220 replies to this topic

#1 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 07 April 2005 - 02:47 PM

I went in and removed the majoraty of the promotion requirements. I've only played a moment with it, so if you see any glairing bugs let me know. First one I spotted is hack center upgrades still require promotions. I tempted to go back in and put SOME of the requirements back, but allow just about everything else at 1st lvl.

You can DL the modified .Big file here:::
http://rapidshare.de...ra-Fix.rar.html

---------------------edit---------------------
I've edited this post to COMPLEATLY remove the old link. I'm still getting hits on my home FTP for it. Please, people... the new link is listed above. leave my ftp in peace...

credit where due, this is still Creator's mod. He is THE MAN for making it.

Edited by Pendaelose, 18 April 2005 - 11:13 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#2 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:28 PM

If you have any trouble with the FTP, just give it a second try (or even third) My firewalls and PASV doen't get along very well and it sometimes leads to errors, Just give it another shot if it errors out.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#3 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 04:57 PM

Is the connection droping or is nobody patient enough to wait for the DL? If its a connection issue I can upload it somewhere.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 KOC2000

KOC2000
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:35 AM

RAR the files please.

#5 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:27 PM

sure, I can Rar it.... it won't make it t omuch smaller I think. The .Big file is already compressed. I've got one person DL it now, when they finish I'll do the Rar.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:08 PM

Wow, I was mistaken, the .big file WASN'T compressed at all. Its been RARed and the whole DL is only 17 meg now. silly me, I thaught it would only get a 2% gain.

I've found a few more bugs specific to my rendition. There are some mostly minor I problems are comming from th script file. I don't know how to edit it so I'm using what I have. I loaded the .02 script so that the AI will build bases and all the good contra units, but that has its draw backs.

they don't build any super units unless they already exsisted in .02

SuperWeapon USA doesn't wan't to do anything but build a few structures then is idle. (because of Diferences between .02 and .03)

All upgrades still require promotions. Buildings and units are off the hook, but the upgrades are in a differnt file and the code reads a little different. I've looked at it and think I figured out how to change it, but I kinda like the upgrades requiring level. some of them a re very wicked if baught right away (china hack 3)

Anybody who nows how to edit a script file let me know. I wan't to go in and fix the AI issues, but I don't even know what editor to use on it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:47 PM

Anybody who nows how to edit a script file let me know.  I wan't to go in and fix the AI issues, but I don't even know what editor to use on it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay.
http://sdi.origin-network.net/
http://forums.revora...p?showforum=163

#8 Monsunami

Monsunami
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:48 PM

Thank you for this file Pendaelos. This make me feel like I am playing Command and Conquer Zero Hour and not regular gen. Works great since I don't have to wait ages to get some promotion. However some upgrades that still require promotion doesn't seem right such as advance training for us. Seems forever to get that one.
My comp specs: AMD 2500+ Barton cpu, Abit Nforce 7 motherboard, 1GB Kingston memory, ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB, Creative Audigy 2 soundcard, Creative SBS4.1 surround speakers, Sony CD-RW 52x49x52, Liteon DVDRW, maxtor 60GB harddrive.

Posted Image Posted Image

#9 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:52 PM

Thank you for this file Pendaelos.  This make me feel like I am playing Command and Conquer Zero Hour and not regular gen.  Works great since I don't have to wait ages to get some promotion.  However some upgrades that still require promotion doesn't seem right such as advance training for us.  Seems forever to get that one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I'm working as best I can. I'm not as good as Creator, I'm learning as I go. The issue for me right now on upgrades is the way the code is written. Its been tough to figure out how to change the requirements. I'm working on it though. I'm also working on an update for the AI to make it a little more stable in my version. I'll post it in this forum as I finish it.

And thanks for Responding. you're one of the first ot give me feedback!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Err0r

Err0r
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:56 AM

i like the original version better, with the new, fixed promotion thing..

#11 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 01:53 PM

The biggest bug I have is that Super weapon US won't build a strategy center. they are the only general to do this that i've seen... I worked on it for hours and I just can't figure out WHY they can't. Its about to drive me insain. I'm thinking its not a problem with the AI script, maybe a typo in one of the other files I may have put in, but Human players have no problem at all with it.

The copy on my FTP server is using the script file from contra .02, I've made a version that uses the script from .03. I had to remove the science levels from the build conditions, but the AI still won't build super units. I wan't to add them but I'm having trouble finding where the unit build lists are for the AI. I've looked online and the Tutorials for regular zero hour point to scripts that don't match in Contra.

Any advice?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Guest_dpgassault_*

Guest_dpgassault_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2005 - 07:39 PM

Hm, I cant dl, says im not login

#13 dpgassault

dpgassault
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 07:45 PM

Ok, I registered, my probelm is "530 not logged in/ password/ username wront" or something like that, tried a lot of times...And they never told me to put in a pw anyways :\

#14 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 07:53 PM

It sounds like you are using an anonamouse login. What program are you using to hit the FTP?

If you are using IE, after you click on the link it will automaticly make 2 attempts to login in anonomously (both fail) then it gives you a prompt for a login and password.

Or you can just use an FTP Client program and use my IP address, 24.110.61.133

Also, I'm still looking at Today being alble to post an updated version. I think I've fixxed the problem with Superweapon USA, I just have to do a little more scripting and it'll be ready.

Edited by Pendaelose, 10 April 2005 - 07:55 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2005 - 08:25 PM

Pendaelose can you host it on www.rapidshare.de :grin:
its easier for us :wub:

#16 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 09:18 PM

Pendaelose can you host it on www.rapidshare.de  :grin:
its easier for us :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That wlil be alot easier for me too...

I was hoping somebody would come along and host it themselves, but when I release my next draft I will put it there and link to it.

Thanks a bunch!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Monsunami

Monsunami
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:17 PM

Ok, I registered, my probelm is "530 not logged in/ password/ username wront" or something like that, tried a lot of times...And they never told me to put in a pw anyways :\

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't use firefox or other like browser for this. Must use IE.
My comp specs: AMD 2500+ Barton cpu, Abit Nforce 7 motherboard, 1GB Kingston memory, ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB, Creative Audigy 2 soundcard, Creative SBS4.1 surround speakers, Sony CD-RW 52x49x52, Liteon DVDRW, maxtor 60GB harddrive.

#18 dpgassault

dpgassault
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:19 PM

Aww lol IE sucks crap, I never used it again, until this time and right when i started using it, ads started comin up :\ Oh well im gettin it now thanks guys 24 minutes :(

#19 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:25 PM

It doesn't have to be IE, theres about a billion FTP client programs, but by this eveing it will be mute point. I've just about finished the updated AI script. Its not perfect, but its a hella lot better than what I had. I'm still working other issues, but at at least the bulk of hte AI problems are done.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Monsunami

Monsunami
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:26 PM

Yah, I know IE kinda sucks so I use Firefox. However IE is the only way that I know of to get into his FTP if using browser.

Edited by Monsunami, 10 April 2005 - 11:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users