Blitzkrieg II needs an AI coder

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Biohazard_*

Guest_Biohazard_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2004 - 03:34 AM

Hey all, as the new leader of Blitzkrieg II, I'm on a hunt for an AI coder. Blitz II has a good history of having a pretty good AI for a mod, thanks almost solely to the work of RVmech. Well, times change and RVmech is no longer among us. We're hoping to release a new version in the relatively near future, and we need an AI coder that can teach the one we have how to work with the new stuff, and perhaps do a bit of cleaning and editing as well. The forums are at http://www.derelictstudios.net/forums - either PM me there, send me an email at buzzbuggy(@)hotmail( dot )com or IM me at said MSN address, RA2Biohazard on AIM or post a comment in the Blitz II or Job Openings forums. Thanks for your time!

-Biohazard

#2 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 16 December 2004 - 05:28 AM

So has Smurf quit work on Blitz2 to work on Blitz3? or has he left completely!?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Mongoose

Mongoose

TFH rOCks

• Hosted
  • 785 posts
  •  OMG I'M MEMBER NUMBER 189

Posted 16 December 2004 - 05:52 AM

bad place to come bud. No help from me, unless you guys want to merge with TFH then you can use our AI men Mithril and Mac then we could also shear models and skins with each other and other things with out making any real change other than having no corpaiton. so it means we can get the best of both mods but with 2 differnt gameplays. you woulndt even have to change your name nor your team or forums. if you are intrested PM or IM me. :) and snice smurf has isnt the leader anymore he has no say over what you do :rolleyes: :p it would be a bad idea to miss out beacuse we have some good models that you guys don't have. :blink:

MSN: mattrulz_00@yahoo.com.au

Edited by Mongoose, 16 December 2004 - 06:04 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Guest_Biohazard_*

Guest_Biohazard_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2004 - 09:05 AM

Smurf has moved onto Blitz III. He is no longer a significant player in Blitz II's development, which is a good thing for those wanting a bit more historical accuracy. It's possible he'll do some skinning, but that has yet to be seen.

As for you Mongoose, if you're the same Mongoose that bit the hands of everyone trying to help him way back before the Rivalry, then I've already decided no. Forgive me for trespassing on your territiry; I forgot, Revora isn't here to make mods, it's here to compete with Derelict Studios. Of course I couldn't get help here trying to get a bit more publicity for modding in general that would help every modder out there. Silly me, I should have realized you were still caught up in petty disputes over great big important nothings. As for those models, show me something 1/4 as good as Flyby and Tebrey can create and then perhaps I'll stop rolling on the ground laughing at that remark.

#5 killakanz

killakanz

Infamy!

• Hosted
  • 1,369 posts
  • Projects:Infamy!
  •  They've all got it infamy!

Posted 16 December 2004 - 09:13 AM

I'm willing to bet money he was gonna post up one of my models, but saying that he wont now :p
Posted Image
New Tutorial Online Now!! Check it out!!

#6 Mongoose

Mongoose

TFH rOCks

• Hosted
  • 785 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 10:08 AM

Oh so the tabels have turned. but you must know when you guys where trying to "help" us you were also trying to kill us and banshish me from my own mo witch was absloutly poo :p but when i offer a deal it's a no with out even thinking that you tryed riping me off and i'm giving you fear deal were nothing really gets lots other than the fact that we help each other out. but hey just for info i'm not copmairing something that flybuy CAN make i am compering with what you have MADE and put ingame. :p

As for killa you need to pull your head out and take a look at what you have becom, honestly charging money just to do models and renders is stupied your not as a good as you think you are, why would we want to pay you when we can find somone just as good willing to make models and renders for free. your not a modeling god nor are you the best so unless you take a good look at what you have become you wont gain any respect.

Edited by Mongoose, 16 December 2004 - 10:09 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 16 December 2004 - 12:01 PM

Look he said no ok, now dont you have a mod or something to make...

Any way Bio I hope you do register here, it’s normally quite a friendly place ( :p ) & I would love to know what you think about D-day’s progress

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 killakanz

killakanz

Infamy!

• Hosted
  • 1,369 posts
  • Projects:Infamy!
  •  They've all got it infamy!

Posted 16 December 2004 - 12:23 PM

As for killa you need to pull your head out and take a look at what you have becom, honestly charging money just to do models and renders is stupied your not as a good as you think you are

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You might wanna turn that round Mongoose. I was given an Autodesk award for my work and as we speak I have actual game developers expressing intrest in me. I may well have a career working for a gaming developer as soon as next month. I never once said I was a god at modelling. I've spent 5 years of my life doing this, that's a quarter of my life, 2 of which studying it hard at college. So I'm qualified to say that I know what I'm doing here, plenty of people are willing to say that I'm pretty good at it. Wether you like it or not I'm turning professional, you'd better accept it. Dont talk down to me just because I refuse to work for you.

