Photo

Space travel......

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#81 F-G

F-G

This poster may randomly disappear for long periods.

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  ¿?

Posted 20 April 2005 - 02:50 AM

Third world countries seem to have more population than the developed world. Maybe its because they are trying to survive through children? Maybe just because of culture.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

survive through childrens? That just makes a circle:

1.- More childrens.
2.- Less food because of more population.
3.- Famine.
4.- Children dies.
5.- Fathers try to survive with even more childrens.
6.- And goes around and around and around.

#82 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:27 AM

F-G has a point there...but still, the more sprogs you drop, the more chances that some of them will survive to breed. Thats the way it was in England for a number of centuries (ask your grandparents...they were often part of big groups of siblings).

It also works amongst the animal kingdom. Ask most fish and insects.

Though I still maintain that if there's no food or water where you are, you really aughta move, rather than bake in the desert... =/

#83 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  • Projects:siteMeister, Mental Omega
  •  The wise guy

Posted 20 April 2005 - 11:11 AM

Actually if people werent idiots and didnt think with their reproduction organs, then they would know better then to have sex with people who might potentially have the HIV virus. Tests first. A invention of a small portable (maybe single usage) HIV test (kinda like pregnancy tests) might solve the problem big time, but not in whole. Thats where the government would come in and establish a responsibility to, say have tests in your local hospital maybe every 6 months or so. I think the sheer knowledge of having HIV is enough to keep most people from having sex. It wont eliminate HIV spreading in 100% but it will definatly cut it short.

If overpopulation is a problem in an area, just put some heavy fees on having a second child. People are by nature materialistic, so that would cut it a nice bit.

And about the space travel thing, the world needs an initiative, perhaps something that would organise whole regions into "houses" or something (the european union initiative is a good example albeit not entirely without errors), and all that united under a world council. This would be an excellent example of a republic, and it would keep the competition factor. If one house declared they are doing space research, the others just wouldnt let that pass thru and would initiate their own space program. Its that easy actually.

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

#84 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 20 April 2005 - 01:19 PM

Third world countries seem to have more population than the developed world. Maybe its because they are trying to survive through children? Maybe just because of culture.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

survive through childrens? That just makes a circle:

1.- More childrens.
2.- Less food because of more population.
3.- Famine.
4.- Children dies.
5.- Fathers try to survive with even more childrens.
6.- And goes around and around and around.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Solution - More money, more food, remove corrupt governments, work with the UN to build the country, install democracy and then africa might be on track to start tackling its problems itself.

Actually if people werent idiots and didnt think with their reproduction organs, then they would know better then to have sex with people who might potentially have the HIV virus. Tests first. A invention of a small portable (maybe single usage) HIV test (kinda like pregnancy tests) might solve the problem big time, but not in whole. Thats where the government would come in and establish a responsibility to, say have tests in your local hospital maybe every 6 months or so. I think the sheer knowledge of having HIV is enough to keep most people from having sex. It wont eliminate HIV spreading in 100% but it will definatly cut it short.

Its not that they are thinking its because they have a lack of education. No education will mean things like that happening. I read a story the other day in america that a tv station (or something) is paying $1.1billion to host one game! Its diabolical. Send the money to africa where they need it.

Even if we did educate people and got africa out of poverty, we know we won't eliminate HIV, but as you said it will cut it by a great amount.

If overpopulation is a problem in an area, just put some heavy fees on having a second child. People are by nature materialistic, so that would cut it a nice bit.

Heavy fees in third world countries? Are you mad? lol

And about the space travel thing, the world needs an initiative, perhaps something that would organise whole regions into "houses" or something (the european union initiative is a good example albeit not entirely without errors), and all that united under a world council. This would be an excellent example of a republic, and it would keep the competition factor. If one house declared they are doing space research, the others just wouldnt let that pass thru and would initiate their own space program. Its that easy actually.

The EU is britains best bet atm. I hope we join it. People keep whining about the EU's stupid laws or that they control out immigration and would flood our country with asylum seekers. I seriously doubt it. If you look at how they do it in their countries i doubt they would send them to britain.

