25 replies to this topic

#1 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 07:19 PM

Post em here. :rolleyes:

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#2 KaRsKiN

KaRsKiN

One man modding machine...pfft!!

• Hosted
  • 208 posts
  • Projects:C&C: Origins
  •  Skivvy!

Posted 29 November 2004 - 09:19 PM

I have a question about D-Day...I've been looking at the the unit lists and the amount of units you've added is awsoeme (i think ive spelt that wrong btw) BUT are they all going to be buildable in one battle?

If they are its going to generate a hell of a lot of lag! Espeacially for us with slower machines...
Posted Image

#3 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:31 AM

There's going to be a gamemode in which everything can be build, but in the "regular" gamemodes only a handfull of them is buildable.

Each country will get 1 tank, 1 Infantry killer, 1 Ack Ack etc.

This should reduce the lag on the slower machines. The reduce lag even further you can copy the mix-files from the CD into you directory. Off course this is only an option when you've got enough diskspace.

Edited by Andre27, 30 November 2004 - 12:34 AM.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#4 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 08:05 AM

in skirmish games , when you have a computer controled ally , it seems that it is alot less agressive than the enemy AIs and sits around doing nothing for a long while.
will the D-Day AI solve this ?
apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

work is sacred...so don't go near it.

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2004 - 02:41 PM

Will there be a remarkable difference between rifle and machime-gun infantry ?

Will there be trenches ? and are these buildable, mqybe garissonable buildings with the wall-coding (buildable in rows, corners)

Will there be barbedwire ?

What are the different Infantry classes ?
AFAIK there wasn't any effective AA infantry, though there was AT.

Will there be 'engineers' and will they have any special capability except for capturing buildings ?

#6 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 07:09 PM

in skirmish games , when you have a computer controled ally , it seems that it is alot less agressive than the enemy AIs and sits around doing nothing for a long while.
will the D-Day AI solve this ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll do my best.

Will there be a remarkable difference between rifle and machime-gun infantry ?

Will there be trenches ? and are these buildable, mqybe garissonable buildings with the wall-coding (buildable in rows, corners)

Will there be barbedwire ?

What are the different Infantry classes ?
AFAIK there wasn't any effective AA infantry, though there was AT.

Will there be 'engineers' and will they have any special capability except for capturing buildings ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To my best of knowlage: yes.

Trenches are buildable, but afaik no decission has been made to include/excude them.

Barbed Wire is already in Ra2/YR therefor yes.

There will be engineers, but their abilities will remain a closely guarded secret for now. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#7 8doczzz1

8doczzz1

Pessimist

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Projects:...are for noobs

Posted 30 November 2004 - 10:11 PM

The RA2/YR "barbed wire" was just a fence with barbed wire on it. What about actual RA1 style military barbed wire...?

#8 Major_Gilbear

Major_Gilbear

God-Emperor of Dune

• Members
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 01:42 PM

The barbed wire will look different to that in RA2 (just as the terrain and buildings will).
I think Andre's comment was really meant to imply that such things are already possible in RA2, so will therefore be in DDay (like garrisoning of buildings for example).

#9 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 02 December 2004 - 05:30 PM

Yes there is proper barbed wire, in fact all the walls have been replaced with new Gfx. Trenches are not buildable (might change later) & are already placed on a few maps.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 DaEm0NuL

DaEm0NuL

Gameing my life to the end of it

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 05:39 PM

I was thinking it is possibile that every shot fired to cost ?

#11 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 07:19 PM

do you mean "is it possible to make each shot fired cost money ?" ;)
sounds like a pain to me.
apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

work is sacred...so don't go near it.

#12 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 07:39 PM

I was thinking it is possibile that every shot fired to cost ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is not possible. It is possible to get "maintainance costs" for each building in the base ;) So build wisely. :D

Posted Image

#13 KaRsKiN

KaRsKiN

One man modding machine...pfft!!

• Hosted
  • 208 posts
  • Projects:C&C: Origins
  •  Skivvy!

Posted 02 December 2004 - 07:55 PM

Hmmm sounds good...will tanks have ammo like in real life? So you have to resupply them via a mobile ammo truck...;) this has turned from a question into a idea!
Posted Image

#14 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 08:07 PM

Limited ammo is possible, but i'm not sure if i like the actual idea.

Supply truck with ammo aren't possible with the Ra2/YR engine.

Posted Image

#15 8doczzz1

8doczzz1

Pessimist

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Projects:...are for noobs

Posted 02 December 2004 - 11:01 PM

- ammo would just have to slowly auto regen...

It actually makes sense. If you have a bunch of tanks go through a battle, they will need some 'resupply' time before they are fully battle capable again.

#16 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 08:19 AM

But adding ammo would mess up the armed Infantry Transports.

Posted Image

#17 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 03 December 2004 - 03:21 PM

Also it would mess up the units with two weapons... which is about all of them

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Major_Gilbear

Major_Gilbear

God-Emperor of Dune

• Members
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 04:00 PM

Bleh, all that faffing about with ammo-counts really isn't worth it TBH.
In the case of specific units (like minelayers or aircraft), it works well. For most units however, it is unnecessary complication for no real benefit. Really, if you want that sorta thing, go and play the Sudden Strike games.

#19 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 03 December 2004 - 04:12 PM

which game damn annoying :grin: (SS)
Posted Image

#20 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 08:09 PM

SS is slow but d*** it does look good.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users