I was joking about charging you money simply cos you were ordering me to work instead of asking. I don't make a good sub-ordinate and I hate being ordered around, so unless you change your attitude I'm not working for you unless I get something worthwhile out of it.

Edited by killakanz, 16 December 2004 - 12:29 PM.

Posted Image
New Tutorial Online Now!! Check it out!!

#9 Phoib

Phoib
  • Members
  • 29 posts
  • Projects:Blitz2, Blitz3, TW2

Posted 16 December 2004 - 12:43 PM

bad place to come bud. No help from me, unless you guys want to merge with TFH then you can use our AI men Mithril and Mac then we could also shear models and skins with each other and other things with out making any real change other than having no corpaiton. so it means we can get the best of both mods but with 2 differnt gameplays. you woulndt even have to change your name nor your team or forums. if you are intrested PM or IM me. :p and snice smurf has isnt the leader anymore he has no say over what you do :ohmy:  :p  it would be a bad idea to miss out beacuse we have some good models that you guys don't have. :grin:

MSN: mattrulz_00@yahoo.com.au

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry, but the offer for cooperation expired in March.

#10 Mongoose

Mongoose

TFH rOCks

• Hosted
  • 785 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 12:50 PM

like i said, it wasnt cooperation it was killing TFH. also killa i want ordering you about that render i was just asking you if you made it yet beacuse stino tolf you to make it about 2 weeks ago. and as for you mig eater i stoped asking him after my first post.....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 16 December 2004 - 01:11 PM

As for you Mongoose, if you're the same Mongoose that bit the hands of everyone trying to help him way back before the Rivalry, then I've already decided no. Forgive me for trespassing on your territiry; I forgot, Revora isn't here to make mods, it's here to compete with Derelict Studios. Of course I couldn't get help here trying to get a bit more publicity for modding in general that would help every modder out there. Silly me, I should have realized you were still caught up in petty disputes over great big important nothings.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some people here rather resent that. Not all of us are here to compete with DS. You might want to be careful before making blanket statements like that. And Mongoose, either get over your grudge or ignore this.
:p
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#12 Mongoose

Mongoose

TFH rOCks

• Hosted
  • 785 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 01:17 PM

well he has his own forums to ask for help on, why come here if it has people like me.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 16 December 2004 - 01:34 PM

Because it also has people other than you who support DS and the Blitzkrieg team (as well as TFH).
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#14 Guest_Biohazard_*

Guest_Biohazard_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2004 - 03:42 PM

but you must know when you guys where trying to "help" us you were also trying to kill us and banshish me from my own mo witch was absloutly poo :p

I was reffering to all the times you and your team were vicious to Flyby and I long before Smurf decided to try and kill you off.

I would love to know what you think about D-day’s progress

If this is the RA2/YR D-Day we're talking about then I've been given a taste of it - Rattus sent me some screenshots of the new voxels. After fetching my jaw from the floor, the only word I could utter for quite some time was something along the lines of "dayumn...". I was *really* impressed.

Some people here rather resent that. Not all of us are here to compete with DS.

Indeed, you're right, and I realized this about three minutes after I'd made my second post. I apologize to all the other Revora members out there who just so happen not to be Mongoose; I do know better and there are a lot of great people here.

well he has his own forums to ask for help on, why come here if it has people like me.

Legend speaks of a day in which Mongoose will go away and there will be much rejoicing and Revora will be the world's premier modding network. However, sadly enough, that hasn't happened yet. Despite that though, from what I hear this is one of the best places on the 'net to go for advanced modding for Generals/ZH and I figured even if I did get a few pathetic flames from some amusingly resentful members, I'd probably find a few decent people as well.

#15 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 16 December 2004 - 04:36 PM

Pity I wasn't around when this thread was made..

I cannot stress enough how much I want to express the following fact:

The SDI is and will remain neutral in terms of providing services of any kind - no one is privileged.

It is very foolish to say this is a bad place to come here, Mongoose.

As I've said above, the SDI is neutral in this aspect and therefore I, and possibly other scripters, will help anyone having trouble with the blitzkrieg AI if a request is made.

I will simply not tolerate statements like that, Mongoose, so cut it out.

merge with TFH then you can use our AI men Mithril and Mac

I'm not TFH's property, yet again that can be derived from the above rule. Try to see things in unison rather than in separation.

By the way, Biohazard, welcome to Revora and the SDI :p

Edited by Mithril, 16 December 2004 - 04:51 PM.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users