mod is installing where?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_phoenixstar_*

Guest_phoenixstar_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2004 - 02:09 AM

i've downloaded the regular version (not the mod installer) and it's tries to go in the wrong folder in program files so i redirect to c: program files/ea games/command and conquer, but then it creates a whole other folder with the same name, i don't want to cut these out and paste them in the wrong place, please help

thanks

#2 Lt.Zack

Lt.Zack

title available

• Hosted
  • 384 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 02:30 AM

I personally had this problem because I named my ZH install differently than normal lol, you have to designate the folder that the Generals Zero Hour folder is :grin:

if you want to do it the hard way (like I did) do this....

the Window, Maps, and Art folders go into your Generals install folder
now the Data folder go into it and then put all except the English folder into the data folder in your ZH install. Now go into the English folder and put that Art folder into your English folder in your ZH install.

If I confused you in anyway let me know I will try and help you through it best I can :laugh:

#3 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 31 October 2004 - 03:03 AM

Sounds like you have a poorly done installer. It should be able to detect the correct path, and change if need be. Defcon currently installs properly, even though I have my installation in a non-standard location.
:grin:
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#4 Lt.Zack

Lt.Zack

title available

• Hosted
  • 384 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 04:05 AM

well I dont want to say that tank master did a bad job but if you would like to improve on the non-mod swapper installer than I guess that would be a good idea

#5 Guest_phoenixstar_*

Guest_phoenixstar_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2004 - 04:58 AM

well I dont want to say that tank master did a bad job but if you would like to improve on the non-mod swapper installer than I guess that would be a good idea

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks zack, it's working my other question is why doesn't the ai recognize the mod , i've been able to build stuff, but the computer just sits there, i've tried even the official maps just in case that the maps i was using were unsupported, but i had no luck :)

thanks again for your help

btw, i did a sampling of the units and superpowers all i can say is AWESOME, i especially thought the seashadow, scud STORM, and the chinese unit that launches a napalm fireball were incredible - great work zack and others on the team --well deserved applause!!

#6 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 31 October 2004 - 05:29 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll talk with him soon, and see about it.
:)
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#7 juanmanuelsanchez

juanmanuelsanchez

title available

• Hosted
  • 381 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 11:21 AM

please if you report a bug remember to tell us what version you use

#8 Lt.Zack

Lt.Zack

title available

• Hosted
  • 384 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 07:26 PM

sadly there is no AI for the mod so we are sol there...we need someone to do AI so badly :)

anyway AI will only somewhat work for the 3 basic sides and not every map will work that much..so yea multiplayer and our few missions is about it.....

#9 shootmeimdumb

shootmeimdumb
  • New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 10:57 PM

i read what to do above and it still doesnt work for me the mod wont work help!!! please

#10 Lt.Zack

Lt.Zack

title available

• Hosted
  • 384 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 01:08 AM

make sure you have the latest version of ZH

#11 Guest_phoenixstar_*

Guest_phoenixstar_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2004 - 09:17 PM

i read what to do above and it still doesnt work for me the mod wont work help!!! please

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

usually mods will go in c&c zero hour folder and then you don't worry about it, when i used the normal installer it was directing the mod to c/program files/ea games ---that threw me off, but let it it'll work fine & it'll uninstall fine also, just remember like zack said to make a copy of your install.bmp file, you'll see what i'm talking about once you get it load

so basically trust the installer, it might seem like it's incorrect but it's fine :p

#12 juanmanuelsanchez

juanmanuelsanchez

title available

• Hosted
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 10:43 PM

or you can use the mod swapper version and install it wherever you want ... but remember to have a clean version of ZH

#13 Lt.Zack

Lt.Zack

title available

• Hosted
  • 384 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 03:03 AM

and you have to use mod swapper :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users