#21 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 27 December 2004 - 12:50 PM

Yes, but the Archer looks better driving around backwards were as the Laffy would just look silly

Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 02:07 PM

I has the same problem: gun pointed backwards.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#23 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 02:27 PM

need to find something else then...
what else did they have in the way of tank destroyers ? , that ACL TanksRus found , american M10s ? :blink:
apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

work is sacred...so don't go near it.

#24 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 03:02 PM

We're looking at this problem (staff forum). The major issue is: Do we want France in the early war era which gives France a lot of unique vehicles, but kind of puts them at a disadvantage to the other countries whose weapons had 3-4 years more of development or do we choose for the Free French army setup which kind of equals the playing field for the french, but makes use of a lot of US equipment.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#25 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 27 December 2004 - 04:05 PM

it's better to add an French Army from 1940... Free Frnch Army had a lot of things from other countries.

7fqd2Qz.png

#26 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 04:08 PM

didn't some of their equipment that they managed to save get re-armed later on in the war ?

I see 3 options on how to make france

-"France as it really was from 1940 -1945" , with mostly US stuff

-"France 1940" ,as they were at the begining of the war , wich puts them at a disadvantage against the other countries

-"alternative reality France" where they still have their own designs etc, but with theoreticly possible improvements , basing yourselves on how the UK and US evolved, like having 75mm guns instead of 47 mm on their tanks for example.

EDIT : interesting link :
http://france1940.fr...rmee/otdb1.html

come to think of it , I don't think that france is that much disadvantaged compared to Italy and Japan IMHO , they could go in as they were in 1940 with some of these prototypes etc added in to the mix (ARL44 , ACL gun , ARLV39, G1R , AM40P ... lots to choose from)

Edited by wilmet, 27 December 2004 - 04:51 PM.

apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

#27 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 05:13 PM

didn't some of their equipment that they managed to save get re-armed later on in the war ?

I see 3 options on how to make france

-"France as it really was from 1940 -1945" , with mostly US stuff

-"France 1940" ,as they were at the begining of the war , wich puts them at a disadvantage against the other countries 

-"alternative reality France" where they still have their own designs etc, but with  theoreticly possible improvements , basing yourselves on how the UK and US evolved, like having 75mm guns instead of 47 mm on their tanks for example.

EDIT : interesting link :
http://france1940.fr...rmee/otdb1.html

come to think of it , I don't think that france is that much disadvantaged compared to Italy and Japan IMHO , they could go in as they were in 1940 with some of these prototypes etc added in to the mix (ARL44 , ACL gun , ARLV39, G1R , AM40P ... lots to choose from)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Those are all options we're looking into and compared to Italy and Japan, France would do pretty good.

Take the US, British, German and Soviet development into account however and even the more progressive tankdesigns from 1940 are a sad story. :blink:

Posted Image

#28 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 01:59 PM

still , I definately would prefer to see the french with their own stuff than with leased US stuff.

#29 Rattuskid

Rattuskid

I used to be somebody noteworthy... I think

• Members
  • 1,064 posts
  • Projects:Osmium (mostly dead), Immunizer (crib death) and Spritezkrieg (also crib death)
  •  Rattus Norvegicus (bitch)

Posted 29 December 2004 - 05:31 AM

Couldn't you have the backwards thing deploy to fire, and thus have it reverse when it deploys?
Being a total douche.

#30 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 03:11 PM

I kind of like that idea , if it works of course.

#31 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 09:06 PM

Couldn't you have the backwards thing deploy to fire, and thus have it reverse when it deploys?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's like putting a bullseye on it saying"Here i am. Shoot me, I'M STANDING STILL"

A TD needs it's speed to survive, making it deploy to fire would make it roadkill. :)

Posted Image

#32 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 10:04 PM

well , inthe case of the archer , it looks more like its meant to hide behind some trees and shoot...just my opinion though :)

#33 8doczzz1

8doczzz1

Pessimist

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Projects:...are for noobs

Posted 31 December 2004 - 11:17 PM

A TD needs it's speed to survive, making it deploy to fire would make it roadkill

Every vehicle in the game attacks while not moving...
Do you really expect people to fire a single shot with these things, then have them move around somewhere to fire again? Tactics in RA2??

Mobile fixed weapons WOULD work quite well, but this would turn TD's into towed anti-tank type weapons.

I suppose it's a fundamental problem with TD's (meant to be fast and mobile IN battle), and the RA2 engine (where speed just means you get TO the battle faster). Balancing then has to be done through range/dmg adjustments, I would imagine, making this all irrelevant...

Edited by 8doczzz1, 31 December 2004 - 11:18 PM.

#34 Rattuskid

Rattuskid

I used to be somebody noteworthy... I think

• Members
  • 1,064 posts
  • Projects:Osmium (mostly dead), Immunizer (crib death) and Spritezkrieg (also crib death)
  •  Rattus Norvegicus (bitch)

Posted 01 January 2005 - 08:01 AM

You can have things fire on the move in Ra2, there is a tag for it.
Being a total douche.

#35 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 09:15 AM

A TD needs it's speed to survive, making it deploy to fire would make it roadkill

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No they don't or at least they don't need to.

Do you really expect people to fire a single shot with these things, then have them move around somewhere to fire again? Tactics in RA2??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1-2 shot before having to save their butts. Yes

Posted Image

#36 8doczzz1

8doczzz1

Pessimist

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Projects:...are for noobs

Posted 01 January 2005 - 07:31 PM

Yes, some vehicles (turreted tanks, for example) are CAPABLE of firing while moving, but let's experiment.

Select a ground unit. Any.

Click on an enemy unit.

Does your unit strafe while attacking, or does it stand still.

1-2 shot before having to save their butts. Yes 

This is simply too innefficient in a tank rush game. It's fun to dance around an enemy base and play 'tactics' for awhile, but in the end you're better off with just a hold the line, 'fight to the death' type of thing.

I'm not willing to micromanage the actions of every individual unit I command.

Edited by 8doczzz1, 01 January 2005 - 07:31 PM.

#37 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 01 January 2005 - 07:33 PM

Mobile fixed weapons WOULD work quite well, but this would turn TD's into towed anti-tank type weapons.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is exactly why I’m not going to make the Laffy like that, you would have two units that do the same job

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most of the light/med vehicles can fire while moving

Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:17 PM

he has a point about the tank rushing, i mean that battle between russian t-34's and german tanks wasn't really mobile ...
Posted Image

#39 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 04 February 2005 - 06:32 PM

Tank rushing is a lot harder in D-day then normal RA2 & retreating in a bad situation is a very advisable option. Units also cost more & take longer to build so it’s pritty stupid to go kamikaze with a bunch of tanks that took you 30min to build. You might as well pull them back after a while fix them up & send them back in for more...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 Tanks R us

Tanks R us

I'm not as think as you drunk I am!

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Projects:Wolf Pack 3D (Grrr...)

Posted 08 July 2005 - 02:34 AM

Tank rushing is a lot harder in D-day then normal RA2 & retreating in a bad situation is a very advisable option. Units also cost more & take longer to build so it’s pritty stupid to go kamikaze with a bunch of tanks that took you 30min to build. You might as well pull them back after a while fix them up & send them back in for more...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually if you mass war factories, medium tanks can be pumped out at a decent rate. I'm not saying its easy though (Those are things I noticed in the 3.2 version... ah memories... when there was only Germany and Britan semi done)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users