ZSX

• Members
  • 1,091 posts
  • Projects:Her
  •  The last spam fighter

Posted 05 January 2006 - 03:00 AM

i disagree link.
O, i was reffering to a sony-nintendo merge lol
which will never happen, but wouldnt it be nice though?
No heat no happiness
Posted Image

#42 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts
  • Projects:Tiberium Productions
  •  Reverend K-Rist, Sheppard of the mindless masses and tender to the flock of idiocy.

Posted 05 January 2006 - 04:42 AM

Also, I seriously doubt the PS3 will be the most powerful console for graphics.  They said the PS2 would be.  Guess what?  It's the weakest of the current line-up

Playstation 2 was the first of the last generation, Gamecube and Xbox came out long after the PS2, Do you seriously expect a console released a year before the rest of the field to stand up? Of course not! The ones that release after that will make sure of it!

PS2 is an awesome system, and is still more popular than the crapbox or shitcube.

Sony keeps bragging about games like Grand Theft Auto like they're the only ones with it, but the entire series was ported to Xbox.  Same's probably going to happen with pretty much everything good they have.  Maybe not Square Enix, but they have been working with Nintendo again.

But PS2 had it for over a year before XBox. And it looked amazing considering the PS2s hardware.

If only Nintendo accepted the Playstation as their N64 CD attatchment instead of the Phillips CD-i, they might still be working with Sony and be the king of the console market.  They deserve that title a lot more than Sony.

The playstation was designed with the SNES in mind, not the N64.

And nintendo does not deserve anything. While Nintendo is a large company, it no longer catters to those who grew up with them. Continuing to focus on young children despite their loyal original fanbase entering their 30s and, in the case of some of their earlier pre NES products, 40s.

As gamers like me mature, we want more indepth, mature games. We are sick of saving the princess, only to find her in another castle. We are tired of Zelda's infinite reserections.

We want in depth, mature, and complex games that catter to our now aged pallet, and that is what the PS1 and PS2 brought us with games like Parasite Eve, Suikoden, True Final Fantasies, and the Grand Theft Auto series..To name just a few.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts
  • Projects:War Games Moderator (UNSC), Dragon Slayers Moderator (Link)
  •  You want a piece of me boy?

Posted 05 January 2006 - 04:45 AM

So what do you like about Sony? They have zero first-party games, all they do is hire third parties to make medicore games.

Yep, if all the game companies could just get along people with decidophobia (me) wouldn't have much trouble when it came time to buy consoles. They would have a home console that connects to Live, plays all games for the PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Gamecube, Revolution, Sega Dreamcast, and whatever other consoles use CDs/DVDs. It would come with two controllers: Rev's Remote and 360's standard (everything comes in matching colors, whatever you want). It could support eight controllers wirelessly. It also supports keyboards. The Rev controller can act like a mouse. Whole thing is about the size of a Rev, as in three DVD cases stacked together. Fits nicely on your game rack.

Really inexpensive adapters are up for sale to enable full compatability with all cartrige games on any console and the controllers that go with that particular console.

Hard drives: Comes with one, but you can buy another one, which is the length and height of a DVD case but half the thickness. It has two ports on the back. You plug in the included cable in one port and plug the other end into another port on the Rev. If that runs out you get another one and connect that to the second plug of the first hard drive. Still not enough, get another and connect that to the second hard drive.

Handheld: Long story short: All good features of every handheld ever. Games are on cartriges to lengthen battery life (the size of the GBA games, but data storage is directly porportionate to the size of a DS game). If you want to play some games with top-notch graphics plug in something about the size of a CD player and clip that to your belt. Or something smaller to play Cube sized disks.

Also, the CD attatchment has ports for pretty much every handheld game ever.
Posted Image

#44 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts
  •  Reverend K-Rist, Sheppard of the mindless masses and tender to the flock of idiocy.

Posted 05 January 2006 - 05:17 AM

Your argument is childish and full of flaw.

