Photo

Newest unit

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#161 Guest_black storm_*

Guest_black storm_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2005 - 11:03 PM

^_^ i was just thinking, you guys add alot of very cool units but you dont add that many upgrades. i would like to see some more upgrades, that would be cool. and if you dont have time to think of them i have LOTS of ideas.

#162 Guest_Ace22_*

Guest_Ace22_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2005 - 01:55 AM

well, there is a limit to how many upgrades you can make, I believe it is 128. And Vanguard has used 121, so he has to pick carefully. But what ideas do you have? talk about them in Crazy Ideas.

#163 Guest_black storm_*

Guest_black storm_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2005 - 02:07 AM

thanks for the advice, i`ll do that

#164 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 20 April 2005 - 12:06 PM

Ok I can eliminate another upgrade so I now have 118 this would be the rocket buggy toxin missiles.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#165 Guest_Ace22_*

Guest_Ace22_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:55 PM

Fine by me, I don't play the GLA too often.

#166 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:07 PM

Well it is an unused upgrade anyway.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#167 Guest_Ace22_*

Guest_Ace22_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:44 PM

It is? what a waste of disk space.

My recomendations for some new upgrades would be 7th Panzer's Advanced Pilot Training, which would allow planes more speed and turning radius; also Black Storm's Englarged Cargo Hold, it would allow not more money, but 25% more troops for a paradrop.

Need a lot to balence them, though. I wonder...

Edited by Ace22, 20 April 2005 - 10:46 PM.

#168 Bob

Bob

Marine Corps Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV)

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor, ZH Maps
  •  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Posted 20 April 2005 - 11:38 PM

I also like the idea of an Advanced Pilot Training upgrade.

I was also wondering if you could add, either as the part of the normal game, or as part of the Advanced Pilot Training upgrade, some advanced combat survival training for veteran pilots.

This ability would allow veteran pilots to enter stealth mode after bailing out of an aircraft, and parachuting to the ground. This would give them a fighting chance at survival within enemy territory. Something they really don't have now.

How many times have you successfully rescued your pilots during a game? Not many I'll bet. :D

This ability should improve the odds a bit.

Edited by Bob, 20 April 2005 - 11:45 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#169 Guest_Ace22_*

Guest_Ace22_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:04 AM

yeah, that gets pretty annoying, I hate it when a hero pilot is killed while stupidly meandering near some gattling tanks.

you could just make them do that without an upgrade, Vanguard.

even then, we need to find a way to balence it. What should China have? the Bayonet ability mentioned by Black Storm a few minutes ago would be nice, along with the ability to launch napalm grenades.

GLA would have an upgrade for them to equip a machine gun to their cycles, and rebels could have an upgrade to explode when killed.

#170 Bob

Bob

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 02:06 AM

For balancing purposes:

I would assume that China would have a similar program in their Air Force. (The People’s Liberation Army Air Force)

As for the GLA, there is some type of aircraft for them down in World Builder, but at this point I really haven't played with them yet. Anyway, I would assume that they could have a rather limited ability hide from the enemy (limited stealth ability).

I don't know how the programming goes in ZH, but if it's possible to have different levels of stealth. Then the GLA would have the lowest level, while the U.S. would have the highest level. And China would be in the middle somewhere.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#171 Guest_7th_Panzer_*

Guest_7th_Panzer_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2005 - 06:02 AM

Instead of stealth aircraft for the GLA, they could use cheaper Air to Ground aircraft of Soviet vintage. The Mi-24 'Hind', Su-25 'Frogfoot', MiG-29 'Fulcrum' and for heavy airlift the Mi-8 'Hip'. These are common around the world today, and not out of their scope of interest.

Bob mentioned they should be stealthed, and I am inclined to disagree. Stealth technology is expensive and constantly evolving, requiring a lot of time and money to research it and gain countermeasures based upon new ways of discovering a stealthed aircraft. The installations required for such research would be obvious on a satellite overpass, and quickly have a package delivered to it via your friendly B-2 delivery service. End of story for GLA stealth program (and likely a Chinese program).

However, your idea Bob is excellent. How about stealthed airfields? It would be like this: no matter what GLA general they are fighting under, all aircraft and airfields the GLA builds would be camoflauged by netting and such (perhaps the stealth general could have free AA at his airfields or something). That would pose major problems for both the Chinese and Americans, as the American's first goal in any campaign is to bomb the hell out of any airfields and swat any fighters out of the sky before they can have an impact on the campaign. A stealthed airfield would give the US problems, just as it did in World War II and Vietnam.

The pilot training could encompass everything: improved speed, improved turn rate and veteran status, and a nice princely fee.

#172 Bob

Bob

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:29 AM

I also like the idea of an Advanced Pilot Training upgrade.

I was also wondering if you could add, either as the part of the normal game, or as part of the Advanced Pilot Training upgrade, some advanced combat survival training for veteran pilots.

This ability would allow veteran pilots to enter stealth mode after bailing out of an aircraft, and parachuting to the ground. This would give them a fighting chance at survival within enemy territory. Something they really don't have now.

How many times have you successfully rescued your pilots during a game? Not many I'll bet. :D

This ability should improve the odds a bit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

7th_Panzer,

Just a little correction here. We were talking about the idea of stealthing veteran pilots upon bailing out from a shot down aircraft (using advanced combat survival training), and not the actual stealthing of an aircraft itself. Complete details in the quote above.

Also, looking back at another post on balancing this ability between all of the sides, I said:

' ... As for the GLA, there is some type of aircraft for them down in World Builder, but at this point I really haven't played with them yet. Anyway, I would assume that they could have a rather limited ability hide from the enemy (limited stealth ability) ... '

I should have said:

' ... As for the GLA, there is some type of aircraft for them down in World Builder, but at this point I really haven't played with them yet. Anyway, I would assume that shot down GLA veteran pilots could have a rather limited ability to hide from the enemy (limited stealth ability for the pilot, because of his advanced training) ... '

I apologize if my wording led you astray. I have a bad habit of doing that. Sorry.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#173 Guest_Guest_7th_Panzer_*_*

Guest_Guest_7th_Panzer_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:07 AM

Oh, I must have read it wrong Bob, sorry. I work nights and sometimes its hard to check dyslexia (usually I read things twice). Sorry for stepping on your toes.

#174 Guest_Ace22_*

Guest_Ace22_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:24 PM

So the Pilot training would include:

50% +Turn radius.

25% + Speed. (fuel efficiency)

Veteran ranking

25% +Range. (better radars)

Stealth training (pilots)

Pilot doesn't die when it lands on water.

25% +more damage, because of inertia from the speed upgrade.

less signature on radar.

AAA and missiles can't hit as well.

missiles and bombs faster. (inertia)

Price: 7000-10000

Who's with me on this?

Edited by Ace22, 23 April 2005 - 05:45 PM.

#175 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:25 PM

From now on please post upgrade requests in the upgrade topic for processing and voting.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#176 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 24 April 2005 - 02:31 AM

Yo you guys been a while since I did this, check it, the Airforce Generals new MLRS, this will launch 4 missiles 3 times as fast, just as bad with accuracy, and doing slightly more damage.

I'm pimp like this. :p :)

Attached Thumbnails

• AFGenMLRS.jpg

Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#177 Guest_Ace22_*

Guest_Ace22_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2005 - 02:55 PM

Nice, I like it. :p