120 replies to this topic

#121 cr@zyiv@n

cr@zyiv@n

Pest-Patrol

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Projects:Annoying Hybrid

Posted 24 March 2005 - 06:33 PM

It always saddened me that we had nothing to be proud of during the war, except for stopping the attacking germans by flooding a big part of land... Especially since I've heard yesterday that our Defence Minister Flahaut (that really fat guy, a disgrace to the army IMO) has been spending a lot of money on luxuries in a particular kazern...

I hope they kick him out and get a new and energetic one, nowadays our army is still worth nothing and would probably be beaten by a bunch of seniors.

Although if a country decides to remain neutral, noone should blame that country for not defending itself, that was probably the first reason why they wanted to stay neutral, because the opposing force was too big, and the national army would be defeated right away.

Though I believe Hitler asked Belgium a free pass-through, but the king didn't want that, because that would be going in against neutrality, so then Hitler declared war on us too...

Imagine this, let's say the neutral countries wouldn't have been touched during the war, or that Belgium would have let them through to France (Plan Von Schliefen), what would have been the future of Belgium and Holland after the war? Would they be occupied too ? Or would Hitler just change the government in his favor ?

In the Flemish region there were a lot of people sympathising with the Nazi's, as the Nazi's did give them what they had been begging for for years, but the French Belgians (in those days the aristocrasy, nowadays the Flemish do better then the French IMO) didn't care about the Flemish. Although this was just a strategy called 'Divide et impera' (divide and rule) Belgium had it's first Dutch university granted by the Nazi's... After the war it was however closed, but that played a major part in the 'Battle of Languages' as they called it in history lessons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users