#1 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 31 October 2004 - 07:26 PM

For those of you that have been waiting anxiously all week for the culmination of my media week, it is here. You can now download a preview video of Defcon, complete with ingame action. It's available in 2 flavors, Hi Resolution, and Low Resolution. I strongly recommend the Hi Resolution, as it's almost exactly what I see when I am rendering the video from the source imagery. Otherwise, the Low resolution is only 1.6 mb, while the hi resolution is 13.6. You can grab both videos here. Feel free to comment in the forums.
:)
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2004 - 08:25 PM

Nice video; too bad the mod still needs 2 weeks.

One question though, does all the weapons in Defcon have a big blast radius? The units in that game all seems to have better blast radius compared to the original units. Or was that just special effects?

#3 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 09:19 PM

The weapons do have a larger damage radius, although some of the scenes were a bit enhanced to provide the effects (at least I believe they were).
:)
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

#4 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution

Posted 01 November 2004 - 11:20 AM

I know how long this video took and on that basis its a very good video for the short amount of time you had to make it. However, I do think its a little bland. The first minute is just the same render process repeated for various units. While it looks good at first, I was getting a little bored by the end of it. The second part is very nice though and would have liked to see more of this kind of footage. One thing did bother me though, are the jets going to move like that in the actual game. I dont remember them doing so in the beta but they seem to stop and turn after dropping a bomb which seemed rather odd to me.
Obviously changing the video is out of the question since the mod is released in 2 weeks and I couldnt hope to make anything any better, but maybe you'll think of a release video or intro movie.
Generally a nice movie, if a little repeatitive at first.

#5 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 05:49 PM

Yeah. I realize it got a bit repetitive, but I did those renders the evening before it was released, and I just used the same camera setup, to make things go quickly. I'm still planning to do an intro video.
:p
Posted Image

#6 Guest_Hybermann_*

Guest_Hybermann_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2004 - 06:18 PM

Now that is a cool movie :p
may aske how you intro movie would be like ? (you idears)

#7 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 02 November 2004 - 07:03 PM

"Further transmissions may be difficult...(static)"

I enjoyed it. I think the nice renders made up for repetitive views. Gave us a chance to see what is offered. I'm curious on the "E" tanks. Many of them, small medium and large. Then some more. :p

Nice, between this and Energy mod, this reaffrims my decision.
This is a mod done right. Nice skins also.

#8 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 04 November 2004 - 07:56 AM

*cough*!*cough*!*cough*!
Looks gool, but what happened to the nuke at the end?
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#9 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 09:40 AM

It didn't display on my comp. The tanks exploded, but there was no nuke at at all.
:p
Posted Image

#10 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 04 November 2004 - 05:28 PM

Hmm now thats interesting ... it worked perfectly here, thus I assume that you had a later version of defcon installed..
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#11 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2004 - 06:28 AM

Nice, between this and Energy mod, this reaffrims my decision.

Well energy mod seems good too, and its out already too. *hint@Defcon*

#12 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 06:30 AM

Check the video.
:laugh:
Posted Image

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2004 - 08:21 AM

Yeah, but its still a few days off....

#14 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 05:42 PM

Yes, it is, and I'm going to release it then. You will get a finished, final, polished mod, rather than a rushed beta.
:laugh:
Posted Image

#15 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2004 - 02:16 AM

Yeah, but I'm just afraid of hearing that after seeing so many other mods say it. But you did give a date; I'll trust you on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users