#21 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 18 March 2005 - 09:58 PM

I bet Space Travel is going to play a major role in our later survival, the Earth will once become too small for it's population, a population which could already have consumed/destroyed much of Earth's resources.

Ha ha, doubt it. Even if it was we'd only move to another planet and destroy that.

Now Space Travel is like taking a walk around the block, you know where you're going, you've been there before and you'll be back in a quarter of an hour. What I mean is that the needs of life should be put into a spaceship, a small world, for it's passengers to survive a long way, so that even on board, astronauts are trained, childs are born, children are taught at schools, universities, high schools, markets, food should be produced, fuel shouldbe  created, Oxigen should be created and the carbon dioxide should be removed(maybe by plants)and so many more things. Also don't forget about the animals, you need males and females of nearly every sort, and which animals are you going to take with you, and which you won't ? It could create a major problem in the food chain, because you can't put all animals in one box on that ship.

I don't have any faith in space travel, the things you see in star trek etc aren't possible, how can you "fly" through a vaccum?

I think if anything happens we should stay on earth and accept the consequences of our ignorance, arrogance and stupidity of ignoring how fools like George W only made us step back as a race, not forward.

#22 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:09 AM

ROFL no chance of that. The polar ice caps melting won't cause a world flood, it will cause another ice age. We are half way there. Scientists reckon it only took 10degrees raise in temp to make the world go into an ice age millions of years ago. We have risen the temperature about 5.5degrees, they reckon a few more and we'll be well into starting another iceage. Its said it will happen this century, and i expect it will. Humans are too ignorant and arrogant to change, it will happen. Mankind, supposably we are the most intelligent animal on earth, but whats intelligence if we refuse to use it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could you explain that part of the scientists saying it will be an iceage instead of a worldflood.. I dont see a logic in it... :huh:

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#23 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 20 March 2005 - 12:05 AM

I think we will destroy ourselves by creating computers to intelligent. They will kill us all. :p

:mellow:

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#24 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 08:01 AM

OMG like in matrix teh machines build them selfs and are intelligent, and want to like wipe the fuck of human butt..?
Lol I actually think this could be all to damn possible!
Machines already build machines, who knows, when make a thinking computer, it could just use that to build his own evil minions! Oo
Laff... So NEXUS style..

#25 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 20 March 2005 - 09:27 AM

What would be ironic is that it gets announced that Great Britain can host the next olympic games in 2012 but because of the Mayan doomsday prediction we never get around to it :mellow:

@Hybrid - It is possible to fly through space. with the help of the proton drive. Yes its still in early development, but it has been proven to work. :p
Posted Image

#26 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 20 March 2005 - 11:36 AM

proton drive? :mellow:
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#27 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 20 March 2005 - 12:04 PM

My thoughts exactly, pollo.

Global Warming won't stop. The governments of all Western countries (particularly America) are too fucking naive, and too interested in lining their own pockets.

EDIT: Hool, watch Day After Tomorrow. The ice caps melt, the water's fuckin cold, it'll disrupt the north atlantic current (a flow of warm air), thus causing temperatures to plummet, and adverse weather conditions.

Who knows? This effect, and the effect of greenhouse emissions might cancel one another out lol...the ice caps might re-freeze (just).

Edited by Comrade Jerkov, 20 March 2005 - 12:10 PM.

#28 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

Blur are better than Oasis

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  • Projects:The revolution
  •  Terrorist

Posted 20 March 2005 - 01:16 PM

What would be ironic is that it gets announced that Great Britain can host the next olympic games in 2012 but because of the Mayan doomsday prediction we never get around to it  :laugh:

Not only is that not ironic in any way, shape, or form, but I think that would be the least of our worries, in the trillion-to-one chance that ridiculous doomsday prediction is correct.
Posted Image

"To be governed is tragic, to govern is pathetic."

