Generals vs ZH

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MadJammer

MadJammer
  • New Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 03:50 AM

How much different is it in editing/modding Generals than Zero Hour?

#2 FK47

FK47

o____0;

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 04:05 AM

I doubt it would be much different, same engine, same units, plus some additions, if you know how to mod Generals then you'll only have to learn a few new units, a pretty easy task.

#3 MadJammer

MadJammer
  • New Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 05:03 AM

Actually, it will be the other way around...I can't say how well I know modding but I know a little

#4 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution

Posted 18 December 2004 - 11:38 AM

If you can mod one, you can mod the other. Zero Hour adds some new things allowing for a bit more variation (the listening outpost isnt possible in generals) but also removes a couple of minor things. But essentially they are one and the same.

#5 Guest_ImmoMan_*

Guest_ImmoMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2004 - 12:17 PM

Just try it out. If you get an error, then you know you did something ZH-specific. :grin:

#6 MadJammer

MadJammer
  • New Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 10:41 AM

So am I correct in the fact that where ZH uses individual ini files, like AmericaVehicle, AirForceGeneral, etc - Generals puts all that info into the FactionUnit.ini?

#7 Guest_ImmoMan_*

Guest_ImmoMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:17 AM

Yes, but that doesn't matter. Generals would read all of ZH's files too. Both games just read anything that's in the Object folder. So the best thing you could do is just empty out FactionUnit.ini (like ZH already did) and then copy the ZH object files to Generals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users