Animating

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zerolimit

zerolimit
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 05:38 AM

Hey, im just wondering how to get model animations to work ingame and to set them to idle, walking/ moving, etc.

ive made a simple hover animation to my Hover MRLS and now i want to see it in-game.

#2 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 23 February 2005 - 06:08 PM

You need to export your Model as a Hierarchal Animated Model, then you will want to go into the code for your your unit, add it to one of the condition states, and add Animation= W3D.W3D, and AnimationMode=Loop.
:grin:
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#3 zerolimit

zerolimit
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:35 AM

Ok thanks for that. ive tried that before but didnt work. perhaps i missed somthing, anyways ill try it again.

#4 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 25 February 2005 - 04:13 PM

Alright, are you using vertex level animations? Unless you use a W3D spacewarp for an infantry type animation, vertex level animation isn't supported by W3D. You have to use individual objects. http://killasmods.game-mod.net has a good tutorial on basic animating.
:p
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#5 the_kid

the_kid

L337 Pwnerer of N00bs

• Project Team
  • 1,734 posts
  • Projects:freelancing between what interests me
  •  + TRIPLEhelix

Posted 28 February 2005 - 12:29 AM

I remember I did some animation for a building I made for a mod once... it was quite cool and I liked it, however its been a while since I've done any modeling or animating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users