happy birthday. northern germany here

#23 giskard

giskard
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 11:39 PM

Have a good one Corisix :p

Thud:
Edlar, in my mod i took all the aspect stones upgrades and combined them into just 2 upgrades, one for vehicles and one for aspect warriors. This seems to have helped the AI a lot. But its mod tweak not an AI tweak.

Also with this change the AI gets to build thise uber units on most medium to large maps a lot of the time. I have even seen the Orks uber units rampaging around. Not see choas uber unit yet but ive seen landraiders, 2 of them to be exact from one marine chapter attack another AI.

If the skirmish AI isnt building them with the changes you already made then perhaps lurkin is right about the build queue being too big.

BTW those replays i pm'd you the links for show the stuff your after appearing in my mod automatically. No changes on my part to directly influence them has been made. Its a case of extra resources enabling them more often.

Giskard

#24 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 08 February 2005 - 12:22 AM

I'm gonna drop the turret construction in the buildorder (I know this will make the AI build many more troops) although my reason for turrets was because we could not create them in a base without the buildorder. Now I believe Larkin has fixed that with his latest script to me. We'll also now have 2 Aspect Portals that should help.
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#25 LarkinVB

LarkinVB

title available

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 05:59 AM

I suggest 2 initial turrets and a good balance here

if num_turrets < 15 and 
 resource_manager:GetResourceAmount():Get( ResourceAmount.RT_Requisition ) > 250 and 
 resource_manager:GetResourceAmount():Get( ResourceAmount.RT_Power ) > 100 then

My code will build at home by default if there is no advanced LP near enemy. So this example will build 13 additional turrets, be it at LP or at base for low req/power requirements. I grabbed it from page1 of this thread. I use a max 10 turret limit with 400 req and 200 power limits to build a turret. Therefore 300/150 might be a good mid value.

I also suggest makeing the limits a global value in the AI level buildbasestrategyinfo.ai so they can be changed for different AI levels.

Edited by LarkinVB, 08 February 2005 - 06:03 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users