#21 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:36 AM

Jesus...never even got a chance to reply to Mithril lol. Darn you argumentative folks :p (Says me!)

I'm certain there is something very interesting between the subatomic and the strings.

Spiral, how do you define "sick" ? I'm trying to find out what you compare it with - for one cannot say "this is very sick" when he doesn't compare it with anything.

You need a kind of zero-point, like centigrade is attached to the melting point of water. If the zero point in the definition "sick" is the normal everyday life of a "traditional" human being, is this an objective point of view with which you have the ability to draw conclusions effectively?

Zero point? o_0 No, I'm comparing it to the general scale of things. Think about it.
This 'monster' who has imagined all of us to star in his little soap opera has, through the figments of his imagination, manage to simultaneously kill several thousand people every minute. He has sent millions of men to their deaths throughout the course of history's wars, set about Hitler, his Holocaust and countless other atrocities. He has created the atomic bomb, a force that has become powerful enough to eradicate just about everything that lives on this planet, forged disease, hunger, poverty and suffering, all of which are designed to make human life end, or failing that, a complete hell. It has created pain, grief and hatred, designed to drive us to make human life end, and also to destroy us mentally.
It has made our world slowly but surely succumb to us via pollution, deforestation and chemical weapons against the pre-existent wildlife.
Not to mention what it's done to countless billions of other living things throughout the course of the universe's history.

That sounds like one REALLY sick mother fucker to me.

#22 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 28 November 2004 - 03:01 PM

Sounds like the being is being realistict to me. A world without evil would be boring.
My utopia is the world we live in now. A balance between good and evil.

#23 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 28 November 2004 - 03:19 PM

I myself was born 200-500 years too soon.

#24 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 03:51 PM

Realistic...tch. Realistic from your point of view. This monster could just have a sick sense of humour, and live in a world without pain or suffering, rape, murder, genocide, famine, pestilence or any other evil.

I wouldn't say this world is a particularly good one, D. Nor do I think everyone is happy in it. Therefore it ain't a Utopia.

#25 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 28 November 2004 - 04:47 PM

Utopia is different for everyone. Like each persons reason to live:
Some people seek adrenalin.
Some seek love.
Wisdom.
Sex.
And some people seek nothing and are quite boring.

My utopia is a balance between the suffering and the happyness.
You utopia might be a world with only happyness (how boring).

#26 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 28 November 2004 - 05:29 PM

So other people suffering so you enjoy life more is perfect for you D?

#27 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 05:32 PM

Call it something other than Utopia. Utopia is a world where EVERYONE is happy.

I'd define a world perfectly tailored to the desires of one as 'Nirvana', though I understand that may defy your beliefs.

My perfect world would not be in the least bit perfect. Because there'd be no way to appreciate the rose, for it'd have no thorns.

Also, think of this:
If you had never known any form of suffering, would you still crave a balance of it?
Or if suffering were removed entirely from your life and you were left with just bliss, you aren't seriously telling me you'd want to suffer again.

#28 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 28 November 2004 - 08:04 PM

You sound like you are just expecting bliss to happen. There is a flash and suddenly the whole world is perfect?

"Nothing worth doing is easy."

The bliss you are expecting must be worked for, else it can not be appreciated. To work toward bliss, you first need evil. We must all work, united together, to banish the evil. That time is now, the current world. I want to work to destroy the evil.

I do not want to just wake up and be in bliss.

So this world, with both good and evil, is my utopia.

#29 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution

Posted 28 November 2004 - 08:45 PM

The question is what defines happiness. Could we be happy without any evil? Is happiness just a comparison to when we are feeling sad and it is all relative to one another. Pain is just when our body doesnt feel normal, for all we know our body could be experiencing pain all our lives but we ignore it because it occurs all the time. Surely if we didnt know what it was like to feel sad, we wouldnt know when we were happy. We only fully appreciate happiness after going through all the sadness.

#30 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 08:45 PM

No. I don't expect it to happen. Why would I? It would be incredibly naive of one to imagine that they get ANYTHING they want in this life.

I find it strange you think me so unintelligent as to believe that that would happen.

Nobody will EVER achieve the bliss I speak of. It is impossible. It is a world where, literally, none would HAVE to work. HAVE to suffer. It is just a world where everyone is happy because they can be.
That's my utopia. Because everyone's happy.
But, just like pretty much everything, it's impossible. I don't expect anything in life whatsoever. I expect ab-so-lutely nothing from it. Because that way, I won't be disappointed when it does not deliver. As it has not delivered the past 16 years I've been alive.

Your last post contradicts itself. You want there to be a healthy balance of good and evil, yet you want all that is good to work to destroy all that is evil? What will you do once there is no evil to destroy? Create more evil? o_0

Apart from that, I never mentioned good and evil once. Evil would include death, disease, poverty, etc. Basically all the reasons I said that monster was a sick twat. And all stuff that, in everyday life, you can't get rid of completely.

To get rid of all evil, you must first die yourself. That way you don't see it, hear it, speak it or commit it. Simple.

#31 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 28 November 2004 - 09:25 PM

Surely if we didnt know what it was like to feel sad, we wouldnt know when we were happy. We only fully appreciate happiness after going through all the sadness.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That that is why my utopia is the world we live in now, as it has both.

Spiral Dream,

I don't expect anything from life, so it's up to me to get things for myself - i get things from my own hard work.

You don't expect anything from life, and you don't get things for yourself - so you always have nothing.

I prefer my way :rolleyes:

#32 DaX

DaX
  • New Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 12:30 AM

Spiral Dream,

I don't expect anything from life, so it's up to me to get things for myself - i get things from my own hard work.

Your On the doll right??
Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

#33 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 29 November 2004 - 12:40 AM

Those forms are very hard to fill in :rolleyes:

#34 DaX

DaX
  • New Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 05:11 PM

You need a kind of zero-point, like centigrade is attached to the melting point of water.

sorry but melting point of water?

Edited by DaX, 01 December 2004 - 05:11 PM.

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

#35 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 06:18 PM

Your On the doll right??

;) pwn3d

You don't expect anything from life, and you don't get things for yourself - so you always have nothing.

How do YOU know? o_0 You don't know me. I could be anybody. I get things from my hard work, which I apply at my own discretion. Life hasn't given me anything. I don't expect it to. That doesn't mean I'm not trying to take things from life.
I'm at college. I'm a student. In two year's time I'll have 4 A-Levels in the bag (hopefully! :D). Then, I'm out of here. I'm working towards my own ambitions in my own way. I won't 'always have nothing'. I will have whatever it is I want to achieve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users