• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 Lavskaegge

Lavskaegge
  • Project Team
  • 177 posts
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 02 March 2005 - 08:04 PM

Admiral GT maybe I could send the files my to u so u can see whats wrong with em... cant summon heroes from the citadel. :(

#42 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution

Posted 02 March 2005 - 09:12 PM

Did you add the necessary lines to it's commandset. It currently doesn't have anything it in's commandset so it won't be able to build anything. Edit it's commandset and you should be able to build heroes. Look at the other citadel commandsets as a reference if need be.

#43 Moria_Goblin256

Moria_Goblin256
  • Project Team
  • 136 posts
  • Projects:Drums in the Deep, A Moria Faction mod for BFME. Status: 5% (Beta availible to staff ONLY)

Posted 02 March 2005 - 11:50 PM

Did you add the heroes you wanted to be built to PlayerTemplate.ini?
Posted Image
"Drums..... Drums in the deep. We cannot get out. The shadow moves in the dark. We cannot get out. They are coming."

"Drums in the Deep" Project Leader

#44 Lavskaegge

Lavskaegge
  • Project Team
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 02:28 PM

lol ye offcourse :)

#45 Lavskaegge

Lavskaegge
  • Project Team
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 02:29 PM

tnx.. I have no commandset for it so I must create one. what should I name?

#46 Moria_Goblin256

Moria_Goblin256
  • Project Team
  • 136 posts
  • Projects:Drums in the Deep, A Moria Faction mod for BFME. Status: 5% (Beta availible to staff ONLY)

Posted 03 March 2005 - 03:07 PM

If its for the citadel, you just need to use GenericKeepCommandSet.
Posted Image
"Drums..... Drums in the deep. We cannot get out. The shadow moves in the dark. We cannot get out. They are coming."

#47 Lavskaegge

Lavskaegge
  • Project Team
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 04:05 PM

OK tnx .. did it work for u?

and what should I put as

1=
2=

?

#48 Lavskaegge

Lavskaegge
  • Project Team
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 04:43 PM

Ok ive put this in the commandset.ini

CommandSet ElvesCampKeepCommandSet
1 = Command_GenericReviveSlot1 ;Revives any hero. Use Slot1-Slot8 and keep them UNIQUE within the same commandset!
2 = Command_GenericReviveSlot2 ;Revives any hero. Use Slot1-Slot8 and keep them UNIQUE within the same commandset!
3 = Command_GenericReviveSlot3 ;Revives any hero. Use Slot1-Slot8 and keep them UNIQUE within the same commandset!
4 = Command_GenericReviveSlot4 ;Revives any hero. Use Slot1-Slot8 and keep them UNIQUE within the same commandset!
5 = Command_GenericReviveSlot5 ;Revives any hero. Use Slot1-Slot8 and keep them UNIQUE within the same commandset!
6 = Command_GenericReviveSlot6 ;Revives any hero. Use Slot1-Slot8 and keep them UNIQUE within the same commandset!
7 = Command_GenericReviveSlot7 ;Revives any hero. Use Slot1-Slot8 and keep them UNIQUE within the same commandset!
8 = Command_GenericReviveSlot8 ;Revives any hero. Use Slot1-Slot8 and keep them UNIQUE within the same commandset!
9 = Command_StartCitadelSelfRepair
End

nothing happened :(

p.s does it mather were I put it?

Edited by Lavskaegge, 03 March 2005 - 04:45 PM.

#49 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2005 - 06:24 PM

Hmm.. the GenericKeepCommandSet always worked for me.... Odd.

#50 Moria_Goblin256

Moria_Goblin256
  • Project Team
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 06:27 PM

Sorry, wasnt logged in :)
Posted Image

#51 Lavskaegge

Lavskaegge
  • Project Team
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 07:26 PM

strange .. add me on msn .. Lavskaegge@hotmail.com

#52 jaao

jaao
  • Members
  • 91 posts
  • Projects:youngsql.elite team

Posted 05 March 2005 - 06:17 PM

If you use rohanlegolas on your elvish team and rohan, it may not work. but if you just copy him, and change hes objectname rohanlegolas to elvenlegolas . try it.. it may work?? :-----S
The norwegian elite is in the house

#53 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2005 - 03:41 PM

WB only loads part way and then exits when I start it. What could I have done

#54 Ereinion2

Ereinion2
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 07:13 PM

I've been having some problems with the new faction, and I was hoping I could get some help. First off, the elves don't show up as selectable when I play a skirmish. I added the strings to my lotr.csf file and saved it, but the elves still don't show up. I've had the same problem with adding Gil-galad as a new hero, because although I added his recruiting tooltip and hotkey, they still show up as missing in the actual game. I took out the englishpatch.ini file, but the .csf file doesn't seem to be making any difference.

I also tried copying the genericelveskeep from your first tutorial and putting it into the goodfactionbuildings.big file, but I get an error when the game tries to start, and it doesn't show up in worldbuilder. I tried making an elven farm in worldbuilder, but the when the HEX editor opens my base file, all I see is a bunch of jumbled letters and numbers.

Finally, I added a picture to the asset.dat file using the asset builder, but the picture still doesn't show ingame.

Sorry, I really am kinda stuck, and hopefully these problems aren't really complex or anything :unsure:

Well, thanks in advance for any help! :)

#55 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution

Posted 07 March 2005 - 10:10 PM

You need to remove the original file it references before it will read your new extracted files. I'm not entirely sure after patching, but you might have to remove both.

What's the error message, it doesn't crash mine and other people have gotten it to work. Are you sure you removed INI.big so it doesn't try to read files from it?

It probably isn't reading the code to display it. It's probably in asset.dat but isn't reading the code. That or you didn't put it in Art\Textures so it doesn't know where it is.

#56 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 08 March 2005 - 09:42 AM

Well, the new Moria Goblin faction is takin off, lol. Rohan was Moria's first victim (Seems Rohan is used as a punching bag quite a bit, lol). Goblins start out with three hordes of Swordsmen, since they pretty much are the weakest of the starting hordes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tell us what you did to allow the new faction to start with 3 hordes of your choice. I think it would be important for the forum to know. :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users