#1 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 15 January 2004 - 03:52 PM

Reality is whatever you want it to be. It is the awareness of your surroundings, and events in those surroundings. Are things that you see and hear real? Only if you believe they are. Reality is your perception of the world around you.
:)
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#2 Skywaters

Skywaters

Schnell, Schnell, Kartoffelkopf!

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Projects:Command Imperium
  •  Eccentric Philantrophist

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:05 AM

I'm curios, as in 17 years of life Reality has been described and referred to in so many different ways so yeah, how do you define reality?

My opinion:

"Reality is just another word we use just to describe something we don't understand. Reality can be anything at anytime if that's how you are, or it can be nothing and everything if that's how you feel. For me Reality is just an illusion, for Reality is a unique and different perception to everyone elses"

~C
Posted Image

#3 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:29 AM

Reality is your perception of the world.

#4 Lancaster

Lancaster
  • New Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 03:47 PM

IMHO, Reality is whatever you believe is the opposite of unreal/surreal or whatever. (I'm breaking my head again, thinking is hard you know?:))

Kindof what Detail said ...

#5 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 15 January 2004 - 05:27 PM

Budist's say "the world is what you make it", this refers to reality. If you think your unlucky - shit things will happen to you. If you think your good looking - people will be attracked to you (unless your ugly).
I think thats right, thats what i've learned form watching Monkey.

#6 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 05 February 2004 - 11:55 PM

I definitelly agree with Detail on his both posts... and I can tell you more: You live in hell and heaven at the same time, but your mind chooses where you are :blinky:. Think about it.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#7 Ultimar235

Ultimar235
  • Hosted
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 10:42 AM

Watch Neon Genesis Evangelion the final episodes and it pretty much helps you work it out.

#8 the_kid

the_kid

L337 Pwnerer of N00bs

• Project Team
  • 1,734 posts
  • Projects:freelancing between what interests me
  •  + TRIPLEhelix

Posted 29 January 2004 - 04:14 AM

your mind can make (almost)anything happen, if you eat something and you find something gross on it then you think "that nasty, now I'm going to get sick", you will get sick. But if you just get your mind off it, you probably wont, unless its something deadly...

It works with benchpressing. You can wake up in the morning and have trouble getting up 185 2+ times, then you could think about it all day, show up 6 hours later and get up 190 with no problem at all (trust me it works).

Reality is whatever you make it, and your mind can make just about anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users