Crazy Ideas

• Please log in to reply
1138 replies to this topic

#81 Guest_Ace22_*

Guest_Ace22_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:54 PM

Another upgrade for any air-to-air capable aircraft for the United States could be Advanced Pilot Training.  This would create all aircraft at veteran or higher status.

I like that a lot. the U.S. is well known for it's airforce, so why didn't that come with the game?

Any way to add a coaxial machine gun to Chinese and American tanks?

that would be nice.

Change the normal UH-60s to shoot out of their side doors instead of the front?

Vanguard should do that.

And Lord Bane, he can't make A.I. for them if he made them.

#82 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:10 PM

Sadly if I made the UH-60's fire from their side doors, they would have more polys (slower game rendering time) and there would be gay issues.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#83 Black Storm

Black Storm
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 11:29 PM

heres another idea for an upgrade

High Preformence Engine:Gives the Crusader and Paladin 20% more speed. US

Inferno Grenades:Allows the Red Guard to throw a fire grenade. China

Avd. Thrust System:Allows the Patriot Missile to fire more missiles. US

Bayonet Training:Allows the Red Guard to stap enemies with a bayonet. China

Enlarged Warheads:Gives 15% more damage to Patriot Missiles. US

#84 Black Storm

Black Storm
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 02:44 AM

here are some more

Survival Knife:Gives the Ranger a stabing ability. US

All-Terrian Treads:Allows the Battle Master to go over mountians(small ones). China

Plutonium Warhead:Increases the damage done by the nuke by 10%. China

Explosive Warheads:Increases the damage done by each Scud missile launched from the Scud Storm by 5%. GLA

Krypton Laser:Increases the time that the beam is active by 10 sec.(color change to black). US

Enhanced Engines:Increases the speed of the Helix by 15%. China

#85 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2005 - 03:54 AM

Titanium Armor: Increase Armor for the AH-64 Apache.

Longbow. Increase the missile capacity of the Apache, or increase reload rate.

Heavy Hummer. Instead of Overhaul, have the ability to choose per Hummer

Instead of having a dedicated Anti-Air defense fighter, how about this...use a converted F-22, upgraded similar to how the JDAM upgrade works. Equipped with a plasma screen that fools missiles and radars tracking the plane, the plasma shielding gives the pilot a few more crucial seconds to release its warload of HARM missiles. (Haven't the Russians been experimenting with something similar to this?)

Phased Array Radar System. For use on either the Air-Defense cruiser, or as a building, this would increase substantially the range of Patriots for Air-Defense and the cruiser. Or, this can be used to let the cruisers attack Scud or Nuclear Missiles, giving them a slight chance at an intercept.

The Marine. So far, you have the Ranger, the Marine and a Special Operations solder. Perhaps the infantry of the Americans should be streamlined? Seems to me they are ALL elite. Here's how I see it: the Marine is an expensive version of the Spec Ops with no additional abilities...perhaps return its detonator and C4, and rename it Green Beret? Would make sense...expensive as hell for infantry and can blow up anything he sees. The basic infantryman....Ranger or Marine? The Ranger would make more sense (no offense to any Marines out there), because the conflict seems to be an Army/Air force thing. As for the Spec Operations guy, perhaps rename him Marine?

Still looking for a good Close Air Support plane...that damn F-23 is great if it would not orbit. Perhaps add the ability to use a down-graded version of the AC-130 gunship?

Hedgehogs.

Remove the Firebase from the Americans entirely, and add a bunker similar to the Chinese.

#86 Mastyr

Mastyr
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 04:01 AM

You know, instead of asking them to do these things, you could go into the ini files of the mod and make the changes you like.

#87 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2005 - 04:25 AM

Hmm. Maybe I'll try.

#88 Black Storm

Black Storm
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 04:47 AM

hay we are just making some simple suggestions thats what this whole forum is for :D

#89 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:37 PM

Besides if they made the changes then they wouldn't be compatable online.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#90 madness

madness
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 06:59 PM

kamikaze airplanes for china that would be awsome

#91 madness

madness
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:02 PM

acid shower?maybe

#92 Mastyr

Mastyr
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:11 PM

ya, whatever... i just figured that some of these changes are tough, some impossible.... if you could do it yourself, then post the change on the forum - how you did it and what files you edited.. then they could decide if they wanted to put it in the next version of the mod...

Mastyr

#93 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:10 AM

I doubt on eith of those two ideas, mainly because of low end machines, for the ACID thing, and then for those Patriotic people for the Kamakazi thing, and I my self am one of those people, just don't give a rats ass about what others say about me putting that stuff in there. Anyways it would tak serious micro-management to get the plane to dive and detonate right.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#94 Bob

Bob

Marine Corps Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV)

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor, ZH Maps
  •  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Posted 22 April 2005 - 06:47 AM

More crazy ideas.

The M56 Coyote.

' CHARACTERISTICS: The M56 Coyote is a motorized system mounted on an M1113 Expanded Capacity High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV). ... The smoke generating system provides 90 minutes of visual and 30 minutes of infrared obscuration without resupply. The visual and infrared screens can deny enemy reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition (RISTA) devices information of troop strength, position, and movement and deny visual and infrared weapon systems kills on our combat units. A pre-planned Materiel Change to add a 30 minute millimeter wave obscuring capability will defeat enemy radar RISTA devices and weapon systems. ... '

Quote from:
http://www.fas.org/m...ys/land/m56.htm

--------------

The LAV-E Engineering Vehicle.

' ... LAV Engineering Vehicle (LAV-E) is to mobilize combat engineers and transport their equipment. ... Crew - Six: Driver, Commander, Four Engineers ... '

Quote from:
http://www.fas.org/m.../land/lav-e.htm

--------------

Local armor upgrade for the HUMVEE.
http://www.strategyp...os_20049223.asp

--------------

Armor upgrade for Dozer.
http://www.strategyp...tos_2005262.asp
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#95 Guest_Ace22_*

Guest_Ace22_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2005 - 11:52 AM

I don't see why you would want an engineering vehicle. you could just put six engineers in two humvees and a bunch of other troops, and they would all have at least four times as much firepower as that 50. caliber machine gun it has for armament. I do like the Coyote though.

many people have mentioned that they want a close air support plane. I say it should be the JSF, which was also meant to replace the A-10 when it was planned.

#96 Mastyr

Mastyr
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 12:08 PM

Unless somone wants to put serious work into it, you can only modify the exsisting properties. In order to be able to modify a vehicle, one needs to find the property somewhere else. That would be why the diving plane idea would be nearly impossible.

Mastyr

#97 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 22 April 2005 - 01:34 PM

It's not impossible, it would just take some serious animation and time, which I don't have with Graduation comming up. But I will be here for a year after that since I am gonna get a job then go to college.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#98 Mastyr

Mastyr
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 05:46 PM

what are you majoring in?

#99 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:04 PM

I'm still in High School, I want to major in Computer Science, Programming or game design.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#100 Mastyr

Mastyr
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:24 AM

I am going for computer science right now... only problem is the school believes haevily in windows applications... so i start out in c#...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users