• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Rygar

Rygar

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 07:55 PM

Hi, I'm really impressed about this 1.1 version and I've some comments and suggestions to make:

I think a re-scale for infantry will add some realism, do you think the next version will have the infantry units in-scale?

About the psychic dominator: why don't add an audiowarning like the other superweapons? In this way not only will be balanced but also there isn't a "lack in the EVA events"

What about better voxels for units like: Tesla tank, destroyer, aircraft carrier, flak truck, war miner, sea scorpion, acid buggy, nuke artillery? I guess with a graphic improvement the overall quality will be increased (I was thinking about a different turret for the stealth generator to make it different from the gap generator)

And what about better cameos for the tank turret, grenadier, chrono sonic tank, dragon artillery, toxin tank,

I was thinking about to add 1 more place for infantry in the battle bunker and reduce a bit the buildtime of vehicles when the industrial plant is placed, what do you think?

Since the battle fortress is a 2000 cost unit, it should self repair, this is my suggestion.

At the moment I've finished.
Together with best modders since 2003.

#2 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 06 November 2004 - 10:58 AM

well the one with yuri, sky turning red and one with yuri is warning enough :laugh:

although self-healing on battle fort would be very useful.

Edited by Allied General, 06 November 2004 - 10:58 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 06 November 2004 - 11:45 AM

Heh yeah i'll take those into account when i come to work on V1.15. This version is sydr0s version. He asked me to keep it the basically the same, so i did. All i did was fix up a bug and tweak a few things as well as add survivor map pack support.

#4 Rygar

Rygar

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 12:18 PM

nice. I've other questions: what about new voices for "basic tanks" (abrams etc) and for other vehicles? IMHO some "original" voices suck a lot (think about chrono miner, v3, sea scorpion, they are inappropriate and stupid), and what about the "capture the flag" game mode? Instead of destroy the flag you acheive the victory capturing the enemy flag, this would add lots of fun and new strategies IMO

#5 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 06 November 2004 - 04:05 PM

I'll see what i can do. Maybe i could hire some voice actors.

#6 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:CNC3.net News & Freedom Studios admin
  •  This text is actually purple

Posted 06 November 2004 - 04:33 PM

One suggestion from me.. its about the German Special V2 launcher.. The background refers to WW2, while there was no WW2 in the cnc universe.. i sugest you edit that.. coz it sounds kinda stupid.. Also I'd allied-ish the vehicle

#7 Rygar

Rygar

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 11:55 AM

indeed there are some problems with the names of the units. Some of them have realistic names while the others have generic or fantasy names. This should be adjusted

#8 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 07 November 2004 - 01:05 PM

I don't think this was to be all realistic anyways in that sense.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#9 Rygar

Rygar

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 02:38 PM

I mean "appropriate", sorry

#10 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 14 November 2004 - 10:37 AM

Sorry Daeda, possible to repeat that in english so i can understand rather than Dutch-mutated-English. LOL Thanks :sleep:

#11 Rygar

Rygar

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 11:54 AM

he means to avoid the name V4 because it's abused in YR and WWII unvierse (V1, V2, V3) and replace it with a better name. I agree with him

#12 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 14 November 2004 - 02:36 PM

Ok. Sure

#13 Rygar

Rygar

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 04:16 PM

here some good sites with concept art pictures, hope this will help

http://www.cncgames....onceptart.shtml

http://www.tjframe.c...20Directory.htm

#14 The Liberator15

The Liberator15
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 08:19 AM

By the way, i think random maps should be allowed in allied unification mode.

#15 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 21 November 2004 - 12:40 PM

By the way, i think random maps should be allowed in allied unification mode.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, can be done easily for V1.15

#16 Sydr0

Sydr0

title available

• New Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 03:07 AM

Heyyy, well I really don't have much say in this mod so I don't care wut you guys do with it, it's all Deso now.

I have a few suggestions
-I think the Tech Buildings could be integrated onto more maps, I would really love to see this, I have added a lot of new tech buildings and spent a lot of work on it.(BTW, the Tech Buildings link is not on the SS site, you can only access the page if you go to the Yuri Country Specials)
-The Kirovs..... I think it needs some serious change, and has a potential to become a real cool unit, heres how.
The speed, since I added the new rotors, I think Deso can hook up a few more somewhere, ie edit the voxel. Well this is what it would do. It would make the Kirov faster of course, much faster, it would be pretty fast, and when it would have CRAPPY acceleration. It would be able to get to targets pretty fast(of course not as fast as jets) but when it gets there and starts firing, if it tried to run away, it would take it a while to accelerate and run.
Next part to refine the Kirov is to change the ammo. Give it a laser weapon, kinda like to expand it from teh Laser Drones. The Laser would fire against all moving targets, ie other aircraft, vehicles and infantry. The laser would be pretty strong, it would do a lot of damage but the ROF pretty slow, or it could be pretty fast and weak but it would fire against MULTIPLE targets(I forget if this would work lol).
The next part is to change the bombs, the old fashioned bombs would be used against buildings and such. They would accelerate like missiles under it and would not just drop right stright vertically. They could be called Rocket Somethings I dunno. They would take a while to accelerate like the Kirov of course and would do some damage, the range would be ok I guess.
So refine speed, and weapons could make Kirov a vg aircraft.
-The Nuke Artillery, being the strongest unit in teh game could use some refinement, heres how. You could give it an AA weapon. It would be NUKE FLAG, ie it would shoot some sort of mini nukes in teh air(new animation and such) and this would do damage in a radius like FLAK does. The NUKE FLAK weapon could also be fired from teh same cannon that fires the standard weapons, and it is aimed up anyways. It could easily defeat a group of aircraft at a LONG range, but if you split your aircraft to go in opposite direction, it would make it less effective.(give it a long minimum range, cuz the cannon cannot aim up)
-Grand Cannon. I think the Grand Cannon could also fire some long range FLAK against aircraft or shells(does a lot of damage in a large radius, but slow ROF), it's range would be even longer than against the standard ground targets since it's firing lighter shells. It could destroy a lot of aircraft with the "FLAK" at longe ranges. It would of course have a long minimum range since the cannon cannot aim that high. This can also be over come by spliting your aircraft around. Of course, raise the price of the Grand Cannon, just keep the building time the same.

I think a did a pretty good job in SS when it came to creating unique units :grin:.

#17 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 04 December 2004 - 03:30 PM

true but please don't give AA weapons to uber units and structures, we need to counter too :grin:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users