If you want something like that, Then dedicate yourself to PC gaming.

obviously you are not prepared for console gaming.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:CNC3.net News & Freedom Studios admin
  •  This text is actually purple

Posted 05 January 2006 - 02:20 PM

Sony just has the tallent to hype up their stuff.. it sells.. PS2 was inferior to the other consoles in all ways, but thanks to the hype they actually won.. there would be no PS Online without MS, no Dual Shock without Nintendo.. yet Sony can make people beleave it all came out of their mind..

#46 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 04:55 PM

Yep, just like they can make everyone believe they made all of these games by making sure you can accidentally skip every logo except Sony on every game.

Not ready for console gaming? What makes you say that? I have the Cube, PS2, and Xbox, and a bunch of games for all of them. And I'm not much of a PC gamer. In fact, I get a little impatient with installing and runnin games, only to find out your graphics card isn't good enough. Which is why I focus on consoles.

PCs don't play console games, which is why I have the consoles. Actually, PCs can't do anything described there.

Most of that was just saying what might happen if Sony, Nintendo, and Micro joined up instead of competing all the time.
Posted Image

#47 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 05:12 PM

They cant just simply join up, they wouldnt be allowed by their stockholders, nor by the USA and EU, monopoly etc. Only Merge i would expect to happen within the next 5 years is Apple and MS merging.. Nintendo will survive, Sony will survive, MS will survive.. nothing is gonna change in this consolewars if you ask me (as for sides i mean) And I wont make predictions on the winner, because a) I dont care as long as the consoles I own get good games, and b) its to early to tell.

But this is no topic on consoles, this topic is about Zelda, so lets get back on topic..

#48 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 05:16 PM

oh ok

Just out of curiosity, did anyone else preorder Twilight Princess?
Posted Image

#49 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 05:23 PM

Only game I ever pre ordered was Halo2 Collectors Edition, because I wanted the CE.. But in my town its not nescessairy to preorder.. You always find the game somewhere..

#50 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 05:30 PM

I think you'll have to pre-order Twilight Princess if you want any hope of getting it on day 1. Or 2. Or 3.
Posted Image

#51 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 05 January 2006 - 05:37 PM

Sony just has the tallent to hype up their stuff.. it sells.. PS2 was inferior to the other consoles in all ways, but thanks to the hype they actually won.. there would be no PS Online without MS, no Dual Shock without Nintendo.. yet Sony can make people beleave it all came out of their mind..

View Post

I'd like to see you make a similar excuse for the PS1. It destroyed the N64, even though it was inferior. And it destroyed it in about 30 different ways. It destroyed the Saturn, too, but that wasn't exactly hard.

The PS1 dominated the market, totally. People knew more of the same would come with the PS2. Despite its awful styling, the PS2 still has a number of outstanding games, plus backward compatibility (something Ninty has only really managed on its handheld consoles). Xbox flopped not because it sucked, but because it was so awfully styled and because Microsoft has the age-old black-mark due to their being so rich.
That, and no bugger except Bungie made games for it in the beginning.

Most of the good games for the PS2 are now available for the Xbox, with better quality due to the more powerful hardware. That doesn't stop the PS2 being brilliant in its own right. Granted, I now buy games which have variants for both PS2 and Xbox for the Xbox as opposed to PS2, but if something PS2-only comes out, I'd be more than happy to buy it. And I need to complete some instalments of the FF series still heh...

As Koma pointed out, it was released way before the other two, putting it at an immediate long-run disadvantage. I personally think it's held its own amazingly well.

It's a wicked fanboy triangle. Ninty fans hate PS2, PS2 hate Xbox, Xbox hate Ninty...

It's a known fact, Nintendo cannot make a home console right. They have the capacity to, but they just get the formula so wrong. Take the N64. It had GoldenEye, Perfect Dark and the Zelda flock. Cult classics, to be sure, but if that's all it's got...it's going to suffer. Ended out with no bugger making games for it, and the PS1 instantly became the saleable medium.
Gamecube? It suffered a similar fate. No bugger made games for it, so it was doomed to failure.
Revolution? No bugger will make games for that, because they'll have to incorporate that controller into it.

