Unable to install C&C Generals

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Vark

Vark
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 05:04 PM

I am trying to install C&C Generals on my Win XP SP2 PC and it is driving me nuts as the install keeps getting interrupted and disappearing.

When I install it goes all way to 100% and just after the publishing product bit a window comes up as below

Posted Image

;)
I have tried alsorts, contacting EA Support (pathetic responses you wouldnt believe), installing from safe mode, reinstalling installshield drivers, going through registry removing any references to C&C G, stopping all programs in memory, (I dont use Win Firewall its off) and it does the above everytime. I can see the files being installed during the installation but after the above appears all thats left is the folder. I have tried stopping the install just before the window appears, and the game installs but I cant apply any patches or Zero Hour as they report that C&C Generals is not installed unless someone can tell me which registry entries I need to add so it thinks C&C Generals is installed. And yes it is an original copy of C&C Generals Deluxe.

Any help appreciated !!!

#2 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 25 March 2005 - 05:08 PM

could be you need to uninstall SP2, I've heard it causing problems before. ;)
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#3 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 25 March 2005 - 05:10 PM

Are you using some type of anti spyware program that blocks access to the registry? MS Anti spyware might do that, or you might need to allow it access. I don't believe it's SP2, as I have had no problem installing Gen/ZH with it.
;)
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#4 Vark

Vark
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 08:16 PM

Cant uninstall SP2 as the uninstaller doesnt work anymore. Not using any anti spyware software either. In any case stopped all other programs running in memory and still comes up with message.

Can`t understand it.

#5 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 25 March 2005 - 08:30 PM

Very strange. Check for spyware/adware/virus. Beyond that, I don't know why it would not install for you.
;)
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#6 the_kid

the_kid

L337 Pwnerer of N00bs

• Project Team
  • 1,734 posts
  • Projects:freelancing between what interests me
  •  + TRIPLEhelix

Posted 27 March 2005 - 11:03 PM

I had to reformate my drive and reinstall windows, so I'm slowly reinstalling my games. Perhaps I'll try Generals tonight and see if it gives me the same error.

EDIT: I just finished installing and patching Generals without error, I havn't tried ZH yet though. my windows is up to date, i spent most of the day yesterday downloading and installing about 30 different updates.

Edited by the_kid, 28 March 2005 - 02:29 AM.

#7 the_kid

the_kid

L337 Pwnerer of N00bs

• Project Team
  • 1,734 posts
  • Projects:freelancing between what interests me
  •  + TRIPLEhelix

Posted 28 March 2005 - 02:34 AM

bump*

*I could have sworn that I had mod powers that let me bump topics, perhaps that was a different forum or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users