2 replies to this topic

#1 LarkinVB

LarkinVB

title available

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 09:19 AM

How about this :

We already started to split the AI files into personalities and skill levels. Why not seperate them completely ? There will be a common barebone cpu_manager.ai which will load totally independant files for each AI.

This will allow to match different AIs against each other for evaluation and can be much fun.

Each AI is numbered from 1001 (1000 is player) to 1007 already. If we dynamically load ALL files like already shown with LoadStrategyInfo() we are much more flexible. We should agree on a common folder structure, expl :

ai\1001\strategies\...
ai\1001\plans\...
.complete tree for 1001

ai\1002\strategies\...
ai\1002\plans\...
.complete tree for 1002

etc

With no different AIs the content of 1001 to 1007 will be identical. If I want to match my AI against Thudos I put mine into 1001 and Thudos into whatever suits the map/number of teams.

Its important that Relic will fix setting starting locations and even better allow all slots to be AI but this concept will work without within some limitations.

Edited by LarkinVB, 01 March 2005 - 04:21 PM.

#2 giskard

giskard
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 06:01 PM

I thought about that approach but the work load goes up 10 fold with each new personality. To make entire AI trees would make it go up 100 fold.

The UP side is that any AI designed for use this system could in theory be dropped in so one person would not have to make them all.

giskard

#3 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 01 March 2005 - 09:34 PM

I'm creating the 5 AI personalities for HARD, HARDER, and INSANE (equals to 45 .ai files) so when we reach a common structure it'll be as easy as cut/paste. Still.. we will need a standard structure especially as new faction mods start arriving awaiting evolution to far more advanced scripting!
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users