Photo

Multiplayer Scripting/Prepositioned Assets?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deluge01

deluge01
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 06:15 PM

Greetings, all.

I'm a newbie at C&C Gen's ZH editing.

Been fighting this issue for a few weeks now. Here's what I want to do:

Create a multiplayer map where:
-there's no resource gathering
-players start with lots of units
-I can script things like "If a unit owned by player 1, 2, 3, or 4 enter this area, then give that player X points and remove that unit"

My problems are these:
-I can't get units to be owned by a player at the start of a game - they just sit there, unowned
-I can't seem to get even the most basic of scripts to work in a multi game. I've tried every tutorial I can find and read/re-read the guide that EA put out for the worldbuilder. Nothing seems to work... it's as if my scripts are being ignored.

I may be doing something fundamentally wrong here... after I finish a script, does it need to be exported? Am I supposed to create units via script (instead of pre-position them)? Help!

Much appreciated!!

--deluge01

#2 Guest_MaDDoX_*

Guest_MaDDoX_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2005 - 04:41 AM

Apparently map scripts can only affect skirmish players, not multiplayer ones. I did some tests exporting some things to the multiplayerscripts.scb file, but that also didn't seem to work. So bottom line is that I'm as stuck as you, just wrote this so you wouldn't feel alone :p

-MaDDoX
---------------------------------- ---- --- -- -
Boss Generals lead designer

#3 Babasparks

Babasparks
  • Project Team
  • 20 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

Ahhh Im having a similar problem! :( Sucks ass! I want AI units to follow specific paths and attack other units in fixed areas during a skirmish game. How would this be done exactly?

I didnt notice the year, holy cow :p

Edited by Babasparks, 14 May 2012 - 02:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users