Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 14 November 2004 - 12:27 AM

Hey.. ya finally made it! ;)

Fellow DoW AI scripter/coders, general LUA gurus, and everyone else interested in the modding capabilities of Relic's new blockbuster War40k-based RTS, WELCOME TO OUR NEW HOME!

Feel free to look around, grab a coffee or wine (beer is still chill'n in the icebox), and make yourself at home!

Here is where we can freely discuss our coding/scripting ideas and make DoW a far more pleasurable skirmish experience rather than the usually typical one!

I'll be your Moderator for this evening err.. ever so I'll be happy to participate and watch as the Emperor releases the lions/hounds into the colosseum. :sleep:

Enjoy all and I'll be around...

T.
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#2 kreative

kreative
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 12:49 AM

Great!

Will this be a readonly forum for others?
To keep order we should have a thread where only contributors to the ai project have access.

#3 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 01:02 AM

Great!

Will this be a readonly forum for others?
To keep order we should have a thread where only contributors to the ai project have access.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That can be done although we'll need to have everyone first be here to see who the main players will be. There are many good scripters/coders to show here + I doubt we'll have too many commoners, yet! We'll have those requesting *features* but thats expected at the start.

Give it a few days and we'll make an enterprising decision on our next moves.

Btw, glad ya could me it out! :sleep:

#4 ultramoose

ultramoose
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 05:47 AM

Hello there ;)

Hoping to contribute to a kickass AI. Looking forward to discussions/ideas re: DoW ai improvements.

My motivation to alter the AI is partly to see what I can get it to do and also to build one that kicks the ass of most players :sleep: .

We'll need some specific goals... number 1 for me has been trying to map out the API calls. It would be really nice if Relic released some docs on them but I don't want to rely on that. In the meantime I'm happy altering its build orders and tactics files.

The biggest obstacle for me is all the good games available at the moment. Between UT2004 tournaments, DoW, War3, Kohan2 etcetera. HL2 comes out this week... argh!

#5 Flenser

Flenser

title available

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • Projects:Dawn of War AI Skirmish

Posted 14 November 2004 - 10:42 AM

Hi all!

I am enjoying messing around with the AI, as the lua language is not too hard for an old BASIC hack like myself :sleep:

My main goal at the moment - although this may be running before I can walk - is to add a new race - the Cadian Inquisition - to the AI, and if you want to see where I am at take a look at my post here - http://forums.relicn...ead.php?t=47649 (post #7)

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. I can provide copies of the .ai files I have modified (15 in all) or created (just the one) if anyone would like to see them.

I also think we should map the ai files, and perhaps even produce fully commented versions of them all (although much of the comments would be supposition or plain guesswork at this stage).

Looking forward to helping!

Flenser

#6 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 14 November 2004 - 11:18 AM

Hey thudo! Nice to see you're back in business, even if its another game!

One question : Why don't you release what you have so far with your ZH AI ? Lion's almost released his, Akkrand has left.. I think that would be a good option.

Btw.. I assume since you called this the DoW AI SDI that you have opened a new branch of the SDI itself? If so, nice job :sleep:

Once BfME is out and I've acquired it, I shall have to worship, pray, bribe and kindly ask D to make a site for it - with this and the Gen\ZH division clearly displayed of course.

Edited by Mithril, 14 November 2004 - 11:21 AM.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#7 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 14 November 2004 - 03:14 PM

Once BfME is out and I've acquired it, I shall have to worship, pray, bribe and kindly ask D to make a site for it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And that deserves its own topic in the hostees forum :sleep:

#8 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 04:27 PM

What my plans are in the next couple of days is to go through each of the AI-related files and give a brief outline what each of the files does. Fortunately, many of them are small while some are multiple of pages. This will hopefully aid people in understanding what each of the .ai files accomplishes.

Also, I will be discussing what kind of STRATEGY TEMPLATES/PERSONALITIES we can use for an AI player so it sets one up randomly OR would be nice to pre-select it in the pre-game lobby under where you select OPEN/COMPUTER/CLOSED.

More on this shortly.

#9 Deathblow Luc

Deathblow Luc

Unique

• Undead
  • 3,768 posts
  • Division:Ex - Network Leader

Posted 14 November 2004 - 04:28 PM

Me likes this. Maybe whenever i get more time after the remaining two weeks of class and the parties, we can open up a DoW mapping division.

Anyway, best luck, man.

Margret Thatcher - Fenring's the one for me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#10 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 05:04 PM

Me likes this. Maybe whenever i get more time after the remaining two weeks of class and the parties, we can open up a DoW mapping division.

Anyway, best luck, man.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey.. An ADMIN who has DoW! Cool! About 5 days ago, Relic released the long anticipated MOD TOOLS so maps are now coming out. Give it 1-2 months and damn there will be some awesome maps to use. Mods will take a little longer as models, textures, and animating them with the many DoW anims will take time. Still.. progress is ongoing.. Not bad considering DoW is now 2 months old!

#11 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  • Projects:siteMeister, Mental Omega
  •  The wise guy

Posted 20 November 2004 - 10:59 AM

Good show people. Im getting DoW very soon so maybe i can contribute some. Hope to learn many things with you guys.

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

#12 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 06:27 AM

Thinks are a little slow around here but progress is being made outside at present. The biggest development is another DoW Mod project actually got a new civ in the game to run with AI scripts - AND IT FIGHTS WELL! This Mod is the Cadian Inquisition v0.44 (latest) and it represents a huge step in importing a new race into DoW and allowing the AI to thrive!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users