17 replies to this topic

#1 user_unknown

user_unknown

Federation Supreme Commander

• Hosted
  • 404 posts
  • Projects:Event Horizon

Posted 10 November 2004 - 07:02 PM

Just wondering what the general opinion of people is towards having people with crazy psychic powers in otherwise sane RTS games is...

EDIT: How do you make a poll again? :ohmy:

Edited by DJRowley, 10 November 2004 - 07:03 PM.

#2 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 10 November 2004 - 07:46 PM

If it suits the game, then i don't mind. I'd would not mind telepathy in any C&C game, but if i'm playing Shogun Total War and some crazy man starts telepathizing my army, i would not be pleased :ohmy:

If you want a poll, ask a question and let people reply with there views. Static forum set polls can't be posted in Open Topic as this forum is for conversing, not clicking.

#3 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:48 PM

Any psychic should get in bullet in that grey matter inside the skull.

IMHO it ruined the whole sequel.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#4 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 11 November 2004 - 01:40 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*starts thinking of Medieval: Total War with psychic powers*

#5 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 08:03 PM

<runs away screaming>

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#6 Ruff

Ruff
  • Members
  • 185 posts
  • Projects:Ra2: Revenge

Posted 18 November 2004 - 11:07 AM

a good game with it in is

Second Sight for PS2....but thats no RTS

#7 Slye_Fox

Slye_Fox

ConRed Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,357 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion, CnC: Condition Red, Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn
  •  The fluffy fox of Revora.

Posted 18 November 2004 - 11:18 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*Slye_Fox hide behind bullet proof glass*

#8 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 06:28 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*Slye_Fox hide behind bullet proof glass*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<loads armor piercing bullets to get Sly behind his bullet proof glas>

Posted Image

#9 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 18 November 2004 - 09:17 PM

kewl action fest!

<picks nice sniper rifle and walks into a clocktower and aimes a red laser at the mad cat>

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#10 Slye_Fox

Slye_Fox

ConRed Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,357 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion, CnC: Condition Red, Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn
  •  The fluffy fox of Revora.

Posted 18 November 2004 - 10:36 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*Slye_Fox see Andre with the Armour pircing gun and run to his tactical nuclear bomd shelter.*

On a side note,
I am actully psychic, no joke. I have precognitive powers, although I have no control over them. I see images of the future, and I can't control what I see. Damn it, I want the lottery numbers.

#11 Rawlo

Rawlo

Word Smith

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  as it turns out, was never actually a convict, go figure.

Posted 19 November 2004 - 05:33 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*Slye_Fox see Andre with the Armour pircing gun and run to his tactical nuclear bomd shelter.*

On a side note,
I am actully psychic, no joke. I have precognitive powers, although I have no control over them. I see images of the future, and I can't control what I see. Damn it, I want the lottery numbers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

prove it what's my real name or pridict some thing that going to happen (preferably in central western Queensland, Australia)

To add to that I actually know a couple of phycics I evan know a telekenetic but there are so many fakes out there not many people are gona beleive ya without proof.
The Least I Could Do - We all wished we were like this at one point
Ctrl+Alt+Del - A webcomic for the gamer in all of us
A final good night Burnie, sleep well mate, rest in peace
Goodbye Tig, you are sorely missed.
Goodbye to you aswell till, you'll also be missed

Xeno, RIP mate
"I'm going to go on the record and say that any substance abuse problem which creates women like that is ok by me"

#12 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 19 November 2004 - 07:02 AM

Wooo, go-go merge posts. If you want to continue the psuedo battle, I'll move this to spam.
:)
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#13 Skywaters

Skywaters

Schnell, Schnell, Kartoffelkopf!

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Projects:Command Imperium
  •  Eccentric Philantrophist

Posted 19 November 2004 - 08:17 AM

Enter Mastermind. Your Forum Daddy :)
Posted Image

#14 Ruff

Ruff
  • Members
  • 185 posts
  • Projects:Ra2: Revenge

Posted 19 November 2004 - 05:17 PM

" although I have no control over them. I see images of the future" - The fox guy

"prove it what's my real name" - Rawlo
"pridict some thing that going to happen" - Rawlo

1)Telling someones name is psychic powers if he see's into the future
2)He has no control over them

these 2 facts mean you suck at life.

#15 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 19 November 2004 - 06:29 PM

I have precognitive powers, although I have no control over them. I see images of the future, and I can't control what I see.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same with me. The odd glance of the future while i dream. A few months later it happens. Loads of people have this.

Science calls it dajavo, but i call it precognition.
Precognition makes more sense. You have a well know situation and you make a prediction.
Dajavo makes no sense. A memory skip would happen after the event, not before.

#16 DaX

DaX
  • New Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 08:12 PM

no scientist call it deja vu. deja vu doesnt really the same as prediction. prediction is knowing what is going to happen while deja vu is feeling that a new situation has already happened. and guessing someones name isnt being psychic. and I dont beleive people are actually psychic.
Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

#17 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 19 November 2004 - 08:28 PM

I have some times where I know what's about to happen. I don't call it psychic. I call it being able to forward-think.

You can't really count deja as psychic.

DaX, I think D refers to a different phenomenon. I've never heard of dajavo though. I'd just say it's dreaming. He says he sees the future when he dreams, but I would tend to treat that sort of term with caution, given a certain other member who has frequented this board...

Cognition refers to thinking. So precognition works more for a Deja sense. Ie, you're thinking something happened before (ie, pre), not exactly 'knowing'.

There is such a thing as dumb luck, y'know :shiftee:

I would agree with DaX's last statement, tbh. If they were indeed psychic, they would know everyone's future, and would be using their power in some way shape or form.

And I have long refuted the idea that fate is predetermined. I don't like the idea that my road is paved out for me. On that ground alone I would be disinclined to believe one who said they knew my future.
If they said something, I'd take it with a pinch of salt. If it turned out to be true, however, I'd obviously take more notice.

#18 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 23 November 2004 - 12:58 PM

Deja vu is a phenomenon people encounter in their subconscious minds. Complicated to understand, but it's believed to not actually occur. Also, it's believed to not be remembered until the event has happened, which could mean it is simply a naturally occurring side effect of living.

As far as full out telepathy... it's pretty impossible. The human brain is too complex to read like a book, and there's too much spare information.

Then again there's a 1 in about 40 billion billion chance that I'll walk through a wall or a door...

Edited by MSpencer, 23 November 2004 - 12:59 PM.

Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users