tips and names will be fixed in 8.0.

3. Everyone knows this, and it is not a glitch or bug. Although I don't like it, that's how it's meant to be. for the Gattling tank thing, I have never noticed it, and if the problem does exist, it will be fixed.

4. That will be changed too, for all the generals.

5. This glitch has never existed on my game, and mine is very reliable (never crashed except for when a Sea Devil was destroyed, which happened once). As for the "little damage against AP Gattling cannons, that's because the King Raptor does a Missile Damage, and buildings ar more affected by Shell and Explosion type damages. Upgrade to JDAMs to deal more damage. The problem, however, may be the fact that, due to a minor error in the ini codes, the Laser Guided Missiles reduces the damage of raptors and king raptors, so don't buy it. If you bought it, that may be a good reason as to why it is happening.

6. This will also be changed, it has to do with cameo problems.

That is all, and wlecome to the PR Community Caltor!

Edited by 00 Nobody, 30 April 2006 - 08:50 PM.

00 Nobody Maps and Missions
Desert Legends RPG C&C's ONLY
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Operation: The Dragon's Den
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#898 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 09:53 PM

3. Well, I can say right now that the AP Gattling Cannon problem has been fixed.

5. It isn't a glitch, the more airfields you have aas AFGen, the faster the aircraft build.

6. Most or all cameos are going to be different and all new things that don't have them are going to. plus, all new things will have it.

Thank you for bringing them back into attention.

We will bring you a bug free PR.

-Jsmooth

Edited by El Capitan, 07 May 2006 - 09:58 PM.

#899 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  • Projects:00 Nobody Maps
  •  Mapper and Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:00 PM

*brings PR 8.0, crashes before it can even get to the movie*
00 Nobody Maps and Missions
Desert Legends RPG C&C's ONLY
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Operation: The Dragon's Den
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#900 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:07 PM

Actaully, it gets passed the movie :sleep:

Edited by El Capitan, 07 May 2006 - 10:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users