Multi-Selection issue of USA units

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FleetCommand

FleetCommand
  • Project Team
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 05:43 AM

When I select a group of standard USA units in the game, which can produce drones, I still have drone production buttons. When I add this group a unit from Airforce General, which can produce drones, I still have these buttons. However, when I add a unit from Superweapon/Laser General, which can produce drones, I don't have these buttons anymore.

Does any one know why?

#2 Guest_ImmoMan_*

Guest_ImmoMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2005 - 09:11 AM

It only happens when an ability has the exact same commandbutton. As long as every unit in a group has the same button (and it is marked OK_FOR_MULTI_SELECT) then you'll see the button for all units. But if even one of them doesn't have the button, then it won't show up.

In this case, the airforce general's tanks still have the regular Command_ConstructAmericaVehicleScoutDrone, the same as normal USA tanks. But the superweapon general uses SupW_Command_ConstructAmericaVehicleScoutDrone, and the laser general uses Lazr_Command_ConstructAmericaVehicleScoutDrone. So if you were to put the standard button on all of them, then it should work. They all point to the same stuff anyway, it's just the commandbutton's name that's different.

#3 FleetCommand

FleetCommand
  • Project Team
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:12 PM

Thanks, ImmoMan. Your note about OK_FOR_MULTI_SELECT was worthy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users