RS Adjustments thread

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#41 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 09 April 2005 - 08:52 AM

No, its accurate, the way Freedom needs it (btw its Hellstorm Cannon), we dont want it to become a Grand Cannon now do we? >_<

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#42 Natus

Natus

i maid a telescope with my smarties toob

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts
  • Projects:Ex mapper, GCII Fanatic and sound tech.
  •  "Go fudge yourself you smarmy overly-camp handsome barstard" - Neil Faz

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:35 PM

New turret for the rad cannon, the current one dosent fit very well to me for some reason. Just seems bit out of place. Perhaps borrow Mads 3ds remade Sentry gun?
Natus 3.4

Corrupt program now requires constant reboots and does not function at all in majority of instances. Designed with a web browser component to replace AOL, it has exceeded our expectations by being more crashy and unreliable and with worse tech support. We didn't think it was physically possible! A general product recall is advised; when it does function it seems to require background processes Girl 0.1Beta to stave off further crashes. Will someone PLEASE remove that code, and insert Backbone 1.9 in its place? That's assuming we even bother to continue this prog.

#43 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 10 April 2005 - 12:37 AM

Indeed we dont want it to be a grand cannon. Allies already have particle cannon :p

Hellstorm is designed for all-round power. The particle cannon is designed for insane destruction...but you can only have two. Just as well. Spamming with them would be an impenetrable defence.

#44 F-G

F-G

This poster may randomly disappear for long periods.

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  ¿?

Posted 13 April 2005 - 11:44 PM

Bug: Raven Transport can't attack even being an open topped transport and have infantry inside.

Solution: Give the Raven a dummy weapon. It should be ranged, deal 1 damage with warheads 1% in all, and have a loooooong reload.

#45 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:44 AM

Actually I was evil and wanted you have to guide the transport around and let troopers pick their targets :)
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#46 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 02:34 PM

Yup, F-G, Apollo actually designed it that way. It's more effective than you might think. Only trick is keeping it in the air :) Other than that, it's lethal.

By the way, Apollo, please keep me informed as to progress of the Particle Cannon cameo. That's the ONLY thing that this manual of yours needs now :rolleyes:

Unless you decide to totally overhaul the unit list at any point, which me hopes not :)

EDIT: I'd like to see a change to the Allied Legion by removing the Fusion Reactor. Maybe boost the power plant's output a little, but I think the Legion need a real weakness. The Freedom League has power output as a mega strength, but giving the Legion the fusion reactor kinda makes them more powerful.

Edited by Comrade Jerkov, 14 April 2005 - 02:58 PM.

#47 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 14 April 2005 - 08:14 PM

and the newest suggestion from me:

the inclusion of Emergency repair superweapon feature to either repair 50% or 100% of unit group health in the field :p

at the moment it is planned for freedom league side or depending on balance etc all sides could be using it or not but how would you feel about such a feature in newer version? ;)
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#48 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 07:47 AM

Gotta love that Emergency Repair. I think NEXUS already have too much of an advantage of repairing. That's why I keep plugging for the Repair Drone removed. It's not like he'd suffer too much from a few of his units being IvanBombed. If poss, just make him have a unit that can remove them WITHOUT REPAIRING. Maybe Bomb Disposal Drone! ;)

The repair-your-vehicles-manually trait is for the human sides, who need it more. And DEFINITELY Freedom need the superweapon, since thier stuff usually gets hit hardest and hurt most.

#49 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 15 April 2005 - 12:00 PM

Well its half mix of new and old..like in wz2100 nexus didn't give much of a robotic feel with its arsenal..its just usual tanks but better armor and fancy lasers and stuff and building designs were usual humanish...so some features good some less good.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#50 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 01:40 PM

The most wz2100-esque unit, I think, is the RAD tank. Look at it. It looks like a mini-Retribution ;)

#51 F-G

F-G

This poster may randomly disappear for long periods.

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  ¿?

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:45 PM

Bug: you can put a Fusion Cannon into a Chrono Transport...
Bug: Electron Tank CAN kill infantry (it should only work against tanks and NEXUS infantry)

Edited by F-G, 21 April 2005 - 09:47 PM.

#52 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:20 AM

ah thanks for the first one alot as for secondary, i had it coded to kill infantry atm anyways but i consider it.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#53 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:42 PM

Or how 'bout just making it a regular Conyard? NEXUS don't have to be in a core. It could be software. Like off of Terminator. Anyone seen that movie?

#54 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:13 AM

i personally perfer the core, its unique.
Posted Image

#55 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 30 April 2005 - 03:51 PM

So what's the deal with the NEXUS conyard then? Is it gonna get re-done? Or left the same?

#56 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:09 PM

I think priority in redoing is with other stuff atm besides no better concept atm for it and no..no usual comm centers and such humanly feats are being planned should it be redone.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#57 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:14 PM

Don't redo it. I think it looks ace. Besides, it has an arm that moves. That's all a CY needs :dry:

And NEXUS overseeing the battle. Glorious :umad:

And yes, I KNOW CABAL isn't related to NEXUS (well, he was in TA, but this isn't TA). I was making a similarity statement :cool:

#58 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:50 PM

Ehm? It used to be a bloody Allied conyard, shut up. -_-
Atleast now there is something unique and cool.
I think its good as it is.

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#59 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 04 May 2005 - 09:45 AM

I still think my "eye floating in a jar of Formaldehyde " idea is best :p

Anyway the NEXUS constuction Yard isn't that bad :) However maybe it could use a bit more detail for the structure bit. It just looks a bit too plain and grey :p
Posted Image

#60 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:54 PM

to tell the truth, any wz2100 stuff wasn't built for looks and my nexus is just homage to the great AI personality he was in wz2100..nothing more, nothing less.

or else you'd see railgun tanks/laser tanks and all high tech gizmoz along heaviest armoring but then balance went downhill.. :)

I just try be unique here while paying respect to some of things i liked and inspirated me and robots don't need doors in buildings much since not much reason for their soldiers be inside as everything is automated.

if you truly want some change, try drawing some unique concept and we'll see. :)

Edited by Apollo, 04 May 2005 - 02:04 PM.

Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users