DSI Cannon, Defiler, Defence Site

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Seregon

Seregon
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:33 PM

DSI Cannon : What about the DSI Cannon ... i build like 6 of them in my base but wtf it do... it says Long Range Ballistic can shot down but when the mobile scud launcher hit my base the DSI cannon did noting...

Its a huge cannon and it can only shoot Long Range Ballistic ????
Comon even an avenger can do that.

Maybe you could make the DSI Cannon .. A Grand Cannon .. that would blast an overlord easy away... that would be cool... and only can build when ICBM and Particle Cannon are build and price is 5000... that would be awesome

Defiler : Could you remake it because it is very small and very ugly

Defence Site : Maybe you could make the Defence Site bigger because the loop of the AT Gun goes through pilars... so does the quad and the artillery, they go through the net ... and maybe you should delete the artillery cannon because its from USA not GLA

Edited by Seregon, 07 April 2005 - 09:41 PM.

#2 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:34 PM

I dunno if it works or not. I've never had the AI super weapon me even once.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#3 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:57 AM

The Defiler looks very nice to me, that rusty look is exactly the way it should be.

The defense sites should look better if that camo-net was removed. Hmmm this gave me an idea: the camo-net should only be there when the camo-netting upgrade is purchased.

#4 Seregon

Seregon
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:38 PM

But havent you noticed that the defiler is as big as a tank???

#5 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:47 PM

What???? Is it? In my game it is the same size of a china reactor! :-S
Unless the "tank size" you are talking about is the Shaitan ;) ;)

#6 Seregon

Seregon
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:25 PM

thats exactly what i mean that isnt realistic , a defiler as big as a shaitan???
Its an factory! not a rathole

its a bit bigger than a battlemaster tank but still its small.... maybe should the infantry smaller and the buildings bigger that wil be realistic with sizes

Edited by Seregon, 08 April 2005 - 01:27 PM.

#7 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:35 PM

I'm also having problems with the SDI cannon. My buddy had 4 f of them built around our 2 bases. A scud storm fell so close that the SDI took damage and it never even flinched. Like it was dead or something. Its a 3K, 20 power paper weight.

As for resizing everything to be much more realistic... go play Act of War you hippy! (just kidding) But the size thing has been braught up before. Creator has concernse about how scalling down infantry would effect game controls. m I personaly think he's right if all you did was make men smaller.

It might work though if you make squads of 5 build and use the movement code from the Angry mob to move them as a group. Then the Mob can be upped to like 20 men instead of 8. You could scale down infantry damage or up infantry cost to keep the balance. Just an idea.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#8 Seregon

Seregon
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:09 PM

But why not give it a try with resizing the infantry, if it doesnt works out than just change it back to normal or make a patch for the peeps who want it good sized

#9 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:32 PM

well you've really got 2 options. Try and talk Creator into it, I think he's probobly plenty busy working on the future of Contra as he sees it, or you can try and make it yourself. Hell, its what I did for the promotion thing. You don't have to be a super coder to go in and make a simple edit, just grab a few tools and a few tutorials and I'm sure they will teach you everything you need to know. If you make something good, post it and make sure not to steal any credit from Creator for aking the Mod.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Seregon

Seregon
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:48 PM

I dont even know how 2 open .big lets start on resizing inf :S

#11 alpha86

alpha86

Vampire Queen

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:05 PM

If you ask me the SDI cannon is a waste of power... I doesnt need that much power. Even superweapons only take 10 power. If it is going to use 20 power it needs something like its own ground and anti-air defence and maybe a slight price increase.

To be honest, and i know i'm repeating what loads of people have already said, but the lvl 5 units/buildings/upgrades are overpowering atm. When the AI is only like lvl 3 and you are at lvl 5 there is no challenge :grin:

*~si aeraesar bastosi shai por eil vyri eindral syl sosti eil thasti ail si basti os aeraesar jhyli*~

Posted Image~*Sufletul ei nu poate să fie salvat. Ea este blestemată.*~Posted Image

Posted Image

~*ai jhyli o shor eir si volaer os tia shyjael caes, volaer mai mar, si tyr thor syl si ae os ei baedi*~

#12 undying_darkness

undying_darkness
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:47 PM

i wouldnt call it a wast of power if it worked (stopping a whole scud storm is worth 20 power), maybe i am doing something wrong so it dosnt work?

#13 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 01:29 AM

I dunno, but it sin't just you, thats for sure. I had to use my tweeked version to get the AI to use a scud storm to see if it would work. It didn't.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Guest_Crusher_*

Guest_Crusher_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:21 PM

If you ask me the SDI cannon is a waste of power... I doesnt need that much power.  Even superweapons only take 10 power.  If it is going to use 20 power it needs something like its own ground and anti-air defence and maybe a slight price increase.

To be honest, and i know i'm repeating what loads of people have already said, but the lvl 5 units/buildings/upgrades are overpowering atm.  When the AI is only like lvl 3 and you are at lvl 5 there is no challenge  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then you should try vsing the Superweapon general. In five player mode and 2 hard opponents against the super weapon gen. She will have an ICBM up sooner than you know it. And she will send A-10s!
OR you can vs against two alliancing Infantry Gens! They will swarm you with low level infantry before you know it

#15 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:01 PM

Then you should try vsing the Superweapon general. In five player mode and 2 hard opponents against the super weapon gen. She will have an ICBM up sooner than you know it. And she will send A-10s!
OR you can vs against two alliancing Infantry Gens! They will swarm you with low level infantry before you know it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have to remeber how the AI works when its playing. If you have AI's playing against each other they send huge mobs of starter units at each other and both gain lots of EXP. They level up and are very tough.

If you play only good human players against the AI the AI can't get even one kill and will never level.

If you let the AI level off of each other they can be chalenging, but thats a big if. If I set all 7 comp players to one team I can beet them all with ease, set it for a free for all and theres a little bit of chalange.

Later today or tommorow I'll be posting my latest version. I've removed the promotion system and am currently working on making the AI hard core again.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Seregon

Seregon
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:58 PM

Yes you deleted some of the promotions but not of the flame gens thermobiracial stuff ... i still have to wait for rank 5

#17 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:47 PM

yeah, all the buldings and units. The upgrades are set up diferently and I'm still figureing out how to use them. I've almost got the AI figured out I think, but I'm stlil workin on it too. I've made a few tiny mods here and there for other games, but never ZH so i'm having to learn as I go.

I'm almost tempted to leave the upgrades prmotion dependent, but I might check it out again. I dunno. First I need to fix SuperWepUSA AI. they won't build anything after the war factory.

Edited by Pendaelose, 09 April 2005 - 09:49 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 10 April 2005 - 12:17 PM

First I need to fix SuperWepUSA AI.  they won't build anything after the war factory.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you can edit AI, then can you help me with new AI for Contra 004?

#19 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 02:01 PM

First I need to fix SuperWepUSA AI.  they won't build anything after the war factory.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you can edit AI, then can you help me with new AI for Contra 004?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure I can do a little... I'm still learning as I go, but with a bit of advice I can learn alot fast. This is prob the 5th game I've played with Modding. But I'd be thrilled to play help if I can.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Guest_Ashur_*

Guest_Ashur_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2005 - 02:41 PM

Umm wasent that connon suposed to shoot down the Nuck missiles? :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users