Conclusion? It's irrelevant how good your hardware is, if nobody's making games for it, you're screwed.

#52 ZeroSamuraiX

ZeroSamuraiX

ZSX

• Members
  • 1,091 posts
  •  The last spam fighter

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:01 PM

@Komataguri
he said, Suikoden and Final Fantasy *a tear comes to the eye*
thats all anyone had to say about playstation and sony games

party games on other systems?, ok they are good, but i'm an rpg and rts fanatic, so they dont really appeal to me
No heat no happiness
Posted Image

#53 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:20 PM

Right, RPG fanatics should get a PS2/3, if you're in to crazy action games get an Xbox/ Xbox 360, and if you like party games or Zelda/Mario types go with the N. RTS? Forget the consoles (unless the Rev can get some support, their remote would work) and go with a PC.
Posted Image

#54 ZeroSamuraiX

ZeroSamuraiX

ZSX

• Members
  • 1,091 posts
  •  The last spam fighter

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:35 PM

yep, it is not about which system is better, it is all dependent on who is judging the systems

i totally agree with what link has said here.
They seriously need to make RTS games on consoles!
Especially a portable one, like the psp
Does anyone know of any RTS games coming out on consoles or the psp?
No heat no happiness
Posted Image

#55 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:41 PM

Nope, but I can tell you what consoles need RTS games.

DS: Touch screen would be perfect. Or, better yet, the top screen is a first person view like a standard shooter, bottom is to control a bunch of troops all around you with the touch screen.

Rev: Like I said, the controller would be perfect for RTSs. And FPSs. And pretty much every other game type.

Any other console: Sticks are the worst possible way to control an RTS. There are console RTS games, but the controls are way too clumsy.
Posted Image

#56 ZeroSamuraiX

ZeroSamuraiX

ZSX

• Members
  • 1,091 posts
  •  The last spam fighter

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:53 PM

i agree with your DS idea. Brilliant, it would be like warcraft but you as a hero!

Hmmm i see what u mean about the controls, but i want a RTS game to come out so badly for psp, imagine the multiplayer possibilities, and plus it is portable, very sleek
No heat no happiness
Posted Image

#57 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 12:41 AM

@Komataguri
he said, Suikoden and Final Fantasy *a tear comes to the eye*
thats all anyone had to say about playstation and sony games

party games on other systems?, ok they are good, but i'm an rpg and rts fanatic, so they dont really appeal to me

View Post

Its just to bad Konami sucked hard and screwed up Suikoden 3 and 4.

Hopefully 5 will be back to the goodness of Suikoden 1 and 2 [ I've had Suikoden 5 preordered since before thanksgiving :p ]

Suikoden Tactics is a great game, set in teh S4 time area...but its not exactly the same as the other suikodens

Posted Image

Posted Image

#58 ZeroSamuraiX

ZeroSamuraiX

ZSX

• Members
  • 1,091 posts
  •  The last spam fighter

Posted 06 January 2006 - 03:50 AM

nice...
suikoden is comin out for psp (1+2)
WOOOOOOOT!

i'll buy it in a heartbeat :p
No heat no happiness
Posted Image

#59 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 11:21 AM

Link, did you ever try your remote as cam.. just start a console and move the tumbstick for the camera and the remote at the same time. i tried it and it didnt felt right and it made my arm feel tired.. So I wouldnt praise the rev just yet, Im not sure wether it will play like we all hope.. The Metroid Prime hunters controlls seem to suck as well, yet it was the title to sell the stylus on the DS..

EDIT: As for Revolution Support on TP: http://www.eurogamer...rticle_id=62348

Edited by Daedalus, 06 January 2006 - 02:43 PM.

#60 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 05:38 PM

The DS stylus took some getting used to, but I think it worked well for shooters. Although I still preferred a stick.

You won't have to move the Rev controller much, according to IGN the thing is really sensitive and detects the smallest movements. They said you could just rest your arm on your lap and you'd still easily be able to move it plenty.

The controller is also a lot narrower than actual remotes, so it will probably be a lot easier than what you tried.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users