• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Stingerr

Stingerr
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Projects:Sun Mk. II

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:25 PM

I'm a big newb on programming, so if I offense anybody for taling nonsense... my apoligies :p

But I always wondered why nobody allready tried to edit Tiberian Sun in such a matter that all the problems we had with the game before are solved. One of the major things everybody thinks is irritating is the fact a helicopter can't have moving sections. Can't this be solved by recoding that part of the game? I think there would be great interest in it, because it opens up so many things we wished to have, like new entries for superweapons, fixing the 707 animation limit, 100 unit ingame limit and so on. Tiberian Sun in my opinion isn't a finished game. Maybe we should take over and finish where Westwood left...

greets

#2 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:02 PM

This isn't an easy job. If someone tried to do something like that, the person would take years, even with a team. It's very complex and you'll possibly find all kind of bugs you can and you can't imagine.

As for the animation limit, there is no limit, but make sure the weapon used on cluster animations are properly used by a unit. At least this kind of action that solved the saving game problem on Tiberian Sun Total Wars.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#3 TGMTE

TGMTE
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 09:51 PM

Such an attempt would have been made, only we don't have access to the source.
Trying to disassemble and edit the binary itself woluld border on the impossible.

Edited by TGMTE, 05 July 2005 - 09:53 PM.

#4 DeathRay2K

DeathRay2K
  • Members
  • 96 posts
  • Projects:D2K Studios, Xaeon Mod, Unseen Presence, Rhythm Mixer, Website Designs, CSS OS

Posted 20 October 2005 - 04:14 AM

I wouldn't normally bump such an old topic, but seeing as its only four topics down anyways. :p

There is hope!
OpenSun aims to recreate TS, although with enhanced graphics and MMO capabilities.
Check out their website and their forum for more details. :p

#5 BobingAbout

BobingAbout

Serious Modder

• Hosted
  • 1,288 posts
  • Projects:R:ROTC, Destructivality, Factorio Mods
  •  Coder

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:56 PM

you need all the facts before you speak :grin:
yes, there is opensun, there is also OpenTTD, a guy named "Tron" de-compiled the TTD windows exe and re-wrote it in C. several years have passed and OTTD is brilliant.

i expect nothing less from opensun, but i would really prefer an openYR.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 06 April 2006 - 03:17 PM

Ask PaD for that :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic