• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Major_Gilbear

Major_Gilbear

God-Emperor of Dune

• Members
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 06:09 PM

Well Code Red is being worked on, and coming along well.
It could use a little publicity, but I'm frankly too busy right now to mount a real hype-campaign.
Code Red could use a bit more input from fans though, and think that a review of the current build (including the latest addon pack that I've released) would help to get people informed and interested.
I could even get some exclusive shots of some units fighting it out to add to the review as a taster of the upcoming new version?

#22 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:57 PM

Yes, I can do the Code Red one... but I just wanna remind you that the magazine will be out in the end of the month, if we have enough content. So, could you send me the current build in 10 days? I'll be free from my uni and I'll be able to review it :grin:.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#23 Major_Gilbear

Major_Gilbear

God-Emperor of Dune

• Members
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 08:27 PM

Both the last release and the update pack are on the CR website.

#24 Draco

Draco

Certified Chap

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Projects:The Battlegrounds 2, Contributing coder.

Posted 10 January 2005 - 12:22 PM

In a week or 2 PD's 4th beta version will be out, you can reveiw that:) don't you dare reveiw beta 3 though, its horrible comapared to what I'm cooking up :laugh:
Draco - part time code monkey. Currently a contributing coder to BG2
Posted Image

#25 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...

Posted 10 January 2005 - 04:44 PM

We are seriously in need of someone who owns HL/HL2, has a better spelling than I :laugh:, is experienced in half life community and can spare few hours by playing some of the HL projects and reviewing them.

Is anyone able to apply? Or should I post it in the jobs forum?
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#26 Jorg40

Jorg40

<3 REVORA <3

• Hosted
  • 2,284 posts
  •  Zero Poster

Posted 17 January 2005 - 02:48 PM

Both, LMAO.. :blink:

#27 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 12:41 PM

So, can you review Hivemind in one week?
Project Perfect Mod

Posted Image

#28 Jorg40

Jorg40

<3 REVORA <3

• Hosted
  • 2,284 posts
  •  Zero Poster

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:37 AM

For the moment I can only review HL1 mods... My HL2 crashed because I was playing a bit too much with the code ;)

#29 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 26 January 2005 - 09:49 PM

Hivemind is HL1.
:cool:
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#30 Jorg40

Jorg40

<3 REVORA <3

• Hosted
  • 2,284 posts
  •  Zero Poster

Posted 26 January 2005 - 10:51 PM

Hey I didnt say that "Hivemind" was HL2 :cool:

#31 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 01:59 AM

Since I'm getting no help in the moment, I'm doing all alone, so, it's being done slowly... The Mod of the Month is Code Red 0.95.1 (very nice mod, MG). I might also be reviewing few other mods:

From Revora:

- Mental Omega 1.0
- Internal Destruction 1.5
- Allied Generals RA1 Mod

From PPM:

- Tiberian Sun: Total War 1.1

Interview:

- ReGeneration (Immoman, I'll send you the questions soon*... but not now because I'm really overloaded)

Uplink Reviews (links to external reviews)

- Return of the Dawn 2.3 (by PlanetCnC)
- Return of the Dawn 2.3 (by CnC Central)
- Defcon 1.0 (by CnC Central)

Tip Of The Magazine

- Making new factions tutorials at The 3rd Age.
Project Perfect Mod

Posted Image

#32 Vader6

Vader6
  • Project Team
  • 232 posts
  • Projects:TheCentauriCrisis

Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:09 PM

I have HL2! (I wish I had a way to get some real publicity for my mod because TCC really needs it, jorq, v0lk0v, and Generalalexacetao are the only guys posting in my forum regularly) main issue is that none of my staff can put out content fast.
Posted Image
Vader6- The Centauri Crisis Skinner/Concept artist

#33 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 03:56 PM

I am reviewing Mental Omega at the moment... If anyone could review Hivemind, I'll be happy. We still don't have any HL2 thing to review...
Project Perfect Mod

Posted Image

#34 Calamity_Jones

Calamity_Jones

Boomers Disposable Minion

• Project Team
  • 2,399 posts
  • Projects:Only War 2
  •  The Lurker-Turned-Poster-Turned-Lurker

Posted 08 February 2005 - 11:57 AM

how often do you do these reviews if you dont mind me asking??
Posted Image

#35 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 04:14 PM

I have to admit that, although I've played many mods, I'm running mod networks for over 2 years and working on mods for over 4 years, this is the first time I'm really doing reviews. My first review is the Code Red one that you can see in Revora Mod Magzine forum, although I didnt uploaded the new set of pictures that I took.

I play the mod for 2, 3 days... I also research the documentation (manual, site) and then, I try to see things in a POV of a modder. It's a little harder to me to write reviews in english because my native language is in portuguese, so, I'm publishing the result here to get the opinion of the author and some help with my english mistakes.

If you have any suggestions on how to make better reviews, go ahead and say it. I'm open for new opinions :p.
Project Perfect Mod

Posted Image

#36 Calamity_Jones

Calamity_Jones

Boomers Disposable Minion

• Project Team
  • 2,399 posts
  • Projects:Only War 2
  •  The Lurker-Turned-Poster-Turned-Lurker

Posted 09 February 2005 - 12:58 PM

i always find myself ashamed of my language skills when theres people like you speaking seamless english when its not your native language. Your english is better than that of some who speak it as a first language:P

I would have thought you english too. Thats perfect english as far as I'm concerned... I'm terrible at forgein languages... we were made to learn french at school which I despised:P

us ignorant english...:p

ill have a read of that review:D

Edited by Calamity_Jones, 09 February 2005 - 01:00 PM.

Posted Image

#37 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 04:26 PM

Thanks. I still have some serious trouble to construct sentences in english and few other gramar and spelling confusion... specially related to double letters.

I hope you enjoy the review. I'm finishing the one for Mental Omega very soon. I wanna start TSTW today.
Project Perfect Mod

Posted Image

#38 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 09 February 2005 - 05:13 PM

Just post them here, I'm happy to run them through Word and give them my own once over.
:p
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#39 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 09:42 PM

If you wonder why I haven't posted the Mental Omega review yet... meh... I'm stuck on what I should write about the AI.... As far as I rated it, I'm probably giving 71/100... it's a great mod and I liked a lot, although I prefer Code Red....
Project Perfect Mod

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users