#85 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  •  The wise guy

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:16 AM

Heavy fees in third world countries? Are you mad? lol

That is my attempt to liberalize a law withheld in China. You get prison for having a second child there :D (then again no wonder)

The EU is britains best bet atm. I hope we join it. People keep whining about the EU's stupid laws or that they control out immigration and would flood our country with asylum seekers. I seriously doubt it. If you look at how they do it in their countries i doubt they would send them to britain.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All these fears of EU screwing up countries is overreacting. All the countries that joined were thinking that it would screw their economy and loads of people would emmigrate, both of these didnt happen. I heard a rather large news report on Poland the other day where some guy was talking about how it will be flooded with cheap products from the west, and this will screw up the polish economy and make the foreign company a monopoly on some type of goods. And in reality it was so much different: yes, cheap new products were imported but the polish companies were just forced to turn down the price, and i havent heard of any major company falling ever since Poland joined the EU. My bet is to think it was just all these people that didnt want the huge price on products to be cut down, thats why they were agitating. I think its the same reason in Britain.

Besides AFAIK lots of people from all over eastern europe immigrate to Britain already. And they are wanted, cause they provide the labour. So suddenly you want to close the border? Sounds like effort from "the always friendly nationalist party" :)

(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.

#86 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:49 AM

Besides AFAIK lots of people from all over eastern europe immigrate to Britain already. And they are wanted, cause they provide the labour. So suddenly you want to close the border? Sounds like effort from "the always friendly nationalist party" :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't want to close the border. We accept alot of asylum seekers. They do provide us with labour and its a great thing. I support the border staying open. The only people i would deport are failed asylum seekers, illegal immigrants, foreign criminals and people who come here just to live off our taxes. Deport those waste of space and allow anyone whos here to work to stay.

#87 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  •  The wise guy

Posted 21 April 2005 - 01:02 PM

I don't want to close the border. We accept alot of asylum seekers. They do provide us with labour and its a great thing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know that. Im only saying that its probably mostly effort from the nationalists to put it to a stop. Thats why these people will vote against EU because they dont want unity.

#88 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 21 April 2005 - 03:38 PM

I think nationalists are tossers. Just a bunch of racist idiots because they think their country is better. Its just a piece of land we live on with a bunch of idiots running us in a "society." Nothing that great about it. No we've seen the work of "nationalists" thank you very much. Hitler did enough damage in germany, and we won't be having that again.

LibDems or labour would eventually take us into the EU. So i really hope one of them wins the election this year.

#89 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  •  The wise guy

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:20 PM

Couldnt agree more :sad:

But then again you never know what idiot will get the power by some twisted turn of fate. Neo-nazis are everywhere today and its something everyone should be aware of and certainly not ignore them.

Edited by Blodo, 22 April 2005 - 03:22 PM.

#90 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 22 April 2005 - 05:03 PM

Yeah well i'm seriously hoping either labour get re-elected or liberals get in, in britain this year. Howard will throw this country so far down the shit hole it would take more than 8 years to recover.

And on the topic of africa, blair and his fund will be great. So atm i'm re-evaluating my thoughts on blair. I'm not entirely sure about the liberals. It would so pwn if blair adopted their policy on energy, education and the environment. Would make me happen then :ninja:

#91 Az3r^

Az3r^

Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Nothing Atm .
  •  Oldbie Slacker since August 03

Posted 25 April 2005 - 10:46 AM

Yeah well i'm seriously hoping either labour get re-elected or liberals get in, in britain this year. Howard will throw this country so far down the shit hole it would take more than 8 years to recover.

And on the topic of africa, blair and his fund will be great. So atm i'm re-evaluating my thoughts on blair. I'm not entirely sure about the liberals. It would so pwn if blair adopted their policy on energy, education and the environment. Would make me happen then :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree with that we was discussing how howard is such a tosser most of sunday night over a few pints down the pub, 2 of my friends are tories and tbh il be voting lib dem this year , in our town of doncaster, we gotta vote for a mayor too and there all facist idiots, BNP, Tories, only decent one is a dude from Green party , even though his poilicys arnt brilliant.

Edited by Az3r^, 25 April 2005 - 10:46 AM.

Quotes :
Paradox @ Ali - "And what the fuck would you know? Ever been? Oh no, sorry, your map says 'HERE BE DRAGONS' anywhere outside of your rock"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users