#1 the_kid

the_kid

L337 Pwnerer of N00bs

• Project Team
  • 1,734 posts
  • Projects:freelancing between what interests me
  •  + TRIPLEhelix

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:06 AM

I dunno how many of you play Return of the Dawn but its a TS mod that brings td back to life. It uses its own executable so you don't need to uninstall it for a different mod or anything. But the disadvantage to a new executable is that my no-cd crack is now worthless for rotd. So I took my revierse engineering skills and cracked it. I've contacted reaperrr to ask if I could distribute it to the public but while I wait for his responce... who wants it? I'm going to have sk8erkid test it again tonight just to be sure it works all dandy and then I'll send it to whoever needs/wants it.

#2 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:12 AM

LOL if you weren't from that continent I would say you have no life :)

Sorry for the spam, I could not resist.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#3 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 01 January 2005 - 01:32 AM

Rename the Dawn.exe into game.exe, use the crack and rename it again to Dawn.exe :). No big deal... works in the same way.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#4 the_kid

the_kid

L337 Pwnerer of N00bs

• Project Team
  • 1,734 posts
  •  + TRIPLEhelix

Posted 01 January 2005 - 06:25 AM

no it doesn't because dawn.exe is a cracked version of game.exe. He used a hex editor to crack game.exe to load the dawn mix files... I could do it that way if I rename every dawn mix and then I would have to uninstall rotd every time i wanted to play a different mod, or no mod. Now I can play TS (or whatever mod I have attached to it) or Rotd without any switching, just click dawn.exe. It was really quite brilliant of Reaperrr to make the mod that way, I just had to go out of my way a bit to make it so I could play it without the cd.

#5 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:49 PM

I'd definately want it.
I've been hoping someone would make one.

#6 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 01 January 2005 - 07:02 PM

no it doesn't because dawn.exe is a cracked version of game.exe. He used a hex editor to crack game.exe to load the dawn mix files

- I know, but this doesnt affect the crack. The crack only changes the CD protection part, which Reaperr didnt edit. Do what I say, renamed the original game.exe to something else. Rename Dawn.exe to game.exe. Use the crack. Rename game.exe to Dawn.exe and rename the original to game.exe...
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#7 the_kid

the_kid

L337 Pwnerer of N00bs

• Project Team
  • 1,734 posts
  •  + TRIPLEhelix

Posted 02 January 2005 - 12:56 AM

that won't work because it checks the status of the file... if its different than the game.exe that its suppose to change then the offsets would be off, and it would terminate. I've tried something similar, with patching different versions of the game with an crack for an earlier version, because game.exe is now different it will refuse to crack.

Download:
http://www.cnc-centr...vilHorseman.zip

EvilHorseman is lame I know, but I didn't take the time to think of a good cracker alias. Read the Readme, as you need a few files from the cd.

oh and mithril... I have no life. Football-internet-guitar-food is my life.

Edited by the_kid, 02 January 2005 - 01:01 AM.

#8 Sk8erkid

Sk8erkid
  • Hosted
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 01:11 AM

Works here :) and banshee, he is right about the renaming the exe and using the normal crack not working.

#9 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 02 January 2005 - 02:35 PM

Yay!
Nice one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users