#29 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 01:40 PM

But why worry if its not even sure.. and if it is the doomsday/apocalypse, we wouldn't even notice it...
But I'm worried it had something to do with the sun or something, they made temples and all to worship the sun, didnt they?
what if thats the timer till the sun goes kaboom? We'd be screwed.
But its illogical cuz I cant imagine prehistoric nittwits to know that without having any scientific material.
Oh well perhaps its the timer untill the had the next date with their gods..

#30 Natus

Natus

i maid a telescope with my smarties toob

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts
  • Projects:Ex mapper, GCII Fanatic and sound tech.
  •  "Go fudge yourself you smarmy overly-camp handsome barstard" - Neil Faz

Posted 20 March 2005 - 02:35 PM

Im blaming the French for the end of the world. Its their fault theirs world poverty, AIDs, war and Lenny Henry. Just blame the french.
Natus 3.4

Corrupt program now requires constant reboots and does not function at all in majority of instances. Designed with a web browser component to replace AOL, it has exceeded our expectations by being more crashy and unreliable and with worse tech support. We didn't think it was physically possible! A general product recall is advised; when it does function it seems to require background processes Girl 0.1Beta to stave off further crashes. Will someone PLEASE remove that code, and insert Backbone 1.9 in its place? That's assuming we even bother to continue this prog.

#31 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 02:54 PM

I'd like to know how you come to the conclusion that it's the fault of the French that AIDS is in the world... =/

But still, it's funny :laugh:

And Kal, the irony could be in the fact that there's about as much chance of doomsday in 2012 as there is in London hosting the Olympics. :laugh: What'd be the point in it anyway? Short of giving a new use for the Millenium Dump, they'd have to ship the athletes all the way across the country for their different events (ie, sheffield, leeds, manchester etc), just because London lacks the facilities and the space to BUILD the facilities.

Not that it matters, because we won't get it. Germany gets my vote.

#32 Rammstein4eva

Rammstein4eva
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 03:21 PM

http://www.albinobla...m/flash/end.php

#33 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

Blur are better than Oasis

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  • Projects:The revolution
  •  Terrorist

Posted 20 March 2005 - 03:39 PM

Already been posted, Rubbishband4eva.

I think Britain could win. France are the favourites though. I doubt Germany will get it. Not after last time, anyway.
Posted Image

"To be governed is tragic, to govern is pathetic."

#34 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 20 March 2005 - 04:09 PM

ROFL no chance of that. The polar ice caps melting won't cause a world flood, it will cause another ice age. We are half way there. Scientists reckon it only took 10degrees raise in temp to make the world go into an ice age millions of years ago. We have risen the temperature about 5.5degrees, they reckon a few more and we'll be well into starting another iceage. Its said it will happen this century, and i expect it will. Humans are too ignorant and arrogant to change, it will happen. Mankind, supposably we are the most intelligent animal on earth, but whats intelligence if we refuse to use it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could you explain that part of the scientists saying it will be an iceage instead of a worldflood.. I dont see a logic in it... :laugh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right the ice caps are melting, the water from the ice caps is not salt water, when that mixes with the salt water in the ocean (I don't know all the science) but eventually it will change the thermal currents or something like that taking heat away from europe and america and the rest of the north, and it will freeze.

@Hybrid - It is possible to fly through space. with the help of the proton drive. Yes its still in early development, but it has been proven to work.

Oh good, but how does it work, there are not really an particles that they can use in space to move. Its just a vaccum. Anyway to explain?

#35 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 04:44 PM

@Hybrid - It is possible to fly through space. with the help of the proton drive. Yes its still in early development, but it has been proven to work.

