Goblings climbing walls (again)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 RedNalDron

RedNalDron

The freindly newbie helper

• Project Team
  • 171 posts
  • Projects:Drums in the Deep, A Moria Faction mod for BFME. My status: Beta tester/web designer

Posted 05 March 2005 - 07:23 PM

hi there i have some questions...

1. is it possible to make a summoning spell that summons a ladder allredy attached to the wall? (use summoning spell on walls).....

2. is it possible to make the ladder die after a group of goblins climb it?.....

A: is it possible to make them auto climb it???(the goblins use summon power on wa ll and auto climb up the ladder)
B: is it possible to make it no cancible (they must climp wall after summoned ladder)

4. is it possible to make the ladder invisible???

5. is it possible to make the goblins spread out on the wall while climbing ladder???

6. is it possible to make only the goblins that summoned the ladder can climbe it???

thats all.....

please reply..... and please write how to do it too.....
Posted Image

"Shadow and flame."

"Drums in the Deep" Beta tester

#2 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 05 March 2005 - 09:50 PM

Actually if you adjust thier locomotor to allow impassable surfaces then they climb but the look funny.

#3 RedNalDron

RedNalDron

• Project Team
  • 171 posts
  • Projects:Drums in the Deep, A Moria Faction mod for BFME. My status: Beta tester/web designer

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:26 PM

if i use locomotor are they going to use the normal walking animation or the climbing one when they go ower wall?
Posted Image

"Shadow and flame."

#4 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 06 March 2005 - 12:20 AM

that's the weird part, Halabrad told me, they aren't actually climbing. You may have the change the kindof in the gondor/roham wall types. I've not trully played with that yet.

#5 Ugbluz

Ugbluz
  • Project Team
  • 93 posts
  • Projects:Drums in the Deep, A Moria Faction mod for BFME. Currently: A beta tester and a new mapper

Posted 14 March 2005 - 10:46 PM

Ahh, well if you can make all terrain impassable to moria goblins, with the height factor, that would really be good, and just like how they act in the movies, even if it does look rather strange, however if you make a river impassable, then they could walk over that... would have to be height only.. somehow i dont think thats possible, but i may be wrong.
Posted Image

"They have a cave troll"
"Drums in the Deep" Beta tester and Mapper

Posted Image

#6 RedNalDron

RedNalDron

• Project Team
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 01:16 PM

that's the weird part, Halabrad told me, they aren't actually climbing. You may have the change the kindof in the gondor/roham wall types. I've not trully played with that yet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have looked the orc in a siege tower dont have climb animation but the uruks have when they climb a ladders!!
Posted Image

"Shadow and flame."

#7 MTB

MTB
  • Project Team
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 03:53 AM

Kinda confused about what some of you guys posted.. and not sure what locomotor is, but you could put the postern gates, the ones that are invisible by enemies (and you can make them invisible to you, ive seen it) which enemies cant pass, and you can. I think it would need some coding though on making it go on a pillar like they do in the movie. They did this (but not height) on one custom map, where you are guarding one of the signal posts of gondor.. there are two side exits, where you can go thru, but the enemy can't. You can't see anything but rocks.
Posted Image

#8 RedNalDron

RedNalDron

• Project Team
  • 171 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:09 PM

Kinda confused about what some of you guys posted.. and not sure what locomotor is, but you could put the postern gates, the ones that are invisible by enemies (and you can make them invisible to you, ive seen it) which enemies cant pass, and you can. I think it would need some coding though on making it go on a pillar like they do in the movie. They did this (but not height) on one custom map, where you are guarding one of the signal posts of gondor.. there are two side exits, where you can go thru, but the enemy can't. You can't see anything but rocks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

uhm were just trying to get golbins to climb enemy walls (easy if i use locomotors but whit no animation)

ohh and locomotors is were units can walk and not walk (different one's for almost all units, soldier locomotor, nazgul locomotor and all the others)

(whit locomotors you can make units that walk on water and walk up walls)

Edited by RedNalDron, 09 May 2005 - 05:12 PM.

Posted Image

"Shadow and flame."

#9 MTB

MTB
  • Project Team
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:33 PM

Ohhhhhhhhhh
I see now :p
Posted Image

#10 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 10 May 2005 - 09:41 PM

The tutorial on locomotors shows alot of the existing terrain types. Add them and that will add the terrain type.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users