11 replies to this topic

#1 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 22 November 2004 - 12:20 PM

First of all i would like to say it is very good mod. I really like it. But it is a lot of work is requited to finish it.

Lets consider gameplay.

1. In the begining you have one skill point and no choice. You can purchase defcon 5 only. What is it made for? Better to make defcon 5 purchased from the begining. Also it is possible to make auto purchase.

2. In the begining you have good defenses and weak attack force (infantry only). When you attack you have 90% chance to lose yout soldiers. In this case your enemy will gain experience, but you will not gain anything. Consiquently the best strategy in the begining is to wait your enemy to attack. Imagine all sides use this strategy. It must be fixed somehow. For example weaken defenses and make the upgrade that will strengthen defenses. The upgrade must be available when defcon 2 or defcon 3 purchased.

3. Sides have too many units with the same purpose. For example, there are MLRS and artillery. What for do i need MLRS if i already have artillery with longer range? Another example is tanks. Light tank, heavy tank, mammoth tank. I build heavy tanks only and it is more than enough. Light tanks, IFV and Mammoths are useless for me. Of course some players will prefere mammoth tanks, but heavy ones will be useless for them, and etc.

Edited by Creator, 22 November 2004 - 12:21 PM.

#2 The_Hunter

The_Hunter

Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

• Hosted
  • 849 posts
  • Projects:SWR Productions

Posted 22 November 2004 - 02:18 PM

First of all i would like to say it is very good mod. I really like it. But it is a lot of work is requited to finish it.

Lets consider gameplay.

1. In the begining you have one skill point and no choice. You can purchase defcon 5 only.  What is it made for? Better to make defcon 5 purchased from the begining. Also it is possible to make auto purchase.

2. In the begining you have good defenses and weak attack force (infantry only). When you attack you have 90% chance to lose yout soldiers. In this case your enemy will gain experience, but you will not gain anything. Consiquently the best strategy in the begining is to wait your enemy to attack. Imagine all sides use this strategy. It must be fixed somehow. For example weaken defenses and make the upgrade that will strengthen defenses. The upgrade must be available when defcon 2 or defcon 3 purchased.

3. Sides have too many units with the same purpose. For example, there are MLRS and artillery. What for do i need MLRS if i already have artillery with longer range?  Another example is tanks. Light tank, heavy tank, mammoth tank. I build heavy tanks only and it is more than enough. Light tanks, IFV and Mammoths are useless for me. Of course some players will prefere mammoth tanks, but heavy ones will be useless for them, and etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. Sound like a good idea and that should not be impossible to implant :rolleyes:

2. we allready planed something for that in the next release in defcon 5 you will have weaker defences and in defcon 4 or 3 you will gain acces too stronger defences :huh:

3.for the aerosians they have an artillery too clear buildings of enemy infantry while the mrls is more for destroying buildings

swr_sig.png

#3 Agile

Agile

title available

• Project Team
  • 944 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 08:17 PM

1. Good idea, although it's not a huge problem

2. Never realized this, nice catch. Although, with some careful coordination you can sneak around your enemy's defense perimeter and wreck some serious havoc.

3. More units add diversity. The cost difference makes it so that you can have less effective units cheaper if that's what you want, or an elite group of heavy tanks.
Posted Image

#4 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 22 November 2004 - 09:23 PM

1. It keeps things consistent with all the levels

2. I'm planning to replace the missile battery with a bunker, and move the missile battery to Defcon 4 or 3, and make the bunker and Ebres defense more vulnerable to missile infantry.

3. I'm planning a bit of rearranging, mainly moving the mammoth and MLRS to Defcon 2, to make the heavy/medium's more useful.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#5 jimmy_pat1403

jimmy_pat1403
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 09:29 PM

1.  It keeps things consistent with all the levels

2. I'm planning to replace the missile battery with a bunker, and move the missile battery to Defcon 4 or 3, and make the bunker and Ebres defense more vulnerable to missile infantry.

3. I'm planning a bit of rearranging, mainly moving the mammoth and MLRS to Defcon 2, to make the heavy/medium's more useful.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. I like the Defcon Research System, very unique.

2. It would be good to have two types of defenses, an infantry bunker and a defense battery.

3. I like the ammount of units, its a nice feature.

#6 The_Hunter

The_Hunter

• Hosted
  • 849 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 10:07 PM

here is a screenshot of the aerosian bunker if anyone would like to see it :rolleyes:

Posted Image

swr_sig.png

#7 Stino

Stino

AKA Stink_o

• Hosted
  • 1,421 posts
  • Projects:Blitzkrieg II:The Finest Hour (BlitzII:TFH)
  •  Doer of Things

Posted 22 November 2004 - 10:12 PM

You mean a "render"? Looks very good for ur first attemp mr hunter.
Posted Image

#8 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 23 November 2004 - 04:18 AM

Here are a few other ideas I have. For Aerosia, at Defcon 4 a helipad with a transport helicopter with the combat drop ability, for building clearing. For the Ebres, a special forces unit with the ability to clear buildings and a good range and power gun to combat infantry. If you have any ideas, feel free to share.
:rolleyes:
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#9 The_Hunter

The_Hunter

• Hosted
  • 849 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 08:31 AM

one thing MM there should be an defcon 5 building clearing weapons since it's almost impossible too clear buildings at that level :\

swr_sig.png

#10 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2004 - 07:51 AM

How about an infantry armed with only a knife that is invisible when not moving and can clear buildings when he gets close to it(the range needed for an infantry to go in a building)?

#11 The_Hunter

The_Hunter

• Hosted
  • 849 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 09:05 AM

How about an infantry armed with only a knife that is invisible when not moving and can clear buildings when he gets close to it(the range needed for an infantry to go in a building)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i allready spoke too MM about this for the ebress we might add an mortar soldier for the Aerosians we still net too dicuss ;)

swr_sig.png

#12 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2004 - 08:09 AM

I also want to ask why tanks have a farther weapon's range than sight and why does the special powers not show up on the side like General skills.

This mod also have no units capable of capturing tech buildings; maybe add them to the rifle infantries?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users