Oh good, but how does it work, there are not really an particles that they can use in space to move. Its just a vaccum. Anyway to explain?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well.. how do current space shuttles fly then? Anyone explain this to me now, Cuz I dont get it anymore.. :laugh:
Bah this is getting a bit offtopic... arrgh

ONTOPIC: bout that the

Right the ice caps are melting, the water from the ice caps is not salt water, when that mixes with the salt water in the ocean (I don't know all the science) but eventually it will change the thermal currents or something like that taking heat away from europe and america and the rest of the north, and it will freeze.

makes sense... but its some how vague.... cuz if thats true, it cant be a total ice age all over the world.. cuz the sun still keeps the world warm.. right??
Or we should be investing into a new global heat radiator.. :laugh:
btw I've heard somewhere that people are experimenting to make an artificial sun.. might be handy during the upcoming ice age... :laugh:

Edited by Hooligan, 20 March 2005 - 04:45 PM.

#36 Ugbluz

Ugbluz
  • Project Team
  • 93 posts
  • Projects:Drums in the Deep, A Moria Faction mod for BFME. Currently: A beta tester and a new mapper

Posted 21 March 2005 - 08:13 AM

Either the yellowstone volcano, or America... Look at the stats. 1/4 of the worlds pollution comes from America.. and yet has only about 1/10th of the worlds population, they dont wanna reduce pollution because of the fact that their economy will sink! To be honest i think thats really selfish, its not as if its just America's planet.. One other thing is that we are actually cooling the Earth, and without that Global warming would be even worse, take September 12th 2001 for example, many flights where cancelled... You know those trails in the sky the planes leave behind? well, that blocks out alot of the suns heat. On that day America's average tempreture went up by 0.5 degree's C. Now that may not sound like alot, but that can do ALOT of damage, so unless the world stops polluting we are all screwed, things will be set in motion that can not be undone...
1. Polar ice caps melt, half of the current land mass of the world is underwater, including some of the busiest world cities, eg. London, New York, Hong Kong and many more.
2. The heat will increase further as the water heats up, gas pockets of methane under the sea will rupture, creating methane bubbles, firstly making the sea like acid, then increasing global warming even futher!
By this time the reaction has been set and nothing can stop it.
3. The amazon rain forest (one great big oxygen factory) and other rainforest's are no longer moist, they catch fire, such a large amount of CO2 in the atmosphere FURTHER increases global tempreture's, THEN all of Africa will be a desert with tempretures up to 150 Degree's C, uninhabitable, UK will be a tropical country (half submerged) Much of America will be a desert, and basically the whole world will have been screwed up.

Within 50 years of us continuing to pollute as we do now, the changes will have been set in motion, and will be irraversable. Some say in 30 years because of the global cooling...

WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just what i saw on an educational program on BBC 1 :laugh:
Posted Image

"They have a cave troll"
"Drums in the Deep" Beta tester and Mapper

Posted Image

#37 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 03:47 PM

Well.. how do current space shuttles fly then? Anyone explain this to me now, Cuz I dont get it anymore..

They fly by solid fuel, and also by burning liquefied hydrogen fuel with compressed liquid oxygen.

Current spacraft utilise the most eco-friendly fuel devised. When it burns, it just creates pure water. No other chemicals. Sometimes it even rains...

Though I would like to know more about the proton drive. It might be the thing that's powering the Voyager probes. Just nuclear fuel.

#38 Ugbluz

Ugbluz
  • Project Team
  • 93 posts
  • Projects:Drums in the Deep, A Moria Faction mod for BFME. Currently: A beta tester and a new mapper

Posted 24 March 2005 - 10:18 AM

Hmm, i really have no idea about a proton drive... sounds like it might harness alpha rays (the protons) and use them to pull a ship along...
Posted Image

"They have a cave troll"
"Drums in the Deep" Beta tester and Mapper

Posted Image

#39 theliberator

theliberator

Octoberfest :) Oans, zwoa, gsuffa

• Project Team
  • 533 posts
  • Projects:Rise of the Reds

Posted 24 March 2005 - 12:31 PM

It seems none of you has ever heard about the idea of the space elevator, check this out:

http://science.nasa..../ast07sep_1.htm

#40 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 02:46 PM

Very intresting.. hmmm but doesnt the movement of the Earth have any